Anthem of the Seas - Live Review 3/5/17-3/12/17

Thanks so much fordoing this. I am looking forward to this review! Have a great trip! I sail on the Anthem in May...can't wait. I am curious to know how people dress on formal nights. I was hoping not to look out of place if I wore black slacks and a nice blouse. Also, how about the men....do they all wear suits? ties? Would love to hear your thoughts of the shows, puzzle room, ifly, etc.

You will be fine with your slacks and blouse. Last year was the first time my husband didn't take a tux or suit, just a sports jacket, dress slacks, no tie, no problem. They are lax about their dress code. Most of the shows are great. We have done 16 cruises and Anthem was our best yet, liked it so much that 2 days after returning last year we booked again for this year, 42 more days!!!

Marg

Are wow bands available on Anthem? Is there an additional cost? If you used wow bands..Your thoughts?

Yes, WOW bands are available on Anthem. I believe they are around $5 for non-suite guests.

How was the weather out of NJ and for your day getting to Florida? We leave on the 19th and want to pack appropriately.

Thanks! Can't wait to hear about your experience.

Stephanie

When were you able to start booking shows, etc. on Anthem? I am sailing at the end of October and no links are open to book activities or shows??????

MARAPRINCE

We booked the cruise on 16 2016. I was immediately able to make our MTD and show reservations for The Gift, Spectra's Cabaret, and We Will Rock You. I was able to book North Star and iFly on 10/22/2016 and the Escape Room on 12/22/2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you let me know if they offer a dining discount for a specialty restaurant on the first day? I didn't buy the BOGO dining in time and we were going to use if for Wonderland. Thanks

I am sorry I did not notice and like an idiot I forgot to take a picture of the cruise Compass!

Are wow bands available on Anthem? Is there an additional cost? If you used wow bands..Your thoughts?

Yes I bought one and so did my sister and son. They have not billed our room for them yet. So far it has worked great!

How was the weather out of NJ and for your day getting to Florida? We leave on the 19th and want to pack appropriately.

Thanks! Can't wait to hear about your experience.

Stephanie

It was FREEZING Saturday when we were in Manhattan and on Sunday where were in Bayonne and I did not have my jacket. On Sunday it was -5 Celsius / 23 Fahrenheit. Brrr!!!!

Sorry for not posting yesterday - I was concentrating too much on getting my bearings :)

We got to the port at around 10:30. You have to drive right by the terminal to get to the parking garage so we dropped off Jennifer and Ethan at the terminal with the bags and we went to drop off the car. It was a very short walk back - only a minute or two. When Paul and I got to the terminal, there was no one available with an iPad to check us in so we went right up to the check in counter. We had to have our pics taken again - apparently ours were too dark. After we checked in, we went to sit in the assigned area. They do not corral people by C&A status - I think they just sit us as you check in and that is the order they follow when you board (except for pinnacles, suites and wedding parties which did seem to have their own area).

We finally found Jen and Ethan. When they had come in, they were told to sit in a holding area until someone with an iPad came by to check them in. They did not have to get their photos redone. We had saved them seats so they were able to come sit with us as soon as they were done. We ended up boarding just before 11AM.

I was really impressed by the decor when we boarded. The Esplanade reminds me a lot somewhere like the Forums at Caesars Palace in Vegas. We headed right to Boleros where we were able to get our Wow Bands. They only had blue and yellow available. I wanted black but apparently they do. It have ANY on the ship. I purchased a yellow one but did manage to trade it for a white one at guest services later.

We headed to Cafe270 for lunch so we could have Kummelwecks. It was disappointing. They did not have au jus and the beef was over cooked. Hopefully we will be able to get a better one later in the week.

We have MTD and have booked 6pm reservations for the week. We checked in and were taken downstairs to Grande. Here is the Menu for night 1. I am. It sure why but some of my photos are getting weird stripes - almost like I am taking a photo of a computer screen. It's be something with the lighting...

3a0f8c742de1861912cec7cd29f80587.jpgf9c08cc963954ec7fa2ec98bbb0a1a11.jpg45eee99165c44e1ef0601f77439ee31c.jpgcc0afd36ca22deb0d6a7adb4dd835d3c.jpg

Awesome, I'm on Anthem next week so it's fun to get a sneak peak! Question, how is the movement on the boat? I've only cruised out of Florida so I'm a little bit worried about being in the colder/rougher Atlantic water going down the coast.

I see the drinks in the Schooner bar are $13.00 and the beverage package states it covers drinks up to $12.00.

Did you try to get one with the package? I'm wondering if they will charge a difference :eek:

I had a few Tom Collins last night. They are $13 and were covered by the package. One thing I really like is this ship shows the price of the drink on the slip they have you sign and then shows the credit for the same amount, making the charge $0. I will get a pic later to show you what I mean.