On the Vista now March 19-25, 2017

The card the room steward put in the electric thingy in lieu of the paper I had in there. He said paper was a fire hazard. I hate that system because if you don't leave some type of card in it, the lights and outlets don't work. I even confirmed the outlet thing with my RS. He said AC works, but no lights or outlets. However the bathroom light will still work with no card. I yanked it on my friend hoping it would turn the lights off on her while she was in there to no avail [emoji56].

c4f3c2f317246383ec663cb3ecd70a58.jpg

I haven't been on a cruise since the splendor in 2009...I'm not really getting this card in the slot thing....are the lights and outlets on an occupancy sensor? Do you have to leave the card in there all the time if you are charging stuff in your room? Or just on port days? What about at night?

I haven't been on a cruise since the splendor in 2009...I'm not really getting this card in the slot thing....are the lights and outlets on an occupancy sensor? Do you have to leave the card in there all the time if you are charging stuff in your room? Or just on port days? What about at night?

You're supposed to put your S&S card in there while you're in the cabin and then remove it when you leave so that the lights and things go off when it's not occupied to save energy. You still have light switches as usual, this is just like a "Master switch" so that if no card is in there, they won't come on.

You're supposed to put your S&S card in there while you're in the cabin and then remove it when you leave so that the lights and things go off when it's not occupied to save energy. You still have light switches as usual, this is just like a "Master switch" so that if no card is in there, they won't come on.

Thanks for the clarification

We usually bring a old gift card for that purpose it works perfectly for that and /or the safe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We usually bring a old gift card for that purpose it works perfectly for that and /or the safe

I did have one but it was still packed away when we first got in the cabin. I was glad that the safe was the keypad type as opposed to the magnetic strip one like on Glory. Made it easier with 2 people and not having to remember where you hid it.

I did have one but it was still packed away when we first got in the cabin. I was glad that the safe was the keypad type as opposed to the magnetic strip one like on Glory. Made it easier with 2 people and not having to remember where you hid it.

the keypad is so much easier.We booked the spa passes for the whole cruise.By chance did you guys look around the spa? Just wondering how it is,we love the steam rooms and thalasso pool and try to use it twice a day to relax

the keypad is so much easier.We booked the spa passes for the whole cruise.By chance did you guys look around the spa? Just wondering how it is,we love the steam rooms and thalasso pool and try to use it twice a day to relax

No I didn't go up there. I thought about a pass, but after seeing a video on it, I wasn't impressed. One of the guys in our group did and said he didn't like the fact that the whirlpool was in the same area as the heated loungers. It wasn't as relaxing as other ships.

Are you planning on doing the Brewery Tour? Can you find out when it is offered and when you can sign up for it?

Thanks

Enjoying your pictures

The brewery tours are offered on sea days. You need to sign up at the Red Frog Bar with the bartender. They only take 12 people at a time. It is $24.95 and you get generous samples, a Red Frog Pub glass, and a certificate that gets you a free beer later in the cruise.

Colin, the brewmaster, is great! He has a lot of knowledge and is very personable.

Sue

Oh good! Did you get the 3 pack?

No?!? I looked through two packages and only saw where they were sold individually.

I figured for under $3 I was still in good shape but had thought if I could get three, I could just leave them after each cruise if they were still wet from the shower.

Hope they weren't on page 3 ;)

No?!? I looked through two packages and only saw where they were sold individually.

I figured for under $3 I was still in good shape but had thought if I could get three, I could just leave them after each cruise if they were still wet from the shower.

Hope they weren't on page 3 ;)

These are the ones. I gave the one we used to my mom and still have the other 2 for later. But yeah, they are cheap enough to leave behind.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018U64WIG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490630485&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=3+clothespin+bags

Thank you so much for your excellent review! As a Type A person that needs everything its its place, this is the third best cruise travel item idea, after packing cubes and over the door shoe hanger, that I have read on CC. I HATE having anything on the floor of the shower it just grosses me out but sometimes I need to put the shampo or shaving cream there. I am going to look and order this week while at work. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

lol... I have been on 25 cruises and never thought of this and ordered mine this morning ..

We were on this same cruise. We had a great time. The ship was beautiful and all crew we encountered were great. CD Mike was fabulous. Very entertaining and all over the ship. We also thought Bradley (from Belgium) from the entertainment staff was terrific.

We only ate in the MDR one night and it was mediocre. We never were asked if we wanted a drink and we only had one server who was swamped. We ate the rest of our meals on Lido because it was just easier.

Guys, pizza, blue iguana, BBQ were all good. A good tip when going to BBQ on sea days is to go out revolving door at oceans plaza and not door by pixels. The line outside pixels was always twice as long as the other line and no one ever seemed to figure that out.

One thing we thought was very strange was that they held bingo in oceans plaza. While the space is good size it was way too small for all the people who wanted to play. People brought in all the chairs on the outside deck and it was crazy trying to get around that area.

We never had a problem getting into any of the earlier comedy shows (PG) but the adult shows the lines were super long. Never did see an adult show.

All in all we were very happy with this cruise. We would sail the Vista again.

I like to catch the early flights home so I like the option of being able to carry on my suitcase if I need to. Plus, if you pack right, you can get all you need for 7

Don't know what happened to my text. Can't believe you can do that, sure wish I could. I need pictures!

Are you planning on doing the Brewery Tour? Can you find out when it is offered and when you can sign up for it?

Thanks

Enjoying your pictures

On our Valentine's Day cruise, the brewery tour was offered twice a day on seadays. You sign up with the bartenders at the Red Frog Pub. I believe the tour was $25/pp and included lots of tastings, a Red Frog pint and a certificate. We really enjoyed it!

lol... I have been on 25 cruises and never thought of this and ordered mine this morning ..

OMG, I'm right with you and this ranks up there with the best cruise travel ideas ever :)