Anthem prepping for helicopter evac at about 12:30 EST

138east

Helicopter just finished evacuating the patient. Captain announced that the patient is being flown a half hour to an advanced medical facility. We're sailing again and expect to meet the pilot at Ambrose Light at 4:15 am for an on time arrival at Cape Liberty at 6:00 am.

Hope the person is doing well. I am sure the person has some type of medical insurance. Since they are in the US their medical insurance should cover. I know for a fact you do not even think about the cost when you are in the middle of the crisis. Even if you have travel insurance you still need to pay for things upfront. The charges on the ship will be charged to your seapass card. Once they get home they will be able to file all claims with their travel insurance if they have it. Also if they used a travel agent, the agent should be helping with this.

...........but charges from RCL and every person who has anything to do with that patient when they land.....can you say "$65.00 aspirin"?:eek:

I know first handed that a script of Amoxil costs $312 onboard. My trip insurance paid for itself on that cruise!

Best wishes for the person/s involved. At this point their health is the most important issue, not talk about potential medical costs.

...of course we all wish for the best. But sitting in your home there is nothing that can be done for the patient. But in life there are teaching moments and this should be one....Pay for the insurance.............