Princess mobile app

wongcruise

Could this free app be used to communicate with fellow cruisers (we have a group of 12) on board the Royal? Other than down the app before sailing, are there other thing needs to be done.

Nothing.

The Princess app is superfluous. Princess onboard communication is done through their onboard webserver.

To access it you open your browser of choice and enter the following url... <shipname>.princess.com

Could this free app be used to communicate with fellow cruisers (we have a group of 12) on board the Royal? Other than down the app before sailing, are there other thing needs to be done.

The app used to be required but as Thinfool said, you now only need the Ship and princess URL. You will need to set it up while on your sailing with user ID and password and you need your folio number. Just be sure you log out if you are going on the internet.

It's great! You have the Patter there with your activities for the day, you can see your on board charges. I don't like to carry my phone around so I don't use it as much as others who carry their phones on them do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess@Sea works but don't expect push notifications. You can send a message to someone but they have to check to see if they have a message. A lot of people wish there were notifications but I really don't want to have to hear a bunch of ringtones and such.

I downloaded the app long ago in anticipation of needing it but, by the time we sailed, it was superfluous.

so there is an app you can download; but you can also just type in the url into brower and get the same result; is this correct?

No the downloaded app is no longer used. You have to use your browser typing in the URL for the ship, then use your login and password that you set up when you first boarded that ship. You will be using the intranet and therefore not charged for any time. You can at some point of course select a connection to the internet and go online per usual. Don't bother downloading the now worthless app beforehand.

What everyone is saying about not needing the app is correct. You just turn your phone on airplane mode, activate the Wi-Fi and connect to your ship's service. You can message other passengers who are signed up (but you'll have to check to see if you have messages - no notifications). You can also access the Princess Patter each day, add your own events to the schedule (if you make dinner reservations, book a spa treatment, etc.) and view your onboard account. The best part is you don't even have to use Internet minutes to do it.

Princess needs to hire the team that did Disney Cruise line's app. That app is near perfect you can access their version of the patter for any day of the cruise, restaurant menus and push notification messaging with other guests amongst a host of other options.

Hope one day Princess can catch up on that regard.

Princess needs to hire the team that did Disney Cruise line's app. That app is near perfect you can access their version of the patter for any day of the cruise, restaurant menus and push notification messaging with other guests amongst a host of other options.

Hope one day Princess can catch up on that regard.

Disney must know what their daily newsletter will have for the entire cruise to do this.

Princess does not have the Patter for a day even ready to print until the afternoon of the day before.

Disney must know what their daily newsletter will have for the entire cruise to do this.

Princess does not have the Patter for a day even ready to print until the afternoon of the day before.

Yea it's great. You can even select a specific act or show and it will tell you the other times during the cruise that they will be playing and where it will be. You mark it as a favorite and it gets added to your favorite list and you get a reminder on your phone an hour before the activity. They really do it right.

I would be surprised if Princess didn't mostly know well in advance where and when the activities are taking place (with the caveat of there being some slight changes along the way). Granted they don't print the physical patters until the day before but I cannot imagine they go from scratch each day the day before.

Really dumb question - do you txt each other as usual via cell no.?

Nope, you just have to know the name of the person you want to message via the service. You can search for them, and as long as they also have it, their name will show up. The messaging is done within the service. (If you want to text as usual, you'll need to either use data, which is crazy expensive at sea, or iMessage via Wi-Fi if you have an iPhone and purchase Internet minutes.)

Nope, you just have to know the name of the person you want to message via the service. You can search for them, and as long as they also have it, their name will show up.

You can only see people by name if they are sharing your cabin, or linked to your booking.

For other folks, they have to open messenger,

and show you an internal identifier, which you

enter. Once they accept, they show up by

name.

You can only see people by name if they are sharing your cabin, or linked to your booking.

For other folks, they have to open messenger,

and show you an internal identifier, which you

enter. Once they accept, they show up by

name.

This is an example of the 'My messenger ID'

PrincessMessenger_ID_zpsmxsuii4p.png