Breakaway - Where is the hot dog cart?

Reddbaron

When we were on the Breakaway in January I saw it twice.

Both times it was set up near Le Bistro across from Headliners.

I saw it the day we boarded and one of the last sea days (14 night cruise out of New York).

It might have been other places during the cruise but I never noticed it.

same hot dogs on the buffet

Nope

Not cooked the same way so do not taste the same nor are they the same kind

The cart uses the longer thinner sabbrett hot dogs boiled in water

That is NOT the way they are served in the buffet and they absolutely did not look like the same kind of hot dogs to me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope

Not cooked the same way so do not taste the same nor are they the same kind

The cart uses the longer thinner sabbrett hot dogs boiled in water

That is NOT the way they are served in the buffet and they absolutely did not look like the same kind of hot dogs to me

I stand corrected! In that case, very cool of NCL to "do it right." Assumed they'd take the cheap option (like always). Good for them! Nothing like a good ole' dirty water street dog.

I stand corrected! In that case, very cool of NCL to "do it right." Assumed they'd take the cheap option (like always). Good for them! Nothing like a good ole' dirty water street dog.

Thanks for admitting your mistake

So you actually had no idea if the the hot dogs were different then?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We saw it parked when not in use at the bottom of the stairs starboard side from Margaritaville. A guy was prepping it around lunch time and then went to the pool bar area where a long line formed. I also saw it evening time in the corridor on 7 leading to O'Sheehans.

Lots of posters on cc assume things and therefore post incorrect info that sounds like they know what they are talking about

I spent a week on the ship last year and never saw the hot dog cart. I am about to sail on her again, and I wanted to see if I can get a "legit" New York hot dog at sea,

Anyone know where they hide the hot dog cart?

It's usually poolside between 11:00 and 2:00 pm

Oh well. I will just have to settle for getting a dirt water dog from a cart on the street in NYC at lunch time [emoji3]

They had a variety of hot dogs with fixings in O'Sheehans on the Gem. Opted for the reuben instead which was very good.

On the Breakaway the hot dog vendor is usually by the pool in the afternoon :) The guy was very friendly. I even had one!

I did miss all the poolside BBQs like they do on the Gem/Jewel. That paella!

Yes, I liked the BBQ's on the Gem....nice touch for lunch by the pool and they had the grill you could have lunch out in the pool area as well. Non of that on the Breakaway which is a small disappointment for our next cruise. It's no biggy....it's just nice to be able to not have to go inside to grab a bite to eat if you are out by the pool in bathing attire.

I spent a week on the ship last year and never saw the hot dog cart. I am about to sail on her again, and I wanted to see if I can get a "legit" New York hot dog at sea,

Anyone know where they hide the hot dog cart?

FYI as awesome as Sabrett dogs are, the hot dogs at O'Sheehan's are still Nathan's (at least on BA), which IMO, are in the same ballpark if not equally great dogs. So, whether you get it from the cart or the Pub, you can have a legit NY dog.

FYI as awesome as Sabrett dogs are, the hot dogs at O'Sheehan's are still Nathan's (at least on BA), which IMO, are in the same ballpark if not equally great dogs. So, whether you get it from the cart or the Pub, you can have a legit NY dog.

The ones on Gem in O'Sheehans were/are Nathan's as well.