Spring break on Eurodam

You will have a wonderful time!

We are in Cozumel till 11 pm. So here is my suggestion:

Take a cab into town, "Al Centro" to the barracuda hotel. There is a beach concession there called "The No Name Bar" that caters to crew, so it's super fun and lively and free. You will be expected to buy a beer, etc. there is a pool with a swim up bar and it's right on the water.

From there, take another cab, if you can't find a map, to Wet Wendy's . It's in a pedestrian area behind the square and to the north. The best frozen margarita and this will be hopping AT NIGHT, unlike the other bars, which will shut down as most ships will be gone.

Bring fives, tens and single $usd,

Your cabs will be less than $10.

Mexico is a bargain and everything in Cozumel is super safe and inexpensive.

There is a Mega store, like a Walmart across the street from barracuda where you can buy anything

What RuthC said: she's the "HAL Mama" in my opinion.

Switch your partying to the ports. There are always super fun places near the docs.

Never in your stateroom; it's just not worth the hassle, because your neighbors across, above, below, on either side WILL call Customer Service/Security on you. That's why RuthC's idea is a great one!

Talk to the Cruise Director/Staff when you get on board, and see if they can plan some activities for you. They can even close off one of the lesser used bars for an evening cocktail party for you.

You will have fun! POA1 had good advice. My first cruise I took with 2 of my girlfriends the 3 of us.. all single maybe 27 years ago. Ours was an inside stateroom with 4 bunks in the hull of the ship. We went on standby as a Holland American Friends and Family opportunity probably in the lowest of low room. We had a blast on that cruise! We enjoyed meeting older couples. They were fun and were also there to have a good time! We danced with their husbands.. their wives took pictures of us dancing to put on the "Moose" wall when they returned. You may not meet many of your own age group to hang with.. enjoy your time on board with your friends... don't expect to meet a ship of your age group. Party hard in the ports. Talk with the crew. Our memories were wonderful! Now I am one of those older women... still like fun!

another thought.. that many years ago we had no idea the passengers were a couple of decades older than us. We met so many fun people.. most likely you will wake up to your same cabin mates.. Enjoy!!

One more piece of advice, be sure your back onboard on time when in port, the ship won't wait for you to finish up that last beer, if you miss the ship it will then be up to you financially to get to the next port.........

• 2 weeks later...

Holland America is not for Spring Break. My gradkids love Carnival, and we took a trip with them last summer, and we(Holland 3 star Mariner) noticed the difference..

Let us the 55+ enjoy HAL, we love HAL, but unfortunatley(fortunate for us) is not for young crowds.

I have a feeling that the OP was a troll who was trying to get a reaction...just joined and only has 1 post. Never responded to this thread again...troll. :)

And instead got helpful answers. We're just no fun here. ;p