On the Vista now March 19-25, 2017

For those wondering about the scooter accident, this is what someone posted to our FB page:

Carnival cruise.

I am not a person that complains or ask for sympathy. My only agenda in this comment is awareness. My family and I were on the vista ship last week and our last stop was cozumel mexico.

We rented scooters and my wife Brandy Neuendorf was ran off the road by a taxi driver. She was traveling 40-45 mph with our 15 year old daughter Macayla Neuendorf and they wrapped themselves around a tree. My daughter is going to be ok but my wife has multiple broken bones and brain trauma.

When we were at the hospital they would not do anything for my wife or daughter until i started paying them. The police showed up with the scooter company at the hospital to arrest my wife if I would not pay for the scooter. I PAID FOR THE INSURANCE. When they realized her condition they were going to arrest me if I didn't pay for the scooter.

My message to anyone reading this.... DO NOT RENT SCOOTERS AND DO NOT BOOK A CRUISE THAT TAKES YOU TO COZUMEL MEXICO!

there is much more to our story but I will not take up anymore of the readers time.

For all of you asking if there is anything you can do to help me and my family please just share this on facebook or any other social media.

For those wondering about the scooter accident, this is what someone posted to our FB page:

Carnival cruise.

I am not a person that complains or ask for sympathy. My only agenda in this comment is awareness. My family and I were on the vista ship last week and our last stop was cozumel mexico.

We rented scooters and my wife Brandy Neuendorf was ran off the road by a taxi driver. She was traveling 40-45 mph with our 15 year old daughter Macayla Neuendorf and they wrapped themselves around a tree. My daughter is going to be ok but my wife has multiple broken bones and brain trauma.

When we were at the hospital they would not do anything for my wife or daughter until i started paying them. The police showed up with the scooter company at the hospital to arrest my wife if I would not pay for the scooter. I PAID FOR THE INSURANCE. When they realized her condition they were going to arrest me if I didn't pay for the scooter.

My message to anyone reading this.... DO NOT RENT SCOOTERS AND DO NOT BOOK A CRUISE THAT TAKES YOU TO COZUMEL MEXICO!

there is much more to our story but I will not take up anymore of the readers time.

For all of you asking if there is anything you can do to help me and my family please just share this on facebook or any other social media.

Any powered vehicle rented in an atmosphere where alcohol is consumed is something that can be fraught with potential peril. If cruisers

knew how many issues there were specifically with scooters they would think twice. That said, I hope all works out for them. Not sure why people should stop sailing to Cozumel.

Sent from my iPhone

Any powered vehicle rented in an atmosphere where alcohol is consumed is something that can be fraught with potential peril. If cruisers

knew how many issues there were specifically with scooters they would think twice. That said, I hope all works out for them. Not sure why people should stop sailing to Cozumel.

Sent from my iPhone

I definitely won't stop sailing to Cozumel, but never understood why people think renting scooters are a good idea. If you don't drive them at home, why would you in a foreign country? So not only are you inexperienced on the vehicle itself, but now also at the mercy of the other place's driving habits/laws. Makes zero sense to me. We saw a guy crash right in front of us in the Bahamas one time. It's just asking for trouble, IMHO.

I'd never rent a scooter or motorcycle in another country. I've been on enough cruises and been a passenger in enough buses/cars to realize the way folks drive in other countries isn't the way I drive so I should probably just stay out of that realm if I can help it.

I definitely won't stop sailing to Cozumel, but never understood why people think renting scooters are a good idea. If you don't drive them at home, why would you in a foreign country? So not only are you inexperienced on the vehicle itself, but now also at the mercy of the other place's driving habits/laws. Makes zero sense to me. We saw a guy crash right in front of us in the Bahamas one time. It's just asking for trouble, IMHO.

We were in St Maarten last year and at the beach (the one you can walk to from the ship pier) and had wandered over to the shops across from the beach, got a drink and we're heading back to the beach when a girl who def had been drinking was riding a Segway going way to fast almost hit my wife and crashed into a wall. She was fairly messed up....may have needed dental work, but we did not stay around once she was able to get around on her own power. The Segway was another story.... Point is stupid is as stupid does (to mangle a quote from a good movie.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival cruise.

