Snowmeggedon and Why Aren't We All On A DAM Ship Right Now

1ANGELCAT

My husband and I just finished clearing our driveway and sidewalks of 5" of VERY heavy wet, icy snow. I told him the only ice I want to see after we get to Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday is the ice cubes in my drink...

My husband and I just finished clearing our driveway and sidewalks of 5" of VERY heavy wet, icy snow. I told him the only ice I want to see after we get to Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday is the ice cubes in my drink...

I don't blame you a bit. We only have a foot so far, but I strarted shovelling for our dogs' path. OMG it is really heavy for sure.

Ice cubes in a drink sounds good to me :)

We have over a foot here in Vermont and it is blowing hard! The plow guy came around 3:00 and by the time my sister pulled in from work, she got stuck - you couldn't even see where he had plowed! it is light and fluffy, but definitely what we used to call Blizzard conditions here in the Northeast! Stay safe all and hope the runway gets cleared for our Friday flight! weather is calling for warmer temps and sun!

Cable News is reporting that Northern Florida will go down to 28 degrees tonight.

I doubt that it will snow.

I have lived in Florida for 46 years, and seen snow stick once. It snowed in March, about half an inch, and we were insane. Calling each other before the sun was up, running out, kids putting it in jars to "save" it, etc.

Sun melted it.

My daughter went on her honeymoon to Nat. Park in Colorado. Sent home photos of hiking up to top of big old hill ( mountain) and holding snow in her hands. That was the first time in her life she had ever seen snow. She has been all over the Caribbean, but had never seen snow.

The temperature drop will knock back the bugs if it stays below freezing for four hours.

It is cold in Jacksonville now. But I am contemplating the extinction of ants in my yard. After having my yard sprayed. sprinkled with ant bait. three times in one year, I am hoping it freezes for over 4 hours. BUT NOT further South. That kills the Citrus crop. And offends our tax paying tourists whom we love very much. And Vegetable gardens and farms are hit. Cost of tomatoes will go sky high.

. It has to STOP in Tallahassee. Jax. Pensacola. Just knock my ants out and then stop. It is amazing how a pest issue can get personal!!! And expensive. Ants love dry sandy soil. So what do we have? Dry Sandy soil.

Not below that.

And they are not Fire Ants. Thank The Lord. They are what people in Florida call "Sugar ants" In Alabama we called them P*** ants. Annoying. But don't bite. Much.

While y'all are freezing your nunnies off, we are experiencing record highs in Arizona. :cool: We will hit 95 today, I need to cruise somewhere cool. :')

Oh My, wish I was in Arizona this morning.. We're freezing here in SW Florida today.. It's 60 degrees right now, but the wind coming off the water makes it feel like 35-40.. Had our annual meeting yesterday in our Tiki Hut on the water.. It was cold then too.. Even our Pup was cold this morning & did not want to stay out in that wind.. We moved to Fla from Long Island :(to get warm..LOL :cool:

Must admit though-I do miss snow sometimes!:D

Edited by serendipity1499

Over 30 inches so far in Vermont!!!!! However, it is predicted to slow down and be higher temp and sunny on Friday for my flight to Fort Lauderdale! Another snow storm predicted for the weekend, so I will be making my exit in a rare window of opportunity! Used the snow day from work to organize and pack!!!! Eurodam here I come!

I work for a major utility in the Northeast, put in some long hours the last few days. On a good note restoration to our customers all done safely. I will appreciate that Dam ship just a tad bit more:D:D:D

I work for a major utility in the Northeast, put in some long hours the last few days. On a good note restoration to our customers all done safely. I will appreciate that Dam ship just a tad bit more:D:D:D

Well deserved!!!!! Maybe we will meet you on the cruise! safe travels! At least the airports are now operating out of the Northeast!

Glad you are going to be able to fly out, done, since I know you live in an area that got hit pretty hard, and you don't live right around the corner from the airport.

Which airport are you flying out of this time?