Independence April 2018 Drydock

Joe12

Do we know where the drydock will take place? We just came off the Northern Europe one and wondered if her one-time only call at Hamburg was a test run for a potential dry dock there...

Do we know where the drydock will take place? We just came off the Northern Europe one and wondered if her one-time only call at Hamburg was a test run for a potential dry dock there...

Since the dry dock is scheduled for April, it could be before or after her TA from the US to Europe. Typically Freeport in the Caribbean and Cadiz in Europe.

Also, if anyone here has been on Freedom or Liberty since their drydocks, where has become the nightclub since 'Labyrinth' has been lost...

They hold the nightclub function up in VIking Crown.

I seriously doubt they will touch the colour scheme - they never did it with any other ship in drydock!

They definitely did with Explorer staterooms a couple of years back (not the wooden fixtures but the carpets, bedding, curtains, chairs etc.) - looked much nicer afterwards

They definitely did with Explorer staterooms a couple of years back (not the wooden fixtures but the carpets, bedding, curtains, chairs etc.) - looked much nicer afterwards

The color scheme update has only been done on Voyager Class ships up to this point (Explorer, Navigator, Voyager, and probably Mariner and Adventure during their 2018 dry docks).

Unfortunately, during Freedom and Liberty's recent dry docks, their cabins were not refreshed in this same manner. So I wouldn't get my hopes up about Independence's cabins.

Any news on the transatlantic leg? They post it as sold out, but it appears that the dates will be modified and reopened at some point.

If would have read other posts in this thread you would know - there will be no TA for passengers!

They will either rip her apart or finish her up on the TA!

Hi does any one have any idea where they would put the new trampoline park? Please don't say they would remove the mini golf :( Dated cabins I can live with mini golf I can't lol, also does any one know if they will be getting new production shows next year, I am getting fed up of the same ones and the ice shows too, as good as they are.

When is Mariner scheduled for dry dock?

Are they having a SL instead of a CL?

I purposely booked deck 9 next summer to be near the CL.

May 20, 2018 to June 22, 2018. Haven't seen any announcements with regard to the CL or SL.

If would have read other posts in this thread you would know - there will be no TA for passengers!

They will either rip her apart or finish her up on the TA!

Hostile responses are never appropriate. I don't believe anyone with any authority declared there would be NO TA for passengers. I was on a TA where lots of prep was done for an upcoming TA including all new carpeting. The fumes and blocked hallways were a bother, but still the TA proceeded. Where does RCL state the TA is canceled? It still shows "sold out".

Hi does any one have any idea where they would put the new trampoline park? Please don't say they would remove the mini golf :( Dated cabins I can live with mini golf I can't lol, also does any one know if they will be getting new production shows next year, I am getting fed up of the same ones and the ice shows too, as good as they are.

No news pertaining to where the new additions will be located. I'd be surprised if they completely remove mini golf. Maybe relocate it.

Also, Independence just received the Broadway show Grease within the last year. I doubt the other shows will change.

No news pertaining to where the new additions will be located. I'd be surprised if they completely remove mini golf. Maybe relocate it.

Also, Independence just received the Broadway show Grease within the last year. I doubt the other shows will change.

Thanks for the reply, I will just have to hope they do not remove the mini golf, there are far more people who can use it than the proposed trampoline park. I was on the Indy last year and saw grease but they sill had the same production and ice shows as when I previously sailed in 2010, I know they are expensive to change but surely after 7 years they are due to be refreshed!

Hostile responses are never appropriate. I don't believe anyone with any authority declared there would be NO TA for passengers. I was on a TA where lots of prep was done for an upcoming TA including all new carpeting. The fumes and blocked hallways were a bother, but still the TA proceeded. Where does RCL state the TA is canceled? It still shows "sold out".

People booked on the former TA were informed;) - it does not show sold out.....its GONE!;p

You are too late for the party....:D:cool::*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Really excited about this news as booked on a June departure next year then the announcement came out the next day Indy going into dry dock.

Quick question, what are the chances of Indy getting the Splashaway Bay like Liberty did during her refurb ?.

Hi there,

Really excited about this news as booked on a June departure next year then the announcement came out the next day Indy going into dry dock.

Quick question, what are the chances of Indy getting the Splashaway Bay like Liberty did during her refurb ?.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I've not seen any details of any changes during Indy's dry dock, however it would not surprise me to see them add slides and other features they have already added to Liberty.

Hi there, and thanks for taking the time to reply and the welcome :)

Can see that they are adding waterslides, escape room, trampoline park & laser tag. So hoping they will add Splashaway, as my son caught a video of it last night and was just wow. Know they have H2O zone, but splashaway bay looks immense. Not sure what else is planned in the dry dock though as full details not published yet and they may keep some surprises under wraps.