We seem to always do thing we would not do at home when we are on vacation. In some cases it results in injury or a loss. I am sorry for this family and pray for them.

Lot's of us seem to think that could not happen to me on vacation and take risks that we would not take at home. I would love to see the numbers on how many cell phones are borrowed or stolen on cruise ships. We all know we leave our stuff on a lounge chair and loose track of time .. No matter where you are home or away people will take advantage of a opportunity when they can. I had a thread on this in HMC while we watched a Villa get Looted.

Just remember its vacation have fun be safe and keep a eye out.

Take my advice: do NOT get the Hub Chat. Do NOT! It is an utter waste of $5 that could be spent instead getting the social internet plan, which you can use Facebook Messenger through. We had 5 people on that app, and the only time the chat ever worked is if we were all staring at each other in the same room, with the app open already. Messages would fail to send, or say then sent and fail to show up. It would be one thing if previously sent messages would fill in when you opened the app again, but it didn't even do that. Messages were lost to the ether forever. We ended up using Facebook Messenger to talk to one another when on opposite ends of the ship, which is vastly superior simply by it working (most of the time. My Messenger app was acting up and deleting messages constantly, but that's not Carnival's fault).

Don't waste your money on the Hub Chat. My mother got us all refunds for the POS near the end of the cruise.

I just came off of the Vista (went on as FBW was coming off) and had the Hub Chat. Worked flawlessly for me, my wife, and our friend. I was the only one that had the Social Media plan as well so there was no other method available other than using the Hub Chat.

Edited by Computer Nerd

That would have been me! Ben Gentry was the piano player and he was really good. In my opinion though the piano bar is too small for how popular it is.

I agree, the Piano Bar is too small and it was overflowing with people ever night (we played cards often in the Library right across the hall). On the other hand, personally, I didn't think Ben was all that good (but to be fair, I haven't heard what I consider a good piano player since James Quigley on the Glory back in 2013).

Just to tag onto FBW's thread, if you are a smoker, don't waste the money on a Havana cabin. If you come out of the pool or hot tub and want a smoke, you have to go up the elevator 6 decks to the deck 11 smoking area or walk all the way down the right side of the ship to the deck 5 forward smoking area. Since both my wife and I smoke and also the husband of our travel buddies (he likes cigars), we found on an 8 night cruise that we spent a grand total of exactly 1 hour in the Havana area. They have also gotten rid of the little empanadas they used to serve back there (assume they are gone on the Sunshine as well) so you don't even have that little tidbit going for you. If you're not a smoker, the Havana Club would probably be great as it was never busy out there and the views from back there are spectacular, but if you're a smoker, your money can be more wisely spent.

Just to tag onto FBW's thread, if you are a smoker, don't waste the money on a Havana cabin. If you come out of the pool or hot tub and want a smoke, you have to go up the elevator 6 decks to the deck 11 smoking area or walk all the way down the right side of the ship to the deck 5 forward smoking area. Since both my wife and I smoke and also the husband of our travel buddies (he likes cigars), we found on an 8 night cruise that we spent a grand total of exactly 1 hour in the Havana area. They have also gotten rid of the little empanadas they used to serve back there (assume they are gone on the Sunshine as well) so you don't even have that little tidbit going for you. If you're not a smoker, the Havana Club would probably be great as it was never busy out there and the views from back there are spectacular, but if you're a smoker, your money can be more wisely spent.

Good point on the smoking. Since I don't smoke and wasn't traveling with any that do this cruise, I never thought about that. Which cabin did you have? What else did you think of the ship?

Good point on the smoking. Since I don't smoke and wasn't traveling with any that do this cruise, I never thought about that. Which cabin did you have? What else did you think of the ship?

