On Equinox now... What do you want to know?

dabeers1

Still wondering if the Aqua Spa Cafe is open for lunch on embarkation day. Thanks so much for answering so many questions!

It has been open for lunch on embarkation day on every Celebrity cruise I have been on, most recently in November. It's my embarkation day lunch spot to avoid the crowds in the buffet. I'd be very surprised if it is no longer open that day.

It has been open for lunch on embarkation day on every Celebrity cruise I have been on, most recently in November. It's my embarkation day lunch spot to avoid the crowds in the buffet. I'd be very surprised if it is no longer open that day.

Is the food good in Aqua?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Hi,

Could you tell me if the mast grill is serving the thick "Celebrity" Hamburger or is it the thin "soy filled" hamburger?

I was on the December sailing and we were surprised by the burgers at the Mast Grill. The burgers changed and it was a thin burger with a weird consistency and with soy fillers (it tasted like soy). My husband talked to the Food and Bev Manager about it when he approached us to inquire about our cruise and he admitted that they changed the suppliers for the burgers. The feedback he got about the burgers were not good and he said they would go back to the old burgers in early 2017.

Hi,

Could you tell me if the mast grill is serving the thick "Celebrity" Hamburger or is it the thin "soy filled" hamburger?

I was on the December sailing and we were surprised by the burgers at the Mast Grill. The burgers changed and it was a thin burger with a weird consistency and with soy fillers (it tasted like soy). My husband talked to the Food and Bev Manager about it when he approached us to inquire about our cruise and he admitted that they changed the suppliers for the burgers. The feedback he got about the burgers were not good and he said they would go back to the old burgers in early 2017.

Oh no! We love the burgers at the grill. We are on Equinox in two weeks so I hope they have changed by then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The last time in St Maarten we just took a taxi to Maho Beach and felt the jet blast. This is a must do at least once. Lots of taxis at the beach and you don't have to spend the whole day.

Another time we done the Rhino Riders and that was great fun.

St. Maarten Rhino Riders are my favorite tour I've done on any cruise. Love that you get to "ski" through all those beautiful yachts and get a pretty up close look and the snorkeling is pretty good too.

Thank you for posting the Blu menu. It does appear to be slightly different than what I recall. We will be onboard in Oct for the third time [emoji2] Got a good deal with the GO BEST package. How is the music at the martini bar ? used to have really cool music. I hope it is still the same

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could not see where this was posted..can you re-post or indicate what is new...we pretty much know them by heart at this point! Looking for a few new tweaks...less bird.

Went back and found 2 posted.. sorry I missed them....not much new but usually something good,

On our last 2 cruises the chef opted not to do the better menus, ....,.mostly game birds.

For our next cruise we booked Q sine and Tuscan...for variety!

The mast grill should be open above the pool deck (burgers & hotdogs with fries) also the porch should also be open but that's a pay for place, and the gastro bar might be open, they also have a fee for menu available [emoji39][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe The Porch is available on Silhouette and Reflection, but not on Equinox.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll put a couple more menus up soon. I haven't been able to get them every night but there are at least some of each. The lighting makes it tough to get a good photo, sorry about that.

About Aqua Spa: I didn't visit it the first day so I can't say whether it was open. I'll tell you that it was NOT listed in the daily schedule that day but it was every other day.

My wife ate a burger at Mast Grill early in the cruise and said it was fine but I don't know what was in it [emoji2]

Thanks for sharing.. on Equinox July 16.. first time Celebrity as well.. appreciating the info!

Celebrity Equinox - 7 myself West Carib. - Jul 16,2017

NCL Escape - 7 nts East Carib. - Oct 22, 2016

An update on the chairs: Today is sort of a sea day since we don't dock until 3pm. I arrived at pool side at 7:30. The chairs were 50% reserved and 10% occupied. Now at 11am chair space is at a premium. There haven't been too many chairs saved for an exceptionally long time except the two chairs beside us which have been unoccupied for at least 3 hours (photo attached). And I'm pretty sure Tim Tebow would not approve 😂4ec5e9df3fc273d101032b0acda44bd5.jpg

This blew my mind!! Had to share it with friends & family!

I just went to look at the teen club and was given a mini-tour! There are separate activities based on age and there is a 'bar' in the 12-17 teen club. I tried to ask if drinks were free or required a drink package and she said it was up to the management each night. Ages 15-17 can stay until midnight.

Here is a sample schedule.53bab9ccf6126745e9d1f511f916cf4a.jpg

You are the best!! thanks so much!

Would it be possible for you to post the Canyon Ranch services and price list? Celebrity has a sale choking on for less than one more day and I am trying to determine whether the "sale" is worthy of prepaying for services on my upcoming cruise. We board Equinox later this month.

Seven pages of you answering questions. (some really silly). I hope you are having a wonderful time. Please come back and let us know if you are enjoying yourself. :)

Agree! Go enjoy your cruise and good grief people, leave the poor OP alone!

Hi; Long time RCCL cruiser, first time on Celebrity. Papers say check in is 2PM, is that the time everyone shows up, or can you board earlier like noon?? Thanks for your help.

We arrived at check-in at 11 and were on board by 11:30. Many were already on board by then. They said all aboard time was 2:30 and we embarked at 4pm after our muster drill. Bars were open and ready to serve when we boarded!

Agree! Go enjoy your cruise and good grief people, leave the poor OP alone!

Ha, my wife says the same thing. But the way I look at it, this is enhancing my cruise. I'm enjoying my own little CC scavenger hunt! Haven't been able to capture quite everything but I'll keep trying 😎

I'm enjoying my own little CC scavenger hunt! 😎

I've been thinking that same, but when you put it that way it does sound like fun! Thanks for all the tidbits you've been sharing and especially all the pics in your google drive. I've directed a few people to your link in other threads.

Can we also expect a review when you get home? Would love to hear your final thoughts since it was your first X cruise.

Can we also expect a review when you get home? Would love to hear your final thoughts since it was your first X cruise.

Yes, I'll be doing a nice long review. But I'll wait until I have an actual keyboard I can type on instead of my phone!

Edited by dabeers1

Can I ask about the dinner packages.

We have pre-booked the 4 restaurant package, and on the system it made is choose a day for the first, but oddly it didn't ask us for which restaurant, so we are a bit confused. How did it work for you?

Also you mention $35 for a meal (was it pay for one person, and one free?) at Silk Harvest, was this an advertised on board on a particular evening or every night?

Finally what is your favorite beer so far (included in the premium package, not one of the $40 ones!!)