Gold Members-No Past Guest Party

On the Dream in January, and the coupon for a free drink still said "after 5:00 on the last day.". We used them, and I appreciate the coupon. They don't have to give anything so I appreciate what they do. We stopped going to the parties on our last 2-3 cruises before they omitted good cards.

On the Dream in January, and the coupon for a free drink still said "after 5:00 on the last day.". We used them, and I appreciate the coupon. They don't have to give anything so I appreciate what they do. We stopped going to the parties on our last 2-3 cruises before they omitted good cards.

On some B2B's, Journey and Vista cruises I've been on, there have been over 100 Diamond cruisers and 500 - 800 Platinums. No way to add any more people to an already crowded party.

I could care less about what people think about me or my status on Carnival. I wear my card and essentials around my neck so I don't have to hold it all especially since I don't have pockets 99% of the time. It's makes things easier for me!

Two week long B2B cruises and you're platinum.

Not being critical (I'm not one of those CC folks who HAS to be right!) but if they are at 55 days, need 21 days to platinum, and you say 2 week long B2B cruises, the math doesn't add up to me... so I was wondering- do they give you more credit for days on a B2B?

I've never been able to afford one, but I can dream!! so if that's the case I might have to plan for a few B2Bs to get me to platinum!

Me too. I don't have pockets in most of my outfits and I don't want to have to worry about leaving behind a purse. So either I can put it somewhere that gets hot and sticky (I'll just leave it at that) [emoji15], wear a fanny pack [emoji15][emoji15], or wear a lanyard [emoji4]. It's vacation. People need to quit hating about status. Who cares?

DW is now more discerning as to what she leaves there.

Grandson was 18 months old and wanted her cell. Reached over and grabbed it. Suffice to say she doesnt leave it there anymore:):)

Some like to wear their cards around their necks to show their status. Me? I keep my card tucked in my swimsuit top.

That's not why I wear mine around my neck and I can't imagine why you would think that. I see tons of people wearing theirs around their necks that have all different color cards. They even sell the cute lanyards in the gift shop and it makes it easier to access your card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not being critical (I'm not one of those CC folks who HAS to be right!) but if they are at 55 days, need 21 days to platinum, and you say 2 week long B2B cruises, the math doesn't add up to me... so I was wondering- do they give you more credit for days on a B2B?

I've never been able to afford one, but I can dream!! so if that's the case I might have to plan for a few B2Bs to get me to platinum!

I think perhaps they mean 2 week-long B2B cruises-- as in two 7 day cruises in a row equals one B2B. So 2 B2Bs would be 28 days?

I remember reading somewhere that store employees could refuse cash that was pulled from the booby wallet. I'm picturing someone digging around next to her breast trying to find her sign and sail card to pay for a drink. Nice show! ;p

I've used a lanyard before, but I currently have a nice cross body bag I take on cruises. It holds my card, my camera and my kindle perfectly.

As for gold status perks, Carnival sure did mix those up, didn't they? I'm starting to think another loyalty level adjustment is in the works, too. We'll see what "brilliant" changes they make this time. :rolleyes:

SaveSave

Ha ha, I think it would be pretty nasty to take someone's card that they pulled out of their boob purse! Pretty gross.

I read somewhere on this site that if a ship has to many platinum members on board that they will only let diamond members go to the past guest party. I hope this does not happen on our next cruise because we just reached platinum.

No, they just hold two parties and split the invites

No extra credit for a B2B

I wear a lanyard because it is easier to use and do not care if others care about other things. We wear and do what we enjoy on a cruise, because we take them for enjoyment!

I do not understand why some people get upset over 5 colors that Carnival uses on the cards. Some may get new cruises (Blue) help from others but I have never thought badly of any one who has up to a Diamond card. If any thing I wish that I had been on that many cruises, because I enjoy cruising on Carnival.

I wish that every one on a Carnival Cruise could enjoy them as much as we do!

Also Carnival has a "Party" for Platinum and Diamonds and another "Party" for just Diamonds on each cruise of 5 or more days.

I am a Platinum and have enjoyed the "Party's", and I hope to enjoy more "Party's" when I become a Diamond next year!

Life is too precious to not enjoy what has been offered!

So it looks like Ill be shy by a about 21 days:(

The word "about" is important in the context of Carnival's program in that one of the few ways it's better than that of other brands is they give you the status at the start of the cruise ( if you will make an elevated status on that cruise). So as others have posted, if you are 21 days short, and do two week long cruises you will rate a PCard on the third week long cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That isn't the ONLY reason many cruisers wear their cards around their necks. Many wear them so they won't lose them or leave them in the cabin or never forget them in the slots . . . LOL (poor scared rabbit)

The point likely is OUTSIDE the shirt. I can't help thinking what a joke to continue doing this when in port. What better way to say "I'm a tourist", leaving today.

I always have mine, inside my shirt. A good habit to consider.

On some B2B's, Journey and Vista cruises I've been on, there have been over 100 Diamond cruisers and 500 - 800 Platinums. No way to add any more people to an already crowded party.

Those numbers are way off the Vista TA where half the ship was D&P. +- 500 Diamond and -+ 1500 Platinums,

Add the people that thought "they" were "special" and complaining about the ship and service.

I wear a lanyard because it is easier to use and do not care if others care about other things. We wear and do what we enjoy on a cruise, because we take them for enjoyment!

I do not understand why some people get upset over 5 colors that Carnival uses on the cards. Some may get new cruises (Blue) help from others but I have never thought badly of any one who has up to a Diamond card. If any thing I wish that I had been on that many cruises, because I enjoy cruising on Carnival.

I wish that every one on a Carnival Cruise could enjoy them as much as we do!

Also Carnival has a "Party" for Platinum and Diamonds and another "Party" for just Diamonds on each cruise of 5 or more days.

I am a Platinum and have enjoyed the "Party's", and I hope to enjoy more "Party's" when I become a Diamond next year!

Life is too precious to not enjoy what has been offered!

Well said! Congrats on being close to Diamond :hearteyes:. I never complain about what's offered, I just enjoy myself and appreciate getting to be on a cruise. These are truly 1st world problems some folks are complaining about. I LOVE to see blue cards because I'm excited for them being on their first cruise and love to help them or give them tips.

Those numbers are way off the Vista TA where half the ship was D&P. +- 500 Diamond and -+ 1500 Platinums,

Add the people that thought "they" were "special" and complaining about the ship and service.

Another plus for the Fantasy class ships! On our last cruise, the Past Guest party had about 30-40 people total!

the drink coupon can be used at the java cafe for a milkshake too..thats what i use my coupon for...best milkshake at sea :D

Yes! Love their milkshakes! Our favorite is the Neapolitan - it just ends up looking like chocolate, but you can taste all three flavors in it. Some of the best staff will even drizzle the cup first with Ghirardelli chocolate sauce before pouring the shake in. YUM!