We were in 5225 (Havana inside) and our friends were in 5223 (Havana Patio). Enjoyed the ship tremendously but found that many of the facilities are the same size as on the Conquest class but they have to support an extra thousand cruisers.......so longer lines in general. Liked having breakfast over at the Taste bar as that was never crowded and only a short walk from our cabin. Loved the 3 violinists in the atrium. Really enjoyed the covered smoking section on Deck 11 Starboard so we could sit outside without the sun beating down on us. Wifey seemed to have no problem getting into comedy shows. Really enjoyed the food in the MDR, excellent service. Also excellent service from our steward Adi and his assistant Alina. would love to have the MDR menus on the Hub app so you wouldn't have to go down to deck 3 to see what is on the menu. Would also like to see an electronic board like RCCL has on the Oasis where you can see what the MDR menu is every night, any night, from day 1. Guys and blue Iguana were great as was the pizza. Wish I had made it to Fresh Creations on deck 14 but Guys would call to me ever time I walked by. LOL. Really had an enjoyable time and thank you for keeping the ship in good shape for me.

Oh, and as I said before, if one is not a smoker, the Havana Club is fantastic and I would recommend it. If a smoker, then I would not. i wish they would just put one table out there for smokers in the corner but that will probably never happen.

Sounds like most of the lines can be avoided by eating breakfast in the dining room or going at non peak times.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Breakfast (actually it's Brunch) is served in the MDR only on sea days.

With 4,000 people on ship, non-peak times are from 0600-0615. ;)

We were in 5225 (Havana inside) and our friends were in 5223 (Havana Patio). Enjoyed the ship tremendously but found that many of the facilities are the same size as on the Conquest class but they have to support an extra thousand cruisers.......so longer lines in general. Liked having breakfast over at the Taste bar as that was never crowded and only a short walk from our cabin. Loved the 3 violinists in the atrium. Really enjoyed the covered smoking section on Deck 11 Starboard so we could sit outside without the sun beating down on us. Wifey seemed to have no problem getting into comedy shows. Really enjoyed the food in the MDR, excellent service. Also excellent service from our steward Adi and his assistant Alina. would love to have the MDR menus on the Hub app so you wouldn't have to go down to deck 3 to see what is on the menu. Would also like to see an electronic board like RCCL has on the Oasis where you can see what the MDR menu is every night, any night, from day 1. Guys and blue Iguana were great as was the pizza. Wish I had made it to Fresh Creations on deck 14 but Guys would call to me ever time I walked by. LOL. Really had an enjoyable time and thank you for keeping the ship in good shape for me.

Oh, and as I said before, if one is not a smoker, the Havana Club is fantastic and I would recommend it. If a smoker, then I would not. i wish they would just put one table out there for smokers in the corner but that will probably never happen.

Did you hear any music in your cabin when the band was playing in the Havana Bar? We could hear it even up on 7 out on the balcony and slightly in the cabin with the TV off. Thankfully it stopped about midnight. My friend had the sideways Havana Interior 5205 and it was totally quiet in there. I really like the odd shaped cabins.

I agree about the Taste Bar. Nice little place to grab a quick bite. Only made it up to Serenity the one time when I took pics and Fresh Creations was closed so I missed out on that as well. There was so much I wanted to do, so little time. I wouldn't be opposed to going on Vista again, although it wouldn't be my first choice. We loved Havana (but then again we didn't have the smoking issue). I really appreciate you bringing that up because I do have family members that smoke and if they decide to go, I would be sure to let them know ahead of time. Although they are used to having to go elsewhere even on Glory, it appears this might be a little more of a walk for them.

You're welcome as far as taking good care of her for you. I didn't even get to half the areas because I liked to spend a decent amount of time in Havana. Figured since I paid all the money, I should get my $$ worth. Plus with all the people, I needed peace and quiet.

Did you hear any music in your cabin when the band was playing in the Havana Bar? We could hear it even up on 7 out on the balcony and slightly in the cabin with the TV off. Thankfully it stopped about midnight. My friend had the sideways Havana Interior 5205 and it was totally quiet in there. I really like the odd shaped cabins.

I agree about the Taste Bar. Nice little place to grab a quick bite. Only made it up to Serenity the one time when I took pics and Fresh Creations was closed so I missed out on that as well. There was so much I wanted to do, so little time. I wouldn't be opposed to going on Vista again, although it wouldn't be my first choice. We loved Havana (but then again we didn't have the smoking issue). I really appreciate you bringing that up because I do have family members that smoke and if they decide to go, I would be sure to let them know ahead of time. Although they are used to having to go elsewhere even on Glory, it appears this might be a little more of a walk for them.

