On the Vista now March 19-25, 2017

I will be on the May 14th also!! Our first cruise, I am so excited and nervous at the same time! <3

My wife and I will be on this cruise as well with our children. This is their first cruise, but our 5th. You're gonna love it! :cool:

One thing I just remembered is that the decks aren't wood, they are painted metal so they get hot hot hot! Be sure to bring your flip flops out to your balcony if you have one. My little tootsies learned that lesson the hard way [emoji91]!

Great movie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your review/updates. My wife and I booked the Vista today for the May 14th sailing. It will be our boys's first cruise, they're twin 7 year olds, so we'll see how that goes! Can't wait and it pushes us to the gold level. :)

We are on the same cruise!

What else can I tell you about the cruise? Muster was in the Horizons dining room and they do scan 1 card per room then make sure all parties are there. It was quick and pretty painless. Much better than standing outside in the heat! They paged people that were missing and said they would be having a "special" drill for them later on. Good!

Lifejackets are no longer in the closet, but in a basket under the bed. There was still plenty of room for your suitcases.

I really like the way they do photos. Every time you have a picture taken, they ask your cabin number and it shows up later on your phone,TV andHub App. You can also go to Pixels, enter your info, and all your photos come up on the screen. You can then <3 them and scroll through by swiping up and down on the huge column. Choose which ones you want, and order. It's much better than bumping into people searching aimlessly for all your pics in the different sections.

The lounger and chair on our balcony weren't that comfortable and would have been nice if they had some padding on top. They get hot too so be sure to bring your towel out there. My mom wanted to sit outside and read, but it was hard to do in those because they leaned back and pointed her eyeballs into the sun. So she asked our room steward if she could get a straight back chair. Later that night he brought one and it worked perfect! This was also the same type of chair in one of our party's HC Square Family Harbor cabin. I didn't get a pic of that part of their room, but I'll post what I have.

4ff667c2da0acc1c1a34e0ecbcad1e37.jpg

I organized a cabin crawl and we had an excellent turn out! Got to see a good selection of cabins. I somehow managed to fall for no good reason as we were waking past the minuscule Future Cruise Desk. Flat out fell on my knee! So I spent the whole cruise with an owie [emoji22]. Luckily not too many people saw it because I jumped up real fast. LOL! I wasn't even drinking yet. I like to think it was the Cruise Gods punishing me for not booking another cruise. But what was I supposed to do? It wasn't even open!

My friends square FH Inside 2507

58c980e4835ba7d7caad0fd470aa8d59.jpg

c721d6eb4489f1382a5e3220ce805259.jpg

One thing I just remembered is that the decks aren't wood, they are painted metal so they get hot hot hot! Be sure to bring your flip flops out to your balcony if you have one. My little tootsies learned that lesson the hard way [emoji91]!

Strange that they would design it that way. Do they not realize the ship will spend its life in warm to hot weather?

Strange that they would design it that way. Do they not realize the ship will spend its life in warm to hot weather?

Celebrity Solstice Class is the same way. Makes sense now to me why they have so much of the Beach Pool coated with the playground type stuff. I don't know what it's called, but it's different colors instead of just having the deck around it.

WOW! Where is everyone? Our ship's outside decks were jammed every single day. The serenity, you couldn't even walk through much less see an empty seat! Those tiny little yellow single tent chairs cracked me up.

I thought the same thing. Those tiny yellow tent chairs are quite different. I guess if you want to have some serenity they will work.

Really enjoyed reading your review and seeing all the pictures. I sure wish I had gotten the Tervis tumbler on my last cruise, I got the stationary. I am so glad that the bathroom light is not connected to the main switch. I can not tell how how many times the card got pulled and I got left in the dark on the Breeze. Thanks for sharing the tip about the clothespin holder! Glad to hear your sister's suitcase was found.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on your vacation as well as posting the pictures LOVE THEM! We are sailing in a Havana Cabana Suite 5234 in February and cannot wait, we booked February 2016!

Since I have the suite, do I need to choose a check-in time? I will try to get FTTF but if I cannot get it, I want to be ready to choose the earliest time possible.

In the Havana area, are there actual loungers in the shade or just chairs?

Did you use the gym? If so, what time do I need to get there for a treadmill and are there enough?

I usually am at the gym between 6 am - 7 am on a cruise but when I just sailed on NCL Getaway, if I got to the gym past 7:15 am (which I did one day), I got the last treadmill and people were waiting. Is there a rowing machine? Are there complimentary classes?

