Am I Crazy? Booked for 2007!!

Bobby Jones

Just booked Island Princess for January 2007 Hawaiian cruise - more than a year away!! I know anticipation is part of the pleasure of a cruise, but what's the earliest you ever booked? I notice 'Largin' also has a booking for 1/07.

Booked a balcony on Aloha deck forward - A309. Any comments?

You'd be surprized how many people book so far in advance. We booked an April 2007 cruise on the Crown Princess back in August. Currently in the shipyard, it's maiden voyage is six months away! The ship should have all the bugs worked out but still be fairly new when we sail.

If you make monthly payments from now until the balance is due, it's much easier on the bank account too!

We're already booked for the Crown for March, 2007 and are waiting for the Summer/Fall Europe schedule to come out so we can book the European Explorer if offered in Sept. 07.

I like to make sure I get the cabin I want and start to compile all my research which is half the fun of traveling (and naturally participating in an early roll call and getting to know my fellow cruisers).

Steven_&_Daniel

You're right about advanced bookings giving you the chance to save. The Australia/New Zealand trip will also have higher airfare. I have started putting money away every 2 weeks so the bulk of the expense will be covered before final payment date. I'm keeping it in a seperate account so I'm still earning the interest rather than giving it to Princess too early.

I don't think your crazy for booking ahead. We booked 17 months ahead for our B2B cruises next year in Dec. We are leaving on this years cruise in 17 days so I will immediately have something to work on after Christmas. Enjoy the journey!!

We booked Golden for April 2007 last July 20th (along with Mii) so that's 21 months in advance.

In Aug of 2004 we booked Alaska for May of 2005 and Hawaii for March of 2006 so that's 10 months out and 19 months out.................:D

Almost every cruise I have taken, I have booked a year plus in advance. I'm waiting for the summer '07 Crown schedule to come out. I'm hoping she will stay in San Juan and do the Southern Caribbean. I believe you get better pricing and cabin selection for booking early. Enjoy the planning process.

Booking early locks in your rate (You can always monitor and adjust if/when rates go down, but popular itineraries and categories go up - and best cabins are taken :eek:

If your plans change - just cancel - deposit returned, no problem.........

The only drawback to booking very early is the Promotional mailings Princess marketing has been sending out lately for new bookings only....you lose out on some extra SBC......

I'm not happy with this situation..........although an early booking with a group rate through a good TA usually evens things out............JMHO

Renee

Archived