You're welcome as far as taking good care of her for you. I didn't even get to half the areas because I liked to spend a decent amount of time in Havana. Figured since I paid all the money, I should get my $$ worth. Plus with all the people, I needed peace and quiet.

Yes, we heard the music being closer to the band but it wasn't loud and it sounded nice when going to sleep (kind of like leaving the radio on to help put you to sleep).

The problem for smokers (IMO) in the Havana is not so much the distance (we normally stay in PT cabins so are used to travelling to smoking areas) but the fact we paid $100 extra per person to stay in the Havana (actually had a PT cabin booked but our friends talked us into switching cabins into the Havana) and then found we never went to the Havana because it was easier to do what we wanted somewhere closer to a smoking area. Not sure if that sounds right but we just didn't think it was worth the extra money when we ended up not using the facilities that the extra dollars went for. My friend who booked the Havana originally said the same thing as he is a cigar smoker which usually takes a good hour. He would smoke a cigar or two while we played Spades, usually up on deck 11 midship, then we would grab something to eat, hit some trivia games, go back to deck 11 mid for more cards and another cigar and then it was time for dinner. We just never had the time to go to the Havana pool.

And of course, with the nice smoking area on deck 11 midship, you had Guys and the Blue Iguana right below you for lunch and of course, it's a good location for people watching as well. :)

Yes, we heard the music being closer to the band but it wasn't loud and it sounded nice when going to sleep (kind of like leaving the radio on to help put you to sleep).

The problem for smokers (IMO) in the Havana is not so much the distance (we normally stay in PT cabins so are used to travelling to smoking areas) but the fact we paid $100 extra per person to stay in the Havana (actually had a PT cabin booked but our friends talked us into switching cabins into the Havana) and then found we never went to the Havana because it was easier to do what we wanted somewhere closer to a smoking area. Not sure if that sounds right but we just didn't think it was worth the extra money when we ended up not using the facilities that the extra dollars went for. My friend who booked the Havana originally said the same thing as he is a cigar smoker which usually takes a good hour. He would smoke a cigar or two while we played Spades, usually up on deck 11 midship, then we would grab something to eat, hit some trivia games, go back to deck 11 mid for more cards and another cigar and then it was time for dinner. We just never had the time to go to the Havana pool.

And of course, with the nice smoking area on deck 11 midship, you had Guys and the Blue Iguana right below you for lunch and of course, it's a good location for people watching as well. :)

I can totally understand what you're saying. If you are in a Havana cabin and you want to get your money's worth and enjoy the tranquility, then there's a good chance you won't have time for the rest of the ship (like me). If you like to do other things, then there's not much time for Havana (like you). It's almost like having a separate ship. 2 totally different experiences.

If you're not a smoker, the Havana Club would probably be great as it was never busy out there and the views from back there are spectacular, but if you're a smoker, your money can be more wisely spent.
Thanks for confirming how great the Havana area is...Looking forward to it on the Horizon in 2018 and 2019.

As a side note...You know there are designated smoking areas on the ships...Why did you think you could smoke in the Havana area?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Sounds like most of the lines can be avoided by eating breakfast in the dining room or going at non peak times.

The only line that can't be avoided is for the adult comedy shows. When we were on the Breeze and the Freedom over the past few years, they cleared out the room in between so that more people had an opportunity to see the shows. They used to just let people hang out in between the two adult shows and sometimes there were people that had been waiting in line that could not get in for the second show and many complained about it.

Breakfast (actually it's Brunch) is served in the MDR only on sea days.

With 4,000 people on ship, non-peak times are from 0600-0615. ;)

There is a second MDR that does indeed serve breakfast every day, unless Carnival has changed their policy in the two years since we last cruised with them.

We have two younger kids so we don't stay out that late.

I'm probably in bed before the adult show starts. Strange part, I'm a sleep earlier on a cruise than when I'm at home.

There is a second MDR that does indeed serve breakfast every day, unless Carnival has changed their policy in the two years since we last cruised with them.

Never went, but I just looked through my Fun Times and yes, breakfast was served in the MDR on port days.