Princess Platinum, Holland Perks???

Sea and Me

We're Elite on Princess and received nothing extra on our two upcoming HAL cruises. Maybe someone has the secret to transfer perks from Princess to HAL. We received some perks on a Royal Caribbean cruise because of our Celebrity Elite status, so clearly some sister lines do offer this.

When Mr. Arnold Donald became CEO of Carnival Corporation, one of his stated objectives to financial analysts on a Quarterly Conference Call was to find a way of integrating the loyalty programs of all the Carnival Companies in order to benefit those of us who sail on more than one Carnival Corporation brand Company. Has not happened as of yet, that's for sure.

I am 5* on HAL and get literally nothing when I go on Princess other than the "return get together". Not even sure if they still do that. My last Princess cruise was a few years ago.

Just saying that it works both ways ;)

Unlike RCI Cruise Lines (RCI, Celebrity and Azamara) where they do have reciprocity, the CCL Lines do not really have any reciprocity. But yes, they will give you 1 Star status (they would probably give that to anyone who asked) which really has virtually no meaning on HAL. Sure, it will get you to the Mariner's Party (with everyone else on the ship) which is hardly worth the effort. In fact, DW and I now longer even bother with those overcrowded parties and find that its the perfect time to relax at a bar (elsewhere on the ship).

Hank

Unlike RCI Cruise Lines (RCI, Celebrity and Azamara) where they do have reciprocity, the CCL Lines do not really have any reciprocity. But yes, they will give you 1 Star status (they would probably give that to anyone who asked) which really has virtually no meaning on HAL. Sure, it will get you to the Mariner's Party (with everyone else on the ship) which is hardly worth the effort. In fact, DW and I now longer even bother with those overcrowded parties and find that its the perfect time to relax at a bar (elsewhere on the ship).

Hank

We haven't gone to a Mariner's brunch in several years.

I have to use a walker and can't stand the free-for-all of everyone pushing to get to certain tables.

DH is not a picky eater but even he isn't impressed with the choices for the brunch.

Hank

You may be right Hank, but since we normally "connect" with a few people on the ship, we enjoy going to the medallion ceremony and then together and enjoy lunch as a group.

You should really try it again - especially if you are on a longer cruise which I believe you are prone to do.

They have done it quite well on our last few and with good company what more can anyone ask for?

We haven't gone to a Mariner's brunch in several years.

I have to use a walker and can't stand the free-for-all of everyone pushing to get to certain tables.

DH is not a picky eater but even he isn't impressed with the choices for the brunch.

Agree, In fact, we love the days when they have those Mariner's Brunches because it means that it will be much easier to get a seat in the Lido....not to mention shorter queues. The funny thing about frequent cruiser perks is that the more we cruise (with any line) the less we take advantage of many of the so-called perks. The menus at the Mariner's lunches has never been very impressive....and we don't think its worth the hassle for a free glass of cheap wine. In fact, the entire HAL Mariners thing (with the award ceremony and lunch) has gotten a bit ridiculous (we do understand that some HAL lovers find these functions very important). We have been on several HAL cruises where they now telephone all the participants to find out if they are going to attend (this has happened because there are many no-shows).

We should add that DW and I tend to spend our sea days relaxing in an outdoor (weather permitting) deck chair with a good book (we love our Kindles). The idea of having to get dressed in "smart casual" clothes so that we can attend the luncheon...makes little sense. When you consider that HAL has done away with formal nights (and we love to dress formal) it really makes no sense to apply a smart casual standard to a sea day luncheon.

Hank

A CCL advantage available on Princess and HAL as well as all the other CCL cruise lines is the stock benefit of OBC if show you own 100 shares of CCL stock.

That's about the only benefit I can think of that works across the CCL cruise lines. m--