Who is the piano bar singer at night? We had Ken last year on Breeze and my 70 year old mother and my 22 year old dd were up on his piano being sung dirty songs, it was a blast and everyone, including Ben, always called her Nana LOL

We (leaving family at home and cruising with my mom) also have a couples spa pass that I purchased. Are you able to get any spa pictures?

We have the Cheers package that I purchased in April 2016, before all other beverages, milkshakes, water, specialty coffees were offered and cannot wait to just drink whatever and whenever I want.

Did you book specialty restaurants? I am hoping to do that tomorrow or Friday.

Thanks so much for all your information, I greatly appreciate it!

Hi, I can answer your suite question as we were in 5233 in February. Even though you have the suite, you still need to select a check-in time. However, you can show up at any time and check-in. At least that is what we did. It is really nice to have priority embarkation as you skip some long lines. Hopefully your other questions will be answered.

We did not book any specialty restaurants on this cruise but we did eat sushi at the sushi restaurant but no reservations are needed.

Oh, and yes there are plenty of treadmills...I never had to wait.

Thanks for the review! We are going on the Vista in November on this same itinerary! Excited to be on this ship. Wish we could have booked a Havana Cabin but we'll have our toddler in tow! So we have a balcony on Lido...we found it very convenient on the Breeze with our daughter to be close to food and Lido deck.

What did you end up doing in each of the Ports? I've been to all of them before, but looking for any new ideas!

Thanks,

Misty

Thanks for the review! We are going on the Vista in November on this same itinerary! Excited to be on this ship. Wish we could have booked a Havana Cabin but we'll have our toddler in tow! So we have a balcony on Lido...we found it very convenient on the Breeze with our daughter to be close to food and Lido deck.

What did you end up doing in each of the Ports? I've been to all of them before, but looking for any new ideas!

Thanks,

Misty

Ocho Rios- We went to the little shops right there, then to Margaritaville for one drink. Then stopped by my favorite Jerk Chicken stand on the corner. I love that place! $6 for the real deal. One girl in a family that walked by asked the guy if the chicken had bones in it? He was like what? Yeah of course it has bones, it's real chicken not chicken nuggets! We all had a good laugh. She didn't get any because bones freaked her out or something. Anyway, go see James and get your jerk chicken. You won't regret it!

5e9a05e97388c217b161c22dc80b570f.jpg

275386345ea48beaab2142b48c6c8a10.jpg

Ocho Rios- We went to the little shops right there, then to Margaritaville for one drink. Then stopped by my favorite Jerk Chicken stand on the corner. I love that place! $6 for the real deal. One girl in a family that walked by asked the guy if the chicken had bones in it? He was like what? Yeah of course it has bones, it's real chicken not chicken nuggets! We all had a good laugh. She didn't get any because bones freaked her out or something. Anyway, go see James and get your jerk chicken. You won't regret it!

5e9a05e97388c217b161c22dc80b570f.jpg

275386345ea48beaab2142b48c6c8a10.jpg

Have you tried Scotchies in Ocho Rios for Jerk Chicken before? It's amazing! It's a little bit of a cab ride away, but totally worth it. The setting is beautiful - outdoor gardens and gorgeous greenery against the blue skies. All the meat is cooked on a outdoor sweetwood grill. So Good!

Grand Cayman we stayed on the ship. That's when I got a bunch of pics of the Vista.

Cozumel - Mr Sanchos. Excellent time! Even with 6 or 7 ships in port, it didn't seem crowded, and we had no issues with taxis. We had reservations and good thing. They sold out and were only letting people in that had one. The pay as you go side was opened as all inclusive and they didn't accept any pay as you go customers. Everyone raved about it. I had been there like 3 other times and love it.

Have you tried Scotchies in Ocho Rios for Jerk Chicken before? It's amazing! It's a little bit of a cab ride away, but totally worth it. The setting is beautiful - outdoor gardens and gorgeous greenery against the blue skies. All the meat is cooked on a outdoor sweetwood grill. So Good!

No. We stay close to port. My girlfriend and I wanted to walk down to the beach right across from the ship, but the level of harassment from pushy vendors made us turn around. I had been there before, but had a male go with us then. We got that extremely uneasy feeling and decided it wasn't worth it. I can handle saying "no", but this was the worst I have ever encountered. You couldn't walk 3 feet without someone else tagging along behind you even after they just saw you reject another one 5 seconds ago. I actually got into an almost full blown argument with one guy who wouldn't leave us alone.