Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

Looking forward to another great review!!

Thanks for coming along for the ride once again!

Loving reading this review on a snowy, snowy day day here on Long Island. Especially interested in hearing about the Panama Canal partial transit! This cruise is on my bucket list.

Glad to have you aboard again. You are going to love the Panama Canal segment. We have it covered like a glove. It was awesome!!! :D

Anyone else having a problem seeing the pictures? I can only see the one with you and Gingerma.

All of the others are just black boxes.:mad:

Forget it. I shut down IE and restarted and they are all there.:o

Edited by KPfromCT
user error :)

Enjoying the review! Love ALL the details of the pre-cruise!

Thanks for reading! Much, much more to come.

Always love your reviews, Jeff! Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks for coming along for the ride again!

So excited to come across a new Jamman review! They're always so entertaining and informative. This one promises to be wonderful...since it includes the Pride, Bonaire and Panama Canal! Looking forward to more.

Thanks for your kind words. I think you will be pleased with this one. :D

yay! another Jamman review! following and interested to see what you do in Tampa. I will be there next week (not for a cruise though)

Thanks for reading once again. The Tampa segment will be up next!

Anyone else having a problem seeing the pictures? I can only see the one with you and Gingerma.

All of the others are just black boxes.:mad:

Forget it. I shut down IE and restarted and they are all there.:o

Don't scare me! This new board isn't quite as easy to use as the old one! :mad: Glad it wasn't me this time though! :D

Thank you for starting this. I have 96 days until my next Pride cruise so I am starting to troll the boards for new stuff.

Thanks for reading! I'm pretty sure I can get this done before you leave on your next Pride cruise. :D

For pictures all I get is a small x in a box. Why?

Atlanta airport seems to put connecting flights as far away as possible. I dropped my ticket somewhere in the dash to get from one gate to another. Only time I pulled a woman crying to get what I needed, to get on the plane. Finally worked.

Atlanta airport seems to put connecting flights as far away as possible. I dropped my ticket somewhere in the dash to get from one gate to another. Only time I pulled a woman crying to get what I needed, to get on the plane. Finally worked.

Try closing down your browser and reopening it. It worked for me. I was seeing the same boxes with the "x" as you.

This site can really be wonky sometimes. Everything looks okay on my end.

Friday, February 24th - Tampa, Florida

One of the things that the Bay Harbor Hotel does right is to allow the shuttle to take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. Walgreen’s is very popular destination to pick up those last minute things you need before your cruise. The nearby International Mall is also very popular. Patti had to jettison a few items from our luggage to make weight for flying, so now she needed to replace those items. Here we are waiting for the shuttle……

IMG_0267-M.jpg

Along with our new cruise friends KrusinKris and Ken, we made the trip over to Walgreen’s. $125 later we called for the shuttle to pick us up, and they were there within 10 minutes.

Once back at the hotel, we had the front desk call us a cab. Patti and I wanted to go explore the Channel District, and since that was about 10 miles away, the shuttle couldn’t take us there. The cab came quickly and after a harrowing 15 minute drive, we were there. The cab fare was $27 plus tip.

IMG_0268-M.jpg

We had done a little research and two of the things we wanted to do today was ride the streetcars and water taxis. First up for us was to ride the streetcars. They run back and forth from downtown Tampa to Ybor City, and you can hop off and hop on at any of the stops. The cost was $5/pp for an all day pass. What a bargain!

IMG_0271-M.jpg

They run about every 20 to 30 minutes. Here comes our streetcar now……

IMG_0273-M.jpg

The inside of our streetcar…….

IMG_0274-M.jpg

Our reflection as we pass a storefront…..

IMG_0282-M.jpg

To be continued……

Here are Patti and I on our streetcar…..

IMG_0280-M.jpg

IMG_0279-M.jpg

We are passing the Amalie Arena, the home of the Tampa Bay Lightning…..

IMG_0276-M.jpg

IMG_0286-M.jpg

We are traveling by the Florida Aquarium…..

IMG_0290-M.jpg

We have stopped to let this oncoming streetcar pass us…..

IMG_0299-M.jpg

To be continued……

Jeff,

Your review is the best thing to read, especially on a snow day! I was on this same cruise and I am so disappointed that I did not get to even say hello to you! We had an excellent cruise and we are looking forward to doing more on Carnival.

HAL’s Oosterdam is docked at Terminal 3. That is where we will be sailing from on Sunday…..

IMG_0295-M.jpg

IMG_0296-M.jpg

Passing the car barn where the streetcars live…..

IMG_0300-M.jpg

We have made it to Ybor City……

IMG_0302-M.jpg

IMG_0303-M.jpg

IMG_0305-M.jpg

To be continued…..

We had lunch at the Tampa Bay Brewing Company in Ybor City……

IMG_0306-M.jpg

IMG_0308-M.jpg

After lunch we boarded the next streetcar and rode it all the way back down to the Tampa Convention Center. At the Marina there, we would be able to board a water taxi……

IMG_0311-M.jpg

The cost for the water taxi was $18/pp for an all day pass. Again, you could hop off and hop on at any of about 15 stops. The water taxis ran every hour and a half, which was the time it took to complete the loop. Here are a couple of idle water taxis……

IMG_0310-M.jpg

IMG_0314-M.jpg

Patti really wanted to ride on Pirate Pat, but this was our water taxi…..

IMG_0312-M.jpg

To be continued…….

Jeff,

Your review is the best thing to read, especially on a snow day! I was on this same cruise and I am so disappointed that I did not get to even say hello to you! We had an excellent cruise and we are looking forward to doing more on Carnival.

We missed not seeing you also. There were quite a few fellow roll call members that we wanted to meet but didn't. I'm sure we will meet sometime in the future. Once I get to the cruise portion of the review, feel free to add your comments and observations. And of course, if you see yourself in any of the pictures, let us know!! :D

Following

Glad to have you aboard!

Hey Jeff. Great start to the review. I always enjoy all of your pictures and stories that go along with it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Brianna!!! Always great to have you along for the ride. Hope all is well, :)

Awesome - another great review! (y) I sailed the Pride when she came down to Tampa the beginning of January. Our stops were Grand Turk, Amber Cove, Colombia, partial transit, Costa Rica, Mahogany Bay and Cozumel.

Looking forward to traveling the reverse. :cool:

Jeff, I am so happy to see you've started your review!!! I just caught up with what you have so far and am really looking forward to following along with the rest since there aren't too many reviews on several of your ports. As always, I love the way you write a review and Patti's pictures, it almost feels like I'm along with you. And I really do enjoy the pre and post cruise sections as well, it's not just about the destination and I always love the journey as well. Thank you for taking the time, I've been looking forward to this one.