On Equinox now... What do you want to know?

dabeers1

Good evening. Sailing away from Barbados hoping to see a sunset.

I don't know what I can say about chair hogs. The first full day was so windy that many didn't even try to get chairs until around 10. The second full sea day saw chairs taken much sooner but there were always some available somewhere. I've been at port the last three days and when we got back many chairs were occupied but the hogging didn't seem bad. The solarium looks nice and was full on the windy day but had lots of space on the sunny day.

You can certainly use OBC to book specially packages. That's what we did and there were some situations where buy one get one free nights were offered. All of these can be charged to your OBC. We got a 4-night for $125pp plus a buy one get one at Silk Harvest for $35 total, so 5 specialties for 2 for $285.

There is an umbrella in the closet! Luckily we have not needed it yet.

Good evening. Sailing away from Barbados hoping to see a sunset.

I don't know what I can say about chair hogs. The first full day was so windy that many didn't even try to get chairs until around 10. The second full sea day saw chairs taken much sooner but there were always some available somewhere. I've been at port the last three days and when we got back many chairs were occupied but the hogging didn't seem bad. The solarium looks nice and was full on the windy day but had lots of space on the sunny day.

THANK YOU, DABEERS!!!

Appreciate the quick reply!!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!! :cool:

How was Barbados......did you enjoy what you chose to do?....

Thanks for asking. We spent the day at the Boatyard. It's a good value and a fun vibe, as are many of the clubs along Carlisle Bay Beach. Our turtle tour didn't produce any turtles but the water and beach are beautiful. This photo is taken from the other end. The Boatyard is way down by the pier.3f0a4b202f4e91e088b3a19ab910d000.jpg

A couple of "CHAIR HOG" posts popped up again this week on the boards - one specifically citing the Equinox.

As we'll be on the ship for the first time in May, I was wondering what YOUR take was on getting loungers on the open decks.....and how is the covered adults only area?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR UPDATES!

LOVING THEM!

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!! :cool:

An update on the chairs: Today is sort of a sea day since we don't dock until 3pm. I arrived at pool side at 7:30. The chairs were 50% reserved and 10% occupied. Now at 11am chair space is at a premium. There haven't been too many chairs saved for an exceptionally long time except the two chairs beside us which have been unoccupied for at least 3 hours (photo attached). And I'm pretty sure Tim Tebow would not approve 😂4ec5e9df3fc273d101032b0acda44bd5.jpg

Thanks for asking. We spent the day at the Boatyard. It's a good value and a fun vibe, as are many of the clubs along Carlisle Bay Beach. Our turtle tour didn't produce any turtles but the water and beach are beautiful. This photo is taken from the other end. The Boatyard is way down by the pier.3f0a4b202f4e91e088b3a19ab910d000.jpg

How,far is it from port?

Did u taxi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

How,far is it from port?

Did u taxi

We did taxi for $5 each. The Equinox docked at the furthest pier location so it was a 15 minute walk for us just to get to the port (they do have free shuttle to the port if you want to wait). Then it would have been 20 more minutes walk to Boatyard. On the route to Boatyard, some sidewalks went through parks and a gated bridge walkway, but others were on city streets. If you were to make a wrong turn you'd be in the shopping area and it would be an even longer walk. It is doable if you take the correct route. However by the time we got off the boat it was 10:30 and pretty warm.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

We got to Boatyard at 11 and there were plenty of chairs. The carnival ship beat us to port but we were among the first Celebrity guests there. By 12 or 1 all chairs were full. I'd say no reason to reserve, there are 6 beach clubs in a row with similar amenities.

The hot tubs have been open after dark as far as I can tell.

The Celebrity rocks pool party is tonight at 10:30! This is day 1 in St Martin.

Thank you so much for such gracious replies.....we are also planning on the Boatyard...so thank you again.....and after reading later posts....I can assure Tim would not be happy to see people chair hogging..............just saying...we have been to St. Maarten several times and done a few different tours....so this time we were just going to chill and after many port days weren't even sure if we would get off the ship....what did you guys do there..?

The last time in St Maarten we just took a taxi to Maho Beach and felt the jet blast. This is a must do at least once. Lots of taxis at the beach and you don't have to spend the whole day.

Another time we done the Rhino Riders and that was great fun.

Today we docked at 3pm so since we've never been to SXM we wanted to see a little of this and a little of that. Today we walked to Philipsburg and got on the bus to Marigot. Traffic was very heavy at 4pm and it took us an hour to get there. After a cream puff at Sarafina's and a little walking around, we got a bus back and the ride was only about 20 min. The bus is $2 and fairly convenient. By 7 almost all of the shops in Philipsburg and the port were closed save for a few restaurants. Tomorrow the plan is to taxi to Orient Beach.

First, thank you for taking time to answer questions. I'm curious if the gangway is open 24hrs on your overnight in St.Maarten? We'll be doing the same cruise in a few weeks and it will be our first time staying overnight in a port.

This is our first overnight as well. The gangway is open the entire time from docking to leaving. You can go in and out as much as you want anytime you want.

The Overnight was the Celebrity ROX party from 10:30-12:00 as well. Can't get in the pool but they had live music and dancers to entertain. Fun time.

The restaurant, bar, and room service has been excellent. The pool bar is sometimes chaotic to walk up to. There is one guy in Gastrobar that knows beer and one that seems not to.

The shows have been good to very good. The Equinox singers have Broadway-quality voices. We've found a seat at every show. Only one was close to standing room only.

The restaurant, bar, and room service has been excellent. The pool bar is sometimes chaotic to walk up to. There is one guy in Gastrobar that knows beer and one that seems not to.

The shows have been good to very good. The Equinox singers have Broadway-quality voices. We've found a seat at every show. Only one was close to standing room only.

Thank u so much! 13 days and counting