Metal detectors

Hubby has a pacemaker and can't be "wanded"....so he simply requests a hand search...that's all you need to do! He can't go thru a "metal detector" either....so just ask for the hand search from the get-go.

Same routine for boarding the ship...and after the 1st port day, they are unlikely to search you again...hubby was always just waved thru!

Just as an FYI, it doesn't matter WHAT kind of card you have from your doctor...TSA is not supposed to ask for (or demand) one. Reason being, a card like that can be forged or made up on a computer, and as such, holds no water with them.

Full disclosure,I work for TSA...

So I just need to let them do the metal detector wand? This is all new to me. I mean if they see my ankle it is obviously not a weapon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Just tell them as you are going to go through security. They will tell you to walk through and then they will wand you. They might ask to pat down your ankle. Just be upfront about it, they are used to it.

Tons of people travel with metal in their bodies. This is nothing new to TSA or security at the ports. They have secondary screening that will clear you if you set a detector off. Just plan on things taking a little extra time than usual.

Hubby has a pacemaker and can't be "wanded"....so he simply requests a hand search...that's all you need to do! He can't go thru a "metal detector" either....so just ask for the hand search from the get-go.

Same routine for boarding the ship...and after the 1st port day, they are unlikely to search you again...hubby was always just waved thru!

DW has a pace maker and she gets hand searched every time we get back on board