On Equinox now... What do you want to know?

dabeers1

I wish [emoji14] . We paid $125 each for 4 days as posted. Then since we were talking to the person at silk harvest he offered us a 5th night at silk harvest at a total price of $35 rather than $35 each.

I wish [emoji14] . We paid $125 each for 4 days as posted. Then since we were talking to the person at silk harvest he offered us a 5th night at silk harvest at a total price of $35 rather than $35 each.

Do these fees cover the regular gratuity at the specialty restaurants or will there be additional gratuity charged to your account?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What time did you have to leave the ship? I read it was 7:00 which is quite early.

That's a very timely question as I'm waiting in line for my flight. Here's a quick recap of this morning:

6:40 Got in line deck 5 by theater. About 15 ahead of us. Uber and Lyft said 4 minute waits.

7:00 line moved to outdoors by gangway

7:11 Walked off ship

7:28 Got through customs (mobile passport didn't work)

7:30 got in taxi. By this time Uber and Lyft waits were over 20 minutes, people must have been scheduling times.

7:45 arrived at FLL. Cab fare $13.30.

8:00 got to our gate!

We had a wonderful time and if I have time I'll try to type up my review tonight.

Do these fees cover the regular gratuity at the specialty restaurants or will there be additional gratuity charged to your account?

There were no additional gratuities. In sushi on 5 we were presented a $0 check with a place to add additional gratuity if we wanted.

That's the fastest debarkation I think I have ever heard of! I usually drag my feet the last morning, lingering at breakfast just one more time dreading the fact I have to debark the ship and ALWAYS end up waiting in line for customs, finding baggage, etc. because of it...

That's the fastest debarkation I think I have ever heard of! I usually drag my feet the last morning, lingering at breakfast just one more time dreading the fact I have to debark the ship and ALWAYS end up waiting in line for customs, finding baggage, etc. because of it...

I have found that I quickly find a porter, who actually helps me locate my luggage and then gets me quickly through customs,. The customs people know the porters have a limited time to make money, so they help speed up the process.

All gratuities are included in the speciality restaurant fees [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have found that I quickly find a porter, who actually helps me locate my luggage and then gets me quickly through customs,. The customs people know the porters have a limited time to make money, so they help speed up the process.

Thanks, Dave. Good tip (y)

All gratuities are included in the speciality restaurant fees [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hummmm...

According to the Speciality Dining flyer that has been attached, gratuities are NOT included in the cover charge :confused:...

2661ff7c8eea3c64f2f6daf42c8a9079.jpg

Hummmm...

According to the Speciality Dining flyer that has been attached, gratuities are NOT included in the cover charge :confused:...

How weird, I'm sure it was in the past [emoji848] I'm also sure I've been told this by staff members, maybe a change in the system, or maybe it's covered by the daily rate charge and tracked by your sea pass card activity showing where you dine?

Hummmm...

Perhaps the gratuity referred to is for the beverage charges. We have never had gratuities added to our bill in the specialty restaurants

I think it's around $10/day to upgrade from classic to premium. We already had it so I ignored all of the ads 😁

Domestic beers are running 5.50 + 18% gratuity. I'm not sure about house liquor but if I happen to see a price list I'll report.

Thank you!

We did get the Classic as part of the deal when I was booking, just hoping to upgrade to the bigger variety to satisfy wine/liquor drinkers. :)

How was a quality of the Internet connection on the ship? Did you notice in some areas it was weaker or lost? I hope with this price (I still compare RCCL) it should be smooth and fast...

How was a quality of the Internet connection on the ship? Did you notice in some areas it was weaker or lost? I hope with this price (I still compare RCCL) it should be smooth and fast...

The wifi was better than I expected. I did have to reconnect about every database but no big deal. There were a couple times and plates I had trouble bit overall it was very good.

I think it's around $10/day to upgrade from classic to premium. We already had it so I ignored all of the ads [emoji16]

Domestic beers are running 5.50 + 18% gratuity. I'm not sure about house liquor but if I happen to see a price list I'll report.

It is exactly $10 US per day to upgrade from the classic to the premium package, plus 18% gratuity [emoji483][emoji106]🏻[emoji41]

The wifi was better than I expected. I did have to reconnect about every database but no big deal. There were a couple times and plates I had trouble bit overall it was very good.

I guess my spell check wasn't very good as I was walking through the airport but you get the idea I hope [emoji14]

Thank you so much for all your extremely helpful posts, dabeers1. We will be onboard in October and have the all-inclusive premium package, so my husband enjoyed looking over the Gastro Bar menu. I enjoyed seeing the spa list. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7:28 Got through customs (mobile passport didn't work)

By "didn't work" do you mean that it failed to work? Or that Port of Miami is not part of the mobile passport app? According to their website, the only cruise port currently supported in Fort Lauderdale. Just looking for clarification. Is their website wrong and Miami has been added?

By "didn't work" do you mean that it failed to work? Or that Port of Miami is not part of the mobile passport app? According to their website, the only cruise port currently supported in Fort Lauderdale. Just looking for clarification. Is their website wrong and Miami has been added?

My cruise docked at Port Everglades. I was able to add travelers and answer the questions, but when I clicked submit it told me it was unable to process it. I tried about 5 times until I reached the attendant. Still was only at his desk for about 10 seconds.

Was the line shorter for Mobile passport?

When I got there they only had one line (we got off the ship very early). There were signs that said mobile passport in front​ of each desk but I couldn't really see a separate line for those using it.