Extra tip

We have stopped all tipping - no problems at all! :D

I highly doubt they know who removed the tips if you do it at the last minute there is no incentive to distribute this fact fast....and they are not that organized to begin with....

Many times the gratuities are still shown on the final bill even so they were removed.....so they do not even get that right!:rolleyes:

First of all, how does this relate AT ALL to Royal Caribbean?

Second of all, you must really buy a lot of tin foil if you think that the people at guest services are going to call ahead to someone at another location and have them search out one bag out of literally HUNDREDS of bags that they will handle that day just as some sort of petty revenge.

Mistakes happen. So, too, does paranoid schizophrenia.

Yes it was Airtours a British company that owned the ship and airline and the ship was only 37000 tons and the checkin was within feet of the ship gangway so easily done.

Yes it was not my favourite RCCL but i mentioned as my proof when someone disbelieved a comment i made about things going missing.

love sailing with RCCL

I highly doubt they know who removed the tips if you do it at the last minute there is no incentive to distribute this fact fast....and they are not that organized to begin with....

Well aren't you lovely. You must be sooooo proud of yourself. Hopefully none of your children will have to wait tables working their way through college. Paybacks a bitch. Oh...and YES, they do know. They have a manifest.

Edited by champagne123
sssss

Well aren't you lovely. You must be sooooo proud of yourself. Hopefully none of your children will have to wait tables working their way through college. Paybacks a bitch. Oh...and YES, they do know. They have a manifest.

Do not worry - they don't !:)

Actually I do not care if they know or not ....I still doubt it - the manifest does not get distributed over night every night....and if it does ....who cares!

Don't get me wrong, I'd leave a tip no matter what. On average what do you leave for the room attendant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On top of pre paid tips for 7 nights between 30-40 dollars as we are low maintenance and service is always just ok.In total for a 7 night cruise with DL usually 200 dollars.

We are from England but learned the American tipping mentality after visiting Orlando 30 times since 1992.

love sailing with RCCL

Many times the gratuities are still shown on the final bill even so they were removed.....so they do not even get that right!:rolleyes:

LOL and they call Brits tight.LOL

love sailing with RCCL

Actually I do not care if they know or not ....I still doubt it - the manifest does not get distributed over night every night....and if it does ....who cares!

Seriously...you have said over and over again on two different threads that you tip extra. NOW you are stating this?????? You have contradicted yourself sooooo many times on the two tip threads. Are you sitting in your moms basement making all this stuff up? Oh, and why in the world do you keep signing on and off??????

Edited by champagne123
ssssss

Guess what happens the next time you cruise and your file shows you pulled out at the last minute previously? If you think they don't keep track, you're even more obtuse than first perceived.

Guess what happens the next time you cruise and your file shows you pulled out at the last minute previously? If you think they don't keep track, you're even more obtuse than first perceived.

There used to be a website a couple of years ago that I followed. (has now since been removed) and the employees used to give "revenge" tips. The most common was cleaning the toilet with your toothbrushes.

I wonder if this is as much a story as those about crew messing with passengers' luggage if the passenger didn't tip well enough. While there is no doubt that the cruise line knows, the idea that they would share that detail with crew, on a cruise years later, seems far-fetched on privacy grounds.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

ROFL - take your tin-hat off!

Never had a problem - it is just a urban myth - just think about it - how much extra work to get "revenge" and what good would the revenge do?

Would it change anything?

Would I be afraid?

NO!

Toothbrushes are long gone on the last morning....:rolleyes:

???? You think they wait until disembarkation day???? Oh...and PS: that tells me a lot about you. You don't brush your teeth on the last morning?

Edited by champagne123
ssssss

There used to be a website a couple of years ago that I followed. (has now since been removed) and the employees used to give "revenge" tips. The most common was cleaning the toilet with your toothbrushes.

This was a story told to me years ago and a reason we always give extra so we put our toothbrushes in the safe last night just in case cabin steward thought we hadn't given enough.

love sailing with RCCL

First of all, how does this relate AT ALL to Royal Caribbean?

Second of all, you must really buy a lot of tin foil if you think that the people at guest services are going to call ahead to someone at another location and have them search out one bag out of literally HUNDREDS of bags that they will handle that day just as some sort of petty revenge.

Mistakes happen. So, too, does paranoid schizophrenia.

Please read thread number 36 when a poster mentioned an employee revenge web site as that is where some of the stories i heard from other cruisers probably originated from.

love sailing with RCCL

Actually you are brave to admit this.I bet there are hundreds of like minded people like yourself who say nothing and just do it.

love sailing with RCCL

???? You think they wait until disembarkation day???? Oh...and PS: that tells me a lot about you. You don't brush your teeth on the last morning?

You can remove gratuities until 10pm on the last night!;p

On disembarkation day we get up - brush teeth and throw ways the tooth-brushes.....as we do not want to pack them.

You can remove gratuities until 10pm on the last night!;p

On disembarkation day we get up - brush teeth and throw ways the tooth-brushes.....as we do not want to pack them.

I always pre pay our tips but i bet a lot of people are reading your posts with great interest.

love sailing with RCCL

I always pre pay our tips but i bet a lot of people are reading your posts with great interest.

love sailing with RCCL

I always thought those long queues were people settling their cash accounts.LOL

love sailing with RCCL

Ridiculous and fabricated. Have been here many years and not ONCE has anyone stated anything about mysterious things happening to their luggage upon disembarkation.....and there are TONS AND TONS of people that remove the gratuities. If this is something that happened, we would have heard about it.

Read post 36 and think before you rudely call something Ridiculous and Fabricated.

love sailing with RCCL

133 completed cruises and I have never heard of disappearing items due to not giving extra tips. I tip accordingly; some stewards just do their job and others go overboard. (pun intended). I also have NEVER removed the designated daily charges, though there were occasional times I would have like to do so.

Also, how many think of tipping extra in Windjammer? We do quite often.

Read post 36 and that is where a lot of stories probably came from.

love sailing with RCCL