Aquaclass question on equinox

roseleblanc114

We will be on the Equinox in January. First time cruising. We are booked in an Aquaclass and saw that there have been people that received a bottle of sparkling wine in the room and also canapés each day. I don't see that listed on the celebrity site and was wondering if anyone that has cruised lately in Aquaclass can advise if they have in fact received this? Thanks in advance.

Rose

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sparkling wine and canapes were included in February. The sparkling wine was not in cabin as it had been in the past, but the cabin steward told us he had it for us and would bring it to us chilled when we wanted it.

For the canapes there was a form in the cabin to complete indicating that we did want the canapes.

They no longer just leave them in each cabin. We don't care for them so we never completed the form.

We will be on the Equinox in January. First time cruising. We are booked in an Aquaclass and saw that there have been people that received a bottle of sparkling wine in the room and also canapés each day. I don't see that listed on the celebrity site and was wondering if anyone that has cruised lately in Aquaclass can advise if they have in fact received this? Thanks in advance.

Rose

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not worth the worry.

We were in Aqua last cruise on the Equinox, std Veranda before. And booked on 6 in a std again this yr. yea, 3 in a row on the Equinox! We like her.

Our recent experience has been similar to that of Jelayne. While we had the inexpensive sparkling wine in our stateroom upon our arrival we desired the canapés we needed to complete the request form daily.

Hope you enjoy the Equinox. We have completed five cruises on her and she is one of our favorites.

Frequent cruisers know that it's kind of a game. Celebrity's web site lists perks (and other things) that differ from actual passenger experience. For a very long time, aqua passengers received everything that concierge passengers received plus some things like water. The web site has never said that aqua gets everything in concierge...and of course aqua doesn't get the boarding lunch. The sparkling wine (I'm being kind) is not listed as an aqua perk, but somehow it's always appeared or appeared after asking. One asks because you can often exchange it for something else although that's not posted anywhere...in fact on some cruises they have been know to say that they aren't allowed to exchange it. As I said, it's kind of a game. The wine isn't worth fretting about although the $28 credit towards a better bottle of wine is nice (that' what we seem to get when we ask the sommelier if we could exchange the wine).

I know I've rambled...but you definitely get what's on the web page...and if it's not on the celebrity web page, it may or may not appear.

We received sparkling wine on Equinox in October and on Reflection on January. Canapes as well with each cruise, w/o any request form. We DID request the canapes be switched to shrimp cocktail...which was no hassle. We even got a second bottle of sparkling wine offered by our steward to take to the card room to play dominos. If the wine isn't in your room, just ask. The attendant may be waiting to serve it until a time when you are ready to enjoy it, so he can keep it cold for you.

On our January Silhouette cruise our cabin steward let us know the sparkling wine was available and would be chilled whenever we requested it. Having the drink package we never did ask for it. We asked to exchange the canapés for cheese and crackers which were delivered every day without completing the form, so I guess each ship or at least each cabin steward is a bit different.

On Equinox again in May, so we'll see how it's done then.

On our January Silhouette cruise our cabin steward let us know the sparkling wine was available and would be chilled whenever we requested it. Having the drink package we never did ask for it. We asked to exchange the canapés for cheese and crackers which were delivered every day without completing the form, so I guess each ship or at least each cabin steward is a bit different.

On Equinox again in May, so we'll see how it's done then.

On the Millennium last fall, we merely asked our room steward to bring the canapes ever day - no form required. He was also pleased to exchange our sparkling for an inexpensive still white wine.