What is worse....

Scotico

I am not trying to be ugly but the handicapped section should be for handicapped only. Not there spouse, significant other, children, etc. They can sit in a seat in front of the handicapped section. I understand that they want to sit together but for 1 hour it is fine. I am handicapped, arrive 15 to 20 minutes early and handicapped is full with people that are not handicapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to be clear on several ships there are areas that are not handicapped sections, but where seats have been left out of the pattern at the ends of the rows for wheel chairs. So as such they are not handicapped sections, but at the same time are in parts of the theater where there are now steps. An example is in the two new Princess Ships, the Regal and Royal. The lower level can be accessed directly, without stairs and the spacing along the center aisles is left wide on some rows for wheel chairs. The entire lower level is certainly not handicapped. The design is intended for wheel chairs to be placed in the open spots and the person with them to sit in the seat next to the open spot.

I just got off the Caribbean Princess and there were signs where the wheelchairs were to be parked . There were also blue velvet ropes designating the wheelchair area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Caribbean Princess only has spots for wheel chairs at the very back of the theater. Prior to the stairs. There are no places where wheel chairs can be placed at the end of the rows. On the Grand class they cannot enter the bottom area at all (stairs in the lower entrance corridors). Different set up on the Royal Class.

Really? Personally, I don't think they should ask folks to move at all. But I don't think asking people to move to the center is the right thing to do either. If someone doesn't want to sit in the middle, it is their choice. (In my opinion).

Ditto! :)

... I lean over to this guy and tell him in a polite way that if he has an issue with us sitting there that maybe we should go outside and talk about it. He slithered back in his seat and that was that. After the show he was behind us leaving the theater. He met the other 3 guests on the way out and said "those are the spi*!s (derogatory term for someone who is hispanic) who took your seats. I smiled and his wife slapped him while storming off.

I tend to be a bit of a ****e disturber when I see people hording a row of seats and will usually pick seats (line 4th & 5th ones in) that will screw things up for them. Of course, being a 6' 4" bodybuilder kinda guarantees that most of them will just slither away without saying a word.

I tend to be a bit of a ****e disturber when I see people hording a row of seats and will usually pick seats (line 4th & 5th ones in) that will screw things up for them. Of course, being a 6' 4" bodybuilder kinda guarantees that most of them will just slither away without saying a word.
Haha. I will have to remember to sit in the middle of the row the next time I see someone saving a row of seats.

Glad to see Princess got a handle on its theater seating.

I have cruised Princess between 08 to13 7 times. All on Grand Class ships. We always got to the theater anywhere from 20 minutes to 30 minutes prior to the show in order to get 2 seats together. Large scale row reserving was always a big issue.

On Celebrity & not trying to be overly biased here, if I arrive around 5 minutes before the start of the show, I don't recall ever having a problem getting 2 seats together. If we arrive 10 minutes prior, I am usual able to pick my favorite location and along the aisle.

Edited by Banjo

On the very rare occasion I go to the theatre, it will be early

Mostly, we go about five minutes in, stand at the back and leave after a further five minutes ;)

As for chair hogs - when on a sunbed, if someone is looking for a seat and I am aware that a chair has been hogged for longer than half an hour, I will tell them and call a staff member over - I like sticking my nose in like this. I would fling their books and bags in the bin, but that's probably a bit over the top :cool:

Completely agree. I have saved the seat for my wife but that is it. Now that I think about it, how to the restaurants treat it when you have a large table of 8 and only 2 show up while the others are late. Do they seat the 2 at the table as the wait staff waits for the others or do the 2 wait outside the restaurants until everyone shows.

Again it depends, usually the waitstaff will bring water, bread, etc., and will take your order unless you say you're waiting. Sometimes if others arrive late, they will try to sync depending on the time difference.

As someone who gets to the theater extra early to get those aisle seats, I can tell you how hard it is to climb over people to get out to go to the restroom. There's no sign on our foreheads that my husband has had surgery & that is why we need those seats. We ask nothing of anyone and are happy to accommodate late arrivals.

On a recent sailing, it was announced by the Cruise director to move down the row to make room for the latecomers. I should have spoken up then.

Happy sailing.

Oh HELL TO THE NOOOO, I,m not moving out of the aisle seats just because the cruise director said too. My DW and I always get 2 aisle seats just in case we need to leave! Those late comers can take a seat somewhere else!!! Why should we move so others can have our seats? I would let them pass me so they can get to a seat though.:o

As someone who gets to the theater extra early to get those aisle seats, I can tell you how hard it is to climb over people to get out to go to the restroom. There's no sign on our foreheads that my husband has had surgery & that is why we need those seats. We ask nothing of anyone and are happy to accommodate late arrivals.

On a recent sailing, it was announced by the Cruise director to move down the row to make room for the latecomers. I should have spoken up then.

Happy sailing.

Oh HELL TO THE NOOOO, I,m not moving out of the aisle seats just because the cruise director said too. My DW and I always get 2 aisle seats just in case we need to leave! Those late comers can take a seat somewhere else!!! Why should we move so others can have our seats? I would let them pass me so they can get to a seat though.:o

Yip we didn't move either for the cruise director

And didn't move for those passengers who would ask or gesture for us to move. We just said no with no explanation. Some asked more than once. The icy stare works

Happy sailing

Yip we didn't move either for the cruise director

And didn't move for those passengers who would ask or gesture for us to move. We just said no with no explanation. Some asked more than once. The icy stare works

Happy sailing

We wouldn't (and don't) move for late comers or anyone else even if the Captain asked. It's rude to ask no matter who's making the request. I have no problem getting up and letting them squeeze by.