Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

I have read your posts on CC for years and saw you and your lovely wife all over the ship. I just now made the connection. I will enjoy your review and photos in the next few days.

I agree with you regarding the Hotel. We travel frequently both for business and pleasure. Slowest check in ever with less than desirable customer service. I did enjoy the Hotel restaurant. I heard many complaining about a 30 min wait on Saturday night. I find that the norm when we go out. My thought is do I want to eat somewhere that doesn't have a wait on the most popular night to go out? Looking forward to your review.

pghsteelerfan? YES! Me too, I am from the Burgh. Great to meet you! I guess we have met lol.

Yessss!!!! I am from the Burgh. Well, near the Burgh, I grew up closer to Latrobe. Great meeting you too...or who knows, we may have met already! You weren't on Carnival Liberty in September 2015 were you? Met others from the Burgh and planned to exchange info. but we never ran into each other again. But always great seeing another yinzer on CC. :D

Jamman...sorry for the hi-jack. But I do have a legitimate question. After your water tour in Tampa when Patti said the shops were closed permanently, are those the shops right near the cruise port? If so, that's a shame. Well, a shame regardless.

• Like 1

Yessss!!!! I am from the Burgh. Well, near the Burgh, I grew up closer to Latrobe. Great meeting you too...or who knows, we may have met already! You weren't on Carnival Liberty in September 2015 were you? Met others from the Burgh and planned to exchange info. but we never ran into each other again. But always great seeing another yinzer on CC. :D

Jamman...sorry for the hi-jack. But I do have a legitimate question. After your water tour in Tampa when Patti said the shops were closed permanently, are those the shops right near the cruise port? If so, that's a shame. Well, a shame regardless.

More hijacking...sorry. From Johnstown here. Go Steelers / Penguins!:p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More hijacking...sorry. From Johnstown here. Go Steelers / Penguins!:p

And one more hijack - former Indiana, Pa here! Love the Pride, 7th time coming up in April. Question, is Ken on there yet? He's just great...

• Like 2

As with all your reviews, I am enjoying this one immensely. Love seeing your photos of the Tampa area, where I have spend quite a bit of time in years gone by, but it sure has grown since then lol! Looking forward to the rest of your review, and would some day love to do a journey's cruise. thanks for your review.

Thanks for following along once again! Hope you get to do a Journeys cruise. They are great as you soon will see! :)

I'm absolutely loving your review! I have read several of your other reviews and I have always enjoyed them. I love your writing style....everything flows so well! This review has me excited for my cruise next cruise in May.

Glad to have you on board. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very excited to read your review. Will be a nice countdown to my cruise in April. Never been on the Pride, but she looks like a nice ship!

Awesome photos! I'm enjoying your review so far!

Thank you both for reading. We're just getting started! :D

Can't wait to see your review of the pride! We will be sailing on it May 7th. This will be our second time but our first time taking a real cruise. The first time was in October and Hurricane Matthew hit and we were stuck up in the cold weather of NY. :( Mind you, we still had a great time on the boat. I am so excited for the real cruise though!

Thanks for coming along for the ride! Don't think you'll have to worry about hurricanes this time! :D

Thank you for this review! I'm a first time poster on cruise critic but have been reading up for a few weeks. My family is getting on the Pride this Sunday! Well as long as we can dig out of 2+ feet of snow that we have in upstate NY! Can't wait! I read your other pride review and it made me so happy that we chose this ship! Thanks!

Congrats on your first post! I feel honored that you chose my thread to post on. Thanks for reading and enjoy your cruise on the Pride, Tell Ken the Maitre' d that Jeff & Patti say Hi!! :D

As always, a lovely review! I'm looking forward to the next installment. :)

Nice pictures of Tampa, this is going to be a good review!

Thanks to both of you for coming along for the ride!! :)

Great review so far

Thanks for reading. Much more to come!!

Glad to see another one of your spectacular reviews, Jamman! This one looks like it will be a doozy with that awesome itinerary.

Thanks for joining us once again. Doozy is a good word for it!!! :D

I have read your posts on CC for years and saw you and your lovely wife all over the ship. I just now made the connection. I will enjoy your review and photos in the next few days.

I agree with you regarding the Hotel. We travel frequently both for business and pleasure. Slowest check in ever with less than desirable customer service. I did enjoy the Hotel restaurant. I heard many complaining about a 30 min wait on Saturday night. I find that the norm when we go out. My thought is do I want to eat somewhere that doesn't have a wait on the most popular night to go out? Looking forward to your review.

