Wine

lrockwitt

Thanks for all the info. I am taking my first cruise in May. My hubby drinks bourbon so I get the 2 free bottles for the cabin! It may be cheaper for me to take a few extra bottles than to purchase by the glass. If I carry my $15 fee bottle to the MDR & only drink 2 glasses, can I take what is leftover back to the room or do they keep it for me for the next night? Do you tip the waiter for pouring or is that included in the $15?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you are allowed 1 bottle per adult without a charge. Any more bottles will be charged corkage upon boarding and marked to identify the bottle has paid the fee.

The bottles that are not marked (the 1 per adult "free" on boarding) will be charged a corkage fee (plus 15%) if taken to the MDR or specialty dining.

If you don't finish a bottle they will keep it for you for the next night or you can take it to your room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are allowed 1 bottle per adult without a charge. Any more bottles will be charged corkage upon boarding and marked to identify the bottle has paid the fee.

The bottles that are not marked (the 1 per adult "free" on boarding) will be charged a corkage fee (plus 15%) if taken to the MDR or specialty dining.

If you don't finish a bottle they will keep it for you for the next night or you can take it to your room.

You only pay the $15 corkage fee for your fee free bottle in any dining room & nothing else.

Thanks for all the info. I am taking my first cruise in May. My hubby drinks bourbon so I get the 2 free bottles for the cabin! It may be cheaper for me to take a few extra bottles than to purchase by the glass. If I carry my $15 fee bottle to the MDR & only drink 2 glasses, can I take what is leftover back to the room or do they keep it for me for the next night? Do you tip the waiter for pouring or is that included in the $15?

NOT with bourbon. The 1 bottle per adult refers to WINE not liquor. NOT Allowed to bring your own liquor.

You only pay the $15 corkage fee for your fee free bottle in any dining room & nothing else.

Correct, it's why I said the "ones not marked as having paid corkage"

They only make you pay once if consumed in the MDR or restaurants

NOT with bourbon. The 1 bottle per adult refers to WINE not liquor. NOT Allowed to bring your own liquor.

That's right!!

I missed the fact that the two bottles would be liquor!! Only wine and champagne can be brought on. Whoopsies!!

To the OP, you can preorder some liquor to your cabin but I'm not sure what bourbon/if any.

Thanks for all the info. I am taking my first cruise in May. My hubby drinks bourbon so I get the 2 free bottles for the cabin! It may be cheaper for me to take a few extra bottles than to purchase by the glass.

Hdnwaters is saying DH drinks Bourbon. She will be drinking the wine and will utilize both bottles of wine herself.

Hdnwaters is saying DH drinks Bourbon. She will be drinking the wine and will utilize both bottles of wine herself.

YES! Both bottles of wine plus some! We already plan to buy bourbon by the bottle on board. If you pour a glass of wine in the cabin can you carry it to dinner?

Hmmm I was under the impression it is to be consumed in your cabin.

If taken to the DR or anywhere else you will incur a $15 corkage fee. :confused:

You're correct. Here's the wording on the luggage tag:

Bringing AlcoholOnboard?Please remember ourcarry-on alcohol policy:? One 750ml bottle of wineor champagne per adult pervoyage, which will not besubject to a corkage fee ifconsumed in the stateroom.? Additional wine orchampagne bottles arewelcome, but will incur a$15 corkage fee per bottle,irrespective of where they areintended to be consumed.? Other liquors, spirits or beersare prohibited. Luggage issubject to search.

YES! Both bottles of wine plus some! We already plan to buy bourbon by the bottle on board. If you pour a glass of wine in the cabin can you carry it to dinner?

Yes you can walk around with glasses poured in your cabin

You're correct. Here's the wording on the luggage tag:

Bringing AlcoholOnboard?Please remember ourcarry-on alcohol policy:? One 750ml bottle of wineor champagne per adult pervoyage, which will not besubject to a corkage fee ifconsumed in the stateroom.? Additional wine orchampagne bottles arewelcome, but will incur a$15 corkage fee per bottle,irrespective of where they areintended to be consumed.? Other liquors, spirits or beersare prohibited. Luggage issubject to search.

Yes you can walk around with glasses poured in your cabin.

Per the Princess rules, yes for wine poured from bottles that have been charged corkage; no from the free bottle.

I'm not saying that it isn't done but it is a violation of their stated policy.

Per the Princess rules, yes for wine poured from bottles that have been charged corkage; no from the free bottle.

However, they don't put a sticker on the glass - just on the bottle. If you pour a glass in your cabin, no one will know where the wine came from.

If you want to be technical, I guess it depends on the meaning of the word "consumed". According to the Princess policy (quoted earlier), you do not pay corkage on one bottle each "if consumed in the stateroom." If you pour the wine from the bottle into a glass, have you consumed the bottle of wine?

However, they don't put a sticker on the glass - just on the bottle. If you pour a glass in your cabin, no one will know where the wine came from.

If you want to be technical, I guess it depends on the meaning of the word "consumed". According to the Princess policy (quoted earlier), you do not pay corkage on one bottle each "if consumed in the stateroom." If you pour the wine from the bottle into a glass, have you consumed the bottle of wine?

Apparently you missed the part of my post that says it is done but it is still a violation of their rule for the fee free bottle.

Their rule clearly states the free bottle's wine is to be consumed in the cabin & that definition of consumed is laughable.

But once again, it won't be enforced & everyone decides how to follow any rule.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Apparently you missed the part of my post that says it is done but it is still a violation of their rule for the fee free bottle.

Their rule clearly states the free bottle's wine is to be consumed in the cabin & that definition of consumed is laughable.

But once again, it won't be enforced & everyone decides how to follow any rule.

The structure of the sentence is not clear. Is the corkage charged on the bottle or on the wine? It's not clear whether the bottle has to be consumed in the cabin or the wine has to be consumed in the cabin. In this case, the bottle is clearly consumed in the cabin, even if the wine is eventually consumed elsewhere.

The structure of the sentence is not clear. Is the corkage charged on the bottle or on the wine? It's not clear whether the bottle has to be consumed in the cabin or the wine has to be consumed in the cabin. In this case, the bottle is clearly consumed in the cabin, even if the wine is eventually consumed elsewhere.

We never take any bottles from our cabin to the dining rooms, usually buy one there. So don't know for certain but it appears to me there have been a lot of pertinent posts, not only on this thread but others, where folks have taken their free bottles to the MDR and paid the corkage fee with no problems. Here is the policy:

"As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom."

The way I read it is that it isn't mandatory that the free bottle be consumed in the cabin, however, if it is not, it is subject to a corkage fee.

If you don't finish a bottle they will keep it for you for the next night or you can take it to your room

I have never been charged 15%.....only the $15 corkage fee.

Semantics....only wine is being consumed. I don't believe anyone is actually consuming the bottle! LOL!;p

I have never been charged 15%.....only the $15 corkage fee.

How long ago?

Did you take the bottle to a restaurant?

I took my 1 bottle to a restaurant (paid nothing on boarding) and paid $17 and change for corkage in the Crown Grill.

Had I consumed it in my room, I would have paid nothing.

I've never brought more than 1 per adult so no idea what they charge for extra bottles when you board (just $15 or $15 plus gratuity).

I have heard "stories" of people not charged a corkage fee but until that happens to me, it's urban legend. Lol and if it happened to you (on Princess) then you were luckier then me! So awesome for you.

It's $17. I brought a nice bottle not sold on board, completely worth it l, even if I had the AIBP