On the Vista now March 19-25, 2017

Oh good! Did you get the 3 pack?

Thanks for the review and for the bathroom storage tip! I just ordered the 3 pack hanging holder myself. Great little lightweight, useful and inexpensive purchase. I figure the extra two will be good for my daughter to use in her college dorm bathroom. When I purchased tonight, there were only 4 left! You just may have been a great sales pitch! :)

Yes in the past we generally go to the sit down breakfast. Kicker is that you have to be there by 9am. The brunch goes to 1pm

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yea, that's the great thing about the brunch since sometimes MDR breakfast is over by 900 or 930 some days. Love the baked apple, chicken sausage and pineapple juice that you can't get at the buffet.

And besides, if you go to bed so early that you can't stay up till 1000 for adult comedy, getting up by 900 for MDR breakfast should be easy peasy. ;)

Thanks for confirming how great the Havana area is...Looking forward to it on the Horizon in 2018 and 2019.

As a side note...You know there are designated smoking areas on the ships...Why did you think you could smoke in the Havana area?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I had no illusions as to whether one could smoke in the Havana or not. Actually, I originally had a PT cabin booked and when my friend booked on board the Valor, he got talked into trying the Havana Club. He then asked me to change my cabin to join him which I did. The smoking aspect never even came into play until we actually boarded the ship and saw what it took to get from there to a smoking area. Not that it's a really long trek but I would feel bad for the cleaning crew to make that trek every 90 minutes or so in a wet bathing suit so I didn't. We just wanted to try it for the glamour and if you're a non-smoker, IMO, the glamour is really nice. I do have to say we were also a smidge upset that they also removed the snacks (empanadas and such) that they have/had on the Sunshine in the Havana area and assumed they also had on the Vista (according to the bartender they did until about 4 months ago). Not anything big but something we were looking forward to.

There is a second MDR that does indeed serve breakfast every day, unless Carnival has changed their policy in the two years since we last cruised with them.

Yes, the policy has changed. Brunch on the Vista only on Sea Days in the Horizon Dining Room and Dr Suess Breakfast only on sea days in the Reflections Dining Room. On port days you can get breakfast at the buffet, The Taste, and the Blue Iguana.

Edit to add: Maybe I am wrong as FBW pointed out but I haven't seen the MDR open in the mornings except on disembarkation day. i did not keep my Funtimes to verify though as I always used the Hub app and once you leave ship you can't access that info any more.

Horizons. My Fun Times start at post #210

I stand corrected then. My apologies to SNJCruisers for the bad info. I have no idea how I could have missed that as the wife and I talked about hoping to go to a sit down breakfast one morning (we actually did the Dr Suess breakfast which was fun but costs $5 per person to go).

Maybe the wife is right about me needing new glasses too??? :eek: :') :halo:

I stand corrected then. My apologies to SNJCruisers for the bad info. I have no idea how I could have missed that as the wife and I talked about hoping to go to a sit down breakfast one morning (we actually did the Dr Suess breakfast which was fun but costs $5 per person to go).

Maybe the wife is right about me needing new glasses too??? :eek: :') :halo:

Well you did better than me. In all the excitement of trying to heard everyone together on embarkation day, I totally forgot to register for Dr Suess breakfast. It's something we had planned to do. Maybe I need a new brain :confused:.

Well you did better than me. In all the excitement of trying to heard everyone together on embarkation day, I totally forgot to register for Dr Suess breakfast. It's something we had planned to do. Maybe I need a new brain :confused:.

Something you have to book very early in the cruise. We waited till day 2 to book and could only get a table for the last seating on the last day. Food was very good and I would recommend the filet for those who do go.

Something you have to book very early in the cruise. We waited till day 2 to book and could only get a table for the last seating on the last day. Food was very good and I would recommend the filet for those who do go.

We did manage to make it to Sea Day Brunch on the last day so that was good. Really threw me off being on a new ship with a large group of people. There were a lot of things I forgot this go around.

I'm so glad some of you are finding my tips useful. The clothespin hanger made it much easier. I hope you all have great cruises!

Oh and if they do sell out, just do a search and find some that look the same. There are multiple brands, but they are all really identical. You find that a lot with foreign made things on there.

Well now that they have made the aft pools on Conquest Class ships "Family Friendly", that will be another thing to consider when choosing your next ship.

While all the pools on Lido on Vista are open to everyone, at least if you have a Havana cabin, you are able to be away from most kids during the day as they must be 12 and over to book there.

I'm afraid Carnival just put a damper on my enthusiasm for the Conquest Class ships. Now I'm up in the air. I don't begrudge kids, or hate them, or wish they would ban them altogether from their ships (I have some myself), I do enjoy a pool that I can lay around and get in without the rambunctiousness and splashing around. Can adults be rowdy? Sure. No one is perfect. I'm speaking in general terms.

I don't know what made them change this, but I can tell you I am not happy.

Well now that they have made the aft pools on Conquest Class ships "Family Friendly", that will be another thing to consider when choosing your next ship.

While all the pools on Lido on Vista are open to everyone, at least if you have a Havana cabin, you are able to be away from most kids during the day as they must be 12 and over to book there.

I'm afraid Carnival just put a damper on my enthusiasm for the Conquest Class ships. Now I'm up in the air. I don't begrudge kids, or hate them, or wish they would ban them altogether from their ships (I have some myself), I do enjoy a pool that I can lay around and get in without the rambunctiousness and splashing around. Can adults be rowdy? Sure. No one is perfect. I'm speaking in general terms.

I don't know what made them change this, but I can tell you I am not happy.

With the change on the Conquest class, makes you wonder how long before the drop the "12 and older" rule for staying in the Havana??

With the change on the Conquest class, makes you wonder how long before the drop the "12 and older" rule for staying in the Havana??

Hush! If they do that I promise you I would never pay that premium and wouldn't ever step foot on a Vista Class ship ever again.

There would be steam coming out of every orifice in my body and a plethora of f bombs emitted since I have obtained 6000 worth of gift cards for our upcoming Havana cabins on the Horizon.

Hush! If they do that I promise you I would never pay that premium and wouldn't ever step foot on a Vista Class ship ever again.

Zipping mouth! <but you know that is always a possibility.....or creating more Havana areas to make people PAY for the privileged of having some peace and quiet>