Can we STOP complaining about the MDR food?

RecoveryDude

Love reading these boards but so tired of people complaining about the "quality" of the MDR food on Carnival. THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FINE DINING FOOD, people .... Perhaps some people just need to adjust their expectations? I consider the MDR food to be "Banquet Quality" ... which is as good as anyone should expect ... its not possible to push out thousands of "fine dining" meals in such a short amount of time. With my "Banquet Quality" expectations ... I am rarely disappointed with anything I get in the MDR, and If I am, I just order something else. Better yet I typically order multiple entrees and starters anyway and usually like at least one thing they bring. :)

If you truly want an elevated food experience ... then simply factor an extra $245 into your cruise fare and book the Steakhouse every night for your 7 night carnival cruise -

.....And before you start saying that "This line or that line has better food than CCL" ... consider that "those lines" also charge significantly MORE to book your cruise than carnivals fare + $35/day for the steakhouse.

Thank you for letting me rant. :)

Love reading these boards but so tired of people complaining about the "quality" of the MDR food on Carnival. THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FINE DINING FOOD, people .... Perhaps some people just need to adjust their expectations? I consider the MDR food to be "Banquet Quality" ... which is as good as anyone should expect ... its not possible to push out thousands of "fine dining" meals in such a short amount of time. With my "Banquet Quality" expectations ... I am rarely disappointed with anything I get in the MDR, and If I am, I just order something else. Better yet I typically order multiple entrees and starters anyway and usually like at least one thing they bring. :)

If you truly want an elevated food experience ... then simply factor an extra $245 into your cruise fare and book the Steakhouse every night for your 7 night carnival cruise -

.....And before you start saying that "This line or that line has better food than CCL" ... consider that "those lines" also charge significantly MORE to book your cruise than carnivals fare + $35/day for the steakhouse.

Thank you for letting me rant. :)

Well I just want to say it first. Looks like someone ate jerk chicken for lunch. I actually am just joking around and please don't take offense to that. I think most of the food on Carnival is very good and for the price I pay for a cruise I always feel like I get my moneys worth in entertainment, food, and relaxation.

We just came back from our first all inclusive, I must say that Carnival's food is 100% better than what we were served there !!

I also did a ncl cruise last march, Carnival's food was better there also. We have had very few bad meals on Carnival. Its usually when I order something to try and dont like it.

No. We can't. Because once we accept lower quality, then we have given up.

Once we accept lower quality, Carnival will lower the quality yet again.

Once we accept lower quality, then the standards will never rise.

Do not accept. Complain about the food. Complain about the lack of tablecloths. Complain about cold entrees Complain about the lack of service. Be heard.

I will not be complacent with my money. :)

Honestly, I think that Carnival food is pretty good, but I disagree about Carnival charging less per cruise. That might have been true at one time, but prices have been coming up in the past year or so. I currently have three 14 day cruises booked - One on HAL, one on Princess and one on Carnival. Prices were pretty much the same across the board...

Do not accept. Complain about the food. Complain about the lack of tablecloths. Complain about cold entrees Complain about the lack of service. Be heard.

The only way they'll hear you is if you talk with your money. On Fascination the food quality was fine, nothing to complain about. I don't care about tablecloths. Our service was great. Food was at proper temperature.

Honestly, I think that Carnival food is pretty good, but I disagree about Carnival charging less per cruise. That might have been true at one time, but prices have been coming up in the past year or so. I currently have three 14 day cruises booked - One on HAL, one on Princess and one on Carnival. Prices were pretty much the same across the board...

It is possible to shop around to find prices closer to CCL's especially with the longer cruises but every time I've compared similar ships/itineraries/times of year CCL has the others beat by hundreds.

You remind me of the couple that was seated next to us on our first cruise, Magic, back in 2014. They went on and on, through dinner, complaining that Carnival food just wasn't that good, other cruise lines are better. On and on and on. Then they ordered 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts EACH. After telling me how bad the quality was, I watched this lady eat chicken nuggets and french fries from the kids menu. Then she had ordered 2 creme brulee desserts, ate the topping off each one, left the rest. Her husband ordered two plates of roast beef, ate it then complained it was tough and that they would never pay money for that crap. He only ate one bite of each dessert he ordered. Such a waste of food. They also told us that formal night they both ordered 2-3 lobster tails each so they got their "money" worth.

I never will understand this attitude. This sets the bar so low as to be ridiculous.

That's not true at all. I am one who is a very plain eater. Meat and potatoes...no matter where I am. Doesn't make the "bar" anywhere....its what I, or anyone likes for themselves.

So, I guess I don't understand the "attitude" that everyone has to expect the same food you do.

Well I guess my point or attitude is that I know they are cooking for 1000's of people......and I appreciate that I am not cooking for a week. I know it is not 5 star dining, but one can always find something that they like. Sure there are things we don't like, but there are plenty of things that we do like.

That's not true at all. I am one who is a very plain eater. Meat and potatoes...no matter where I am. Doesn't make the "bar" anywhere....its what I, or anyone likes for themselves.

So, I guess I don't understand the "attitude" that everyone has to expect the same food you do.

The comment I replied to stated that "So long as I am not cooking or doing the dishes the food is always good". This is nonsense and has nothing to do with you being a plain eater or a fancy eater. If this is the standard of food then quality is not a consideration at all, only convenience.

We used to have a vending machine at work that would dispense fruit, hamburgers, sandwiches or salads. It was cheap and there was nothing to clean up. We called it the wheel of death and eventually it was removed because it was disgusting. Now we have a cafeteria with a deli, a grill and an entrée station that varies. It isn't the best in the world but it's a big step up from the wheel and we still don't have to clean up after ourselves.

I certainly don't expect you to like all the same food as me, but if your only requirement is that you needn't cook or clean up after the meal, then I stand by my statement that you have ridiculously low standards.

Nope,

Without complaints we wouldn't have experienced the evolution of the American Table on the Inspiration. It was interesting seeing how they tweaked the recipes. The hostesses were complaining that they were changing every cruise.

Also 25% of the threads would disappear and what fun is that?

The comment I replied to stated that "So long as I am not cooking or doing the dishes the food is always good". This is nonsense and has nothing to do with you being a plain eater or a fancy eater. If this is the standard of food then quality is not a consideration at all, only convenience.

We used to have a vending machine at work that would dispense fruit, hamburgers, sandwiches or salads. It was cheap and there was nothing to clean up. We called it the wheel of death and eventually it was removed because it was disgusting. Now we have a cafeteria with a deli, a grill and an entrée station that varies. It isn't the best in the world but it's a big step up from the wheel and we still don't have to clean up after ourselves.

I certainly don't expect you to like all the same food as me, but if your only requirement is that you needn't cook or clean up after the meal, then I stand by my statement that you have ridiculously low standards.

I don't have ridiculously standards, but I would say I am easy to please with the many options of food that a cruise gives you. (if that makes sense) We have of course had meals that were not wonderful on past trips......cruising and on land.

I would agree about the vending machines. Here at our school that just got rid of one and replaced it finally with something that you may want to buy from it. :)

And if their standards are low, what? They aren't your standards and taking them to task for their low standards isn't likely to cause them to raise their standards.