Refreshment Package Discount

Hey all, I've never purchased a drink package before and am entertaining the idea of the mid level, $26/day Refreshment Package. Has anyone ever seen a discount on this package? I see 20% off on the top tier all the time, but haven't noticed the mid level one go on sale. Should I wait or just take the plunge?

Hey all, I've never purchased a drink package before and am entertaining the idea of the mid level, $26/day Refreshment Package. Has anyone ever seen a discount on this package? I see 20% off on the top tier all the time, but haven't noticed the mid level one go on sale. Should I wait or just take the plunge?

People have reported it decreasing to $18 or $19. But whether it shows up for your cruise is totally unpredictable.

If you take the plunge and see the price go down later, you can cancel and re-order.

We bought the refreshment pkg at $26, then it went on sale last month for $18 and I cancelled and rebooked.

In light of the recent erroneous cancellations of entire fully paid cruises by RRCL's IT "glitch" I would be wary of cancelling and rebooking anything. ;)

Very new to cruising. How do you find out about these discounts? Do you check the RCI website daily or do they send announcements? We're not going til October.

No announcements (they would not be dependable anyhow), just check your Cruise Planner periodically.

Very new to cruising. How do you find out about these discounts? Do you check the RCI website daily or do they send announcements? We're not going til October.

Keep checking CC daily. You'll see someone here posting the info. CCrs are the BEST!

Recently I saw the sales pages saying beverages being 20% off, but for the classic soda package it was showing $8.50/day and this price never fluctuated; then looking at the ad closer it seemed to imply that the $8.50/day is 20% cheaper than if I waited to purchase the package on the ship.

Anyhow, I will keep monitoring, and if the price goes down I will cancel and reorder at the new price. I did that for excursions that went down in price and all worked out well.

Hope this helps.

you also need to check the pricing of your cruise daily like me. you never know how much it will go down. i started a spreadsheet and do daily price checks.