On the Vista now March 19-25, 2017

I think what Carnival is going to do now that word is getting out about how wonderful the Havana area is , the price is going to jump in order to have space away from kids, so book now while its affordable ...

Comparatively speaking, price is already pretty high for access to the Havana area. $100 per person more than the PT cabin I had booked to go to a Havana Inside and lost my natural light to boot.

Also I just thought, how would I know I'm in the bigger MDR, "horizons" I believe it's called? Is there any way I can have it changed?

Horizons is for YTD, Reflections is for Traditional. You can't request your dining room. It will be on your S&S card. We were in Reflections and I actually liked it. Bigger isn't always better :D.

FBW, I'm just curious after reading a thread on JH's page today about the color of Havana wristbands. Since you were on just before me and Jimbo was on 2 cruises after me, what was the color of the wrist band y'all were issued?

Light tan for me, although I saw dark brown

Sent from my iPhone

Been on both of the fleets new biggest ships (Harmony & Vista) and to us bigger was better :D
To me bigger was better when I sailed on the Norwegian Escape twice and it'll be for the third time in September. It's currently the 7th largest afloat at 165,000 tons, with 6 from RCI being bigger. Having the included drinks package made up for it's lack of size compared to the bigger 6. Will be on the Horizon in Havana in both 2018 and 2019.

Light tan for me, although I saw dark brown

Sent from my iPhone

Dark brown.

I had the light tan (I would call it cream colored) bands myself. So there are at least 2 colors.But if FBW saw the cream colored ones and she was issued dark brown then obviously Carnival isn't stopping anyone based solely on the color of their band (I never saw a Carnival employee even look at me as I walked in, much less check my band).

• 2 months later...

TY for the great review . I finally read it ALL. I am now very hyped about finally seeing the Vista/ We just did the Cuba cruise and it was amazing so we figured no better way than to do my 50th Carnival cruise than the Vista.

We plan on doing a lot of ship time when others are in port. We did Havana area also Can't wait.

We saw the Cuba show on the paradise last week .. Amazing singers.

Thank you again for posting all

TY for the great review . I finally read it ALL. I am now very hyped about finally seeing the Vista/ We just did the Cuba cruise and it was amazing so we figured no better way than to do my 50th Carnival cruise than the Vista.

We plan on doing a lot of ship time when others are in port. We did Havana area also Can't wait.

We saw the Cuba show on the paradise last week .. Amazing singers.

Thank you again for posting all

You're welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed my experiences! Maybe some day I'll get to Cuba but the prices will have to come down. Havana area cabin is the ONLY way to go on Vista. It's a destination in itself.

Counting down the days until my Glory cruise. I'll be super sad when that's over though, because I don't have anything planned until my Edge 2019 cruise :loudcry:. Some major changes going on within the next year and I have no idea what I'll be doing when.

You're welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed my experiences! Maybe some day I'll get to Cuba but the prices will have to come down. Havana area cabin is the ONLY way to go on Vista. It's a destination in itself.

Counting down the days until my Glory cruise. I'll be super sad when that's over though, because I don't have anything planned until my Edge 2019 cruise :loudcry:. Some major changes going on within the next year and I have no idea what I'll be doing when.

Well that sounds ominous....., you could always sail to Cuba in a rubber tube....., wait that is only for sailing from Cuba.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well that sounds ominous....., you could always sail to Cuba in a rubber tube....., wait that is only for sailing from Cuba.

They're trying to get out not in . :)

Edited by BoDidly

Hahahaha yeah, right?

Nothing too terrible going on (at least that I know of), just trying to get some things straightened out. I think it will be fine.

It kills me not to have anything to look forward to after October that isn't so stinking far out. I used to try and go for Mother's Day but I'm not sure that will happen. We shall see.

Hahahaha yeah, right?

Nothing too terrible going on (at least that I know of), just trying to get some things straightened out. I think it will be fine.

It kills me not to have anything to look forward to after October that isn't so stinking far out. I used to try and go for Mother's Day but I'm not sure that will happen. We shall see.

We are on the Pride right now and then Azamara Quest next month then ...... nothing till July 3rd on the Horizon out of New York. You should come!