Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

I asked this on another thread and then realized I should ask here. Sorry for the duplicate question.

Was there a seafood buffet night in the Garden Cafe? My TA went on the agents cruise and she raved about the seafood buffet. I’m wondering if that was just a special event for agents or if they do it on every cruise. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. There is a seafood buffet. It features Alaskan salmon, snow crab, crab legs, peel and eat shrimp cocktail. Photos are on my live post from this week’s non-VIP cruise. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56223838&postcount=114

Just got back from the June 2 Bliss

I loved it

Biggest issues were the crush after shows at the forward Elevators

and the Sleepers in the Observation lounge, hogging 3 person couches and the nice lounges. The lounge occupiers had to be reminded no shoes or barefeet on them.

The Observation was quiet, loved the light breakfast and lunch, and the bar. Tea time was 3-5pm.

Viwing the glacier in Obsevation, it was busy and some rudeness with saving of seats. overall one of my favorite spots, small groups could have alcoves all to themselves, no kids running around

Help Please! I’m looking for a wine that I had in Cellars. Does anyone have pictures of the Cellars wine menu? Thank you.

Not sure if this will help as it is from Cellars on the Escape....https://eatsleepcruise.com/2016/01/norwegian-escape-bars/ …. scroll down and you will find 3 pages of wine list....

Help Please! I’m looking for a wine that I had in Cellars. Does anyone have pictures of the Cellars wine menu? Thank you.

Not sure if this will help as it is from Cellars on the Escape....https://eatsleepcruise.com/2016/01/norwegian-escape-bars/ …. scroll down and you will find 3 pages of wine list....

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi everyone,

I had been following this thread for a few months leading up to taking the Inaugural Alaskan on June 2.

For those interested in what it was like I can only echo the sentiments of most others here in that it is a beautiful and amazing ship! And Alaska was definitely the place to go!

My two "difficulties" (in the sense of difficulties in paradise, really) were:

1) walking around both the Garden Cafe and Observation Lounge (taking the stairs to get between them) a couple of times on Tuesday while departing Juneau to find seating for lunch (because everyone was doing the same thing, of course, waiting to board the ship as it was departing for complimentary lunch rather than getting lunch on shore).

2) The Observation Lounge, as others have alluded to, is very prone to seat-saving (which is discouraged in each Freestyle Daily) and a couple taking up prime-location sofas/couches that can really seat 5-6 people. A couple of times I managed to get a front-facing view, but I find that the best view (and easier to obtain) when coming into the ports was from deck 16 in the Garden Cafe forward facing.

I do have a question, however, for anyone who may know. I'm trying to get the title / artist / etc. for the song that they performed in the theater on the first night of the cruise, introducing the ship and the vacation. It has a line often repeated, "I'll go where you go." I've searched this line in many ways on the Internet but can't come up with what it was. I'm guessing they are using the song each Saturday night throughout the season, but they definitely used it on June 2. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

I had been following this thread for a few months leading up to taking the Inaugural Alaskan on June 2.

For those interested in what it was like I can only echo the sentiments of most others here in that it is a beautiful and amazing ship! And Alaska was definitely the place to go!

My two "difficulties" (in the sense of difficulties in paradise, really) were:

1) walking around both the Garden Cafe and Observation Lounge (taking the stairs to get between them) a couple of times on Tuesday while departing Juneau to find seating for lunch (because everyone was doing the same thing, of course, waiting to board the ship as it was departing for complimentary lunch rather than getting lunch on shore).

2) The Observation Lounge, as others have alluded to, is very prone to seat-saving (which is discouraged in each Freestyle Daily) and a couple taking up prime-location sofas/couches that can really seat 5-6 people. A couple of times I managed to get a front-facing view, but I find that the best view (and easier to obtain) when coming into the ports was from deck 16 in the Garden Cafe forward facing.

I do have a question, however, for anyone who may know. I'm trying to get the title / artist / etc. for the song that they performed in the theater on the first night of the cruise, introducing the ship and the vacation. It has a line often repeated, "I'll go where you go." I've searched this line in many ways on the Internet but can't come up with what it was. I'm guessing they are using the song each Saturday night throughout the season, but they definitely used it on June 2. Thanks in advance!

I was not on board to hear the song, but there is a great song that was very popular and still played frequently by a band called "The Calling" and the song is titled "Wherever you will go".... maybe that could be it...? :-)

Hi everyone,

Maybe it's "I'll go where you'll go" by Céline Dion

Can someone remind me how the UDP works and gratutities? We have the drink package too and I know some charges were added to our bill. I see the 20 percent gratuity charge on the menus. Do they add this to your bill/room account? I don’t remember paying anything at the table when I went on the Pearl.

Can someone remind me how the UDP works and gratutities? We have the drink package too and I know some charges were added to our bill. I see the 20 percent gratuity charge on the menus. Do they add this to your bill/room account? I don’t remember paying anything at the table when I went on the Pearl.

You will be charged the 20% service charge/gratuities on the UDP at final payment. You will only be charged additional taxes on drinks you order in ports that require taxes. They are usually very small charges and I don't know if you would even incur any on the TA since we start out in England and our only port of call is Azores. The only time I've seen taxes on drinks in ports has been in US ports. There are some drinks on board that aren't covered under the UDP. The dollar per drink limit is $15. So any drink over $15, you pay the difference. There are some "tasting" events on board that cost extra. Flights of drinks cost extra. And there are some live shows that involve the serving of alcohol that are an extra charge.