EDGE - Mobile Tour

eroller

Sounds something like a timeshare marketing event. Don't think it will be worth it...esp on LI where it might be crowded

I've never been to a timeshare marketing event, so I might be off, but I was surprised they didn't really upsell or try to push future cruise sales. Maybe we missed something earlier in the day or when they found out we cruised a lot there was no need.

We attended the April 8, 2017 showing in Westlake Village, CA from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. We arrived around 3:15 and the first showing was at 3:30 (every hour). We were provided with either Champagne or Water (you get to keep the Celebrity Champagne glass) and Caviar, no additional food other than the Truffle popcorn during the presentation. As mentioned early, the presentation was the same as the one presented on-line early in the month. The second part was a presentation by Brent Nixon which was very good on some of his experiences as an underwater scientist.

At the end of the presentation they gave a gift bag with some brochures and a $25 gift card to Ticketrewards. They did not try to sell any cruises during the event. Said another way, if you wanted to book a cruise, there was no one there that could help you.

Since we live very close to Westlake Village it was easy to get to. I would not, like others have stated, make a special trip just to attend. Celebrity has really raised the bar with the Edge, really out of the box thinking. It's going to push other cruise lines to come up with something unique other that just building bigger ships.

It looks like it will be in Houston later this month but it is at the Houston International Film Festival which has been sold out for months. And then at the Houston Yacht Club of which we are not members.

We attended the April 8, 2017 showing in Westlake Village, CA from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. We arrived around 3:15 and the first showing was at 3:30 (every hour). We were provided with either Champagne or Water (you get to keep the Celebrity Champagne glass) and Caviar, no additional food other than the Truffle popcorn during the presentation. As mentioned early, the presentation was the same as the one presented on-line early in the month. The second part was a presentation by Brent Nixon which was very good on some of his experiences as an underwater scientist.

At the end of the presentation they gave a gift bag with some brochures and a $25 gift card to Ticketrewards. They did not try to sell any cruises during the event. Said another way, if you wanted to book a cruise, there was no one there that could help you.

Since we live very close to Westlake Village it was easy to get to. I would not, like others have stated, make a special trip just to attend. Celebrity has really raised the bar with the Edge, really out of the box thinking. It's going to push other cruise lines to come up with something unique other that just building bigger ships.

Thanks for the recap. I still haven't received an e-mail confirmation, but we'll still go because it is something my girlfriend would like to do. And worst case we have a date night in Long Beach.

Thanks for the recap. I still haven't received an e-mail confirmation, but we'll still go because it is something my girlfriend would like to do. And worst case we have a date night in Long Beach.

We did not get an email confirmation. When we signed up I got a notice that my request was received. I think if it's fully booked, you will get a notice when you submit your request. Note that at the Westlake Village time slot we went to, there were not a lot of people in attendance. The trailer was probably 1/2 full and there was no waiting line for the 4:30 pm show when we departed.

Has anyone heard more about the Long Island event? Where do you sign up for it or where it will be?

The NY and Long Island events have recently been posted. [i just signed up for NY Botanical Garden]

Long Island:

May 16 3pm-7pm [that means 3 slots to reserve]

Roosevelt Field Mall

630 Old Country Road

Garden City, NY 11530

West side of parking lot, near Bobby's Burger Palace

You have to RSVP here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/mobile-tours/

The NY and Long Island events have recently been posted. [i just signed up for NY Botanical Garden]

Long Island:

May 16 3pm-7pm [that means 3 slots to reserve]

Roosevelt Field Mall

630 Old Country Road

Garden City, NY 11530

West side of parking lot, near Bobby's Burger Palace

You have to RSVP here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/mobile-tours/

Actually when you press "reserve here" the next page says no rsvp required. The tour is held every hour and accommodates 90 people. They suggest arriving 15 minutes early.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the St Petersburg viewing yesterday afternoon. There wasn't any line. They offered us water or sparkling cider to drink. We got to keep the glasses. They had a table set up with information on cruises and a brochure on the Edge. The brochure has pretty much the same information as the website, but the deck plans are easier to read.

You could sign up to win a cruise and they had someone taking pictures where you could choose your background. We entered the trailer and received a bag of the truffle popcorn and a Celebrity rep gave a short introduction to the film.

The film lasted about 15 minutes and included brief shots of destinations. The part on the ship was pretty good but not too much new information. It was put together very well. My wife, who works in marketing, thought it was a slick presentation.I am glad I went, but was a bit disappointed that there was no new information.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to the Celebrity Edge Tour event at the New York Botanical Garden this afternoon. The Celebrity part was not very earth-shattering: a short movie, the first half of which was an un-narrated travelogue of postcard views of ports around the world and the second half of which was the same Edge introduction that I've already seen on the web. Also free apple cider [you could keep the glass, if you wanted to schlep a sticky small roundish tumbler around all day...] and truffle popcorn. And a chance to win a free cruise [to Bermuda, I think they said]. Nothing new about Edge, and no one with even as much knowledge as I've gleaned from Cruise Critic to answer my questions.

The best part of today's event was free admission and parking to the Botanical Garden, which at the moment is featuring a special show of Chihully glass sculpture art -- that made it a special day. Otherwise, if the trailer will just be in a parking lot near you, it's not worth the trip.

• 2 months later...

From what I have seen of this ship it appears too much room has been allocated to the suite customers. There own lounges, pools, hot tubes etc.etc. mind you they will well and truly have to pay for it. There won't be so much room for the riff raff or should I say ordinary passengers to use. Seems to be whole decks assigned to the suite customers. I bet that doesn't last long when then start getting over crowded. Also who is going to pay for all the free drinks they are going to get. Not Celebrity I bet. Time will tell but depending where the ships goes I bet they will not be able to use the platform for half the time. Be either too windy or too rough. Waste of money completely.

From what I have seen of this ship it appears too much room has been allocated to the suite customers. There own lounges, pools, hot tubes etc.etc. mind you they will well and truly have to pay for it. There won't be so much room for the riff raff or should I say ordinary passengers to use. Seems to be whole decks assigned to the suite customers. I bet that doesn't last long when then start getting over crowded. Also who is going to pay for all the free drinks they are going to get. Not Celebrity I bet. Time will tell but depending where the ships goes I bet they will not be able to use the platform for half the time. Be either too windy or too rough. Waste of money completely.

I think it's much to early to make that judgment. They have revealed the info about The Retreat, but there are still vast grey blocks on the deck plans that will all be PUBLIC areas. The latest reveal was of the Eden area at the back of the ship -- a PUBLIC area. There are many more suites on Edge than the older Celebrity ships, so The Retreat will be keeping a lot of people out of the public pool areas and Luminae will be keeping them out of the main dining room [which hasn't been revealed yet] My guess is that BOTH suite and cabin passengers will find Edge to be a very roomy ship.

Of course X isn't paying. Suite passengers pay for all the "free drinks" they get.