March 17, 2019 Sold out

wv4891

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2518964

Link to Main board CC thread about this sailing/ charter..

Bummer b/c prices are much higher now for other dates,.,kind of dampens our enthusiasm for Jan 2019 on Edge...

Reminder that you never know these days when you may get booted, we may book a back up on another ship...

Equinox is doing essentially the same itineraries as Edge (just running East and West in reverse order), and fares for March 10 and 17 are much lower than for Edge. I have booked both Edge and Equinox in January until they complete the Edge announcements so that I can see if it is really appealing or not -- I know I like S-class.

I cannot believe this cruise is now chartered! We got a call and email today. We can only sail that week in 2019. we have been compensated but not nearly enough. We booked the silhouette which is 9 days but we were really excited to sail in a sky suite on the edge

Equinox is doing essentially the same itineraries as Edge (just running East and West in reverse order), and fares for March 10 and 17 are much lower than for Edge. I have booked both Edge and Equinox in January until they complete the Edge announcements so that I can see if it is really appealing or not -- I know I like S-class.

Thanks for this info. We'll take a look and see about a back up plan.We like Equinox so that could be good for us if EDGE falls through

I'm not on this one, but I really wish cruise lines would implement a policy where they let groups that have chartered cruises before know the sailings/dates before opening them to the public and give them until say a week before opening them to the public to "claim a date" for full-ship charters. If they wait to get back to them, they can charter the unsold cabins on the ship, but no more full-ship charter is available.

I know it's wishful thinking, but it would be nice if there was some attempt to prevent this kind of late decision. (And by late I mean any time after the cruise has been opened to the public for booking.)

I am so angry. My DH and I both work and cannot take time off as we please. We were told that Celebrity will hold the cabin price we paid for the week before or after only! We booked the cruise the day it was announced based on our allowable vacation time. We were in a sky suite. If we book now for a date that we are available the cost is 40% more. I think that is horrible and a $500 next cruise credit is a joke. Celebrity should honor the price protection for another week of our choice. I understand perhaps not Christmas or New Years week- but another week. Between the problems with the Celebrity website and now this- I am considering moving my future business to another cruise line. Shame on Celebrity. In addition, having sailed on the Equinox previously, it doesn't compare to the Edge. It isn't a new ship. Better to consider the Silhouette or Reflection IMO.