Sorry we didn't get to meet. Feel free to add your comments at any time, and enjoy re-living the cruise. :)

No problem. Yes, many of the shops by the cruise terminals are closed. It is a shame.

I want to go on a cruise with Jamman and Patti! They're probably a whole lot of fun!

Yes we are!!!!! :D:D

I can see pics on home computer!!

So glad you can finally see them! Didn't want you to think I was holding out on you! :D Glad to have you along for the ride yet again. Your work computers probably don't like that I use smugmug as my hosting site.

And one more hijack - former Indiana, Pa here! Love the Pride, 7th time coming up in April. Question, is Ken on there yet? He's just great...

Yes, Ken is back on board the Pride, and will be there until May when he goes on vacation. You will see plenty of him during my review! :)

Okay folks, though I have a busy schedule the next few days, I hope to get some pages up tonight. Thanks for your patience!!

Hello Jamman and thanks so much for all of your great reviews. I even kept checking while you were still on your cruise to see if you might have started this one while still onboard (hey us admirers can hope)!

I was on the Pride in 2009 repositioning from Long Beach (I think to Miami) via the Panama Canal for 14 days. Definitely one of the wonders of the world.

Thanks again to you and Patti.

Hey Jeff, was JoAnn one of the bartenders at the lobby bar? She was on our October cruise. She was great and very funny.

Hey Bill, glad to have you along again! To tell you the truth, I don't really know if she was still there. I didn't have too many drinks there.

Hello Jamman and thanks so much for all of your great reviews. I even kept checking while you were still on your cruise to see if you might have started this one while still onboard (hey us admirers can hope)!

I was on the Pride in 2009 repositioning from Long Beach (I think to Miami) via the Panama Canal for 14 days. Definitely one of the wonders of the world.

Thanks again to you and Patti.

Glad to have you following along again. In reality, I was working on the review during the cruise, but only on some of the background stuff. The internet was not strong enough to do much uploading. The Panama Canal was a highlight for sure! :D

Saturday, February 25th - Tampa, Florida.

It was another beautiful day here in Tampa. We really didn’t have anything planned for today, but to relax. We started off the day with breakfast at the Beach Bar & Grille, choosing to sit outside this morning. Patti took these shots as we waited for our breakfast to arrive. That’s me!!

IMG_0393-M.jpg

Plenty of outside seating…..

IMG_0398-M.jpg

IMG_0397-M.jpg

IMG_0395-M.jpg

Beach volleyball court…..

IMG_0394-M.jpg

The gazebo at the end of the pier…..

IMG_0399-M.jpg

To be continued…..

Here are a couple of guys fishing in the shallow water…..

IMG_0401-M.jpg

IMG_0402-M.jpg

That’s Whiskey Joe’s across the way. Patti would walk over there later and take some photos…..

IMG_0404-M.jpg

After breakfast, Patti decided to take the shuttle over to the International Mall, while I just hung out at the hotel working on the pictures we had taken so far.

Around 2pm I made my way down to the Beach Bar to have a few while I waited for Patti to come back. Patti got this shot of the Bahama Breeze Island Grille from the shuttle as it drove past. Though we never ate there, we heard good things about it, and the shuttle would be happy to take you there!

IMG_0411-M.jpg

Back at the hotel, Patti got these shots of the long line of people waiting to check in. Same thing every night!

IMG_0412-M.jpg

IMG_0413-M.jpg

To be continued…..

Patti met me at the Beach Bar for a couple of drinks, then began her walk over to Whiskey Joe’s…..

IMG_0417-M.jpg

IMG_0418-M.jpg

IMG_0419-M.jpg

Here are a few views looking back towards the Bay Harbor Hotel……

IMG_0420-M.jpg

IMG_0422-M.jpg

IMG_0426-M.jpg

To be continued…….

Back at the Bay Harbor Hotel, a good crowd is waiting to hear some live music…..

IMG_0440-M.jpg

IMG_0438-M.jpg

I can say this about the Bay Harbor Hotel, is that you get some pretty views of the sun setting over the Bay. Here we are waiting for the sun to set…..

IMG_0455-M.jpg

IMG_0446-M.jpg

Our final sunset here in Tampa……

IMG_0466-M.jpg

IMG_0472-M.jpg

Afterwards, we had our last dinner at the Beach Bar & Grille, and then we turned in for the night. Tomorrow we will be boarding the Carnival Pride!!!

To be continued…..