Live – Constellation Singapore – Rome 2017

Jim_Iain

We have just finished a similar cruise on MSC Fantasia. (We are usually Celebrity cruisers). We really enjoyed it, especially Jordan and Petra. Jordan is a beautiful country. The Suez Canal transit was fascinating. We entered the canal at around 6.00 am after a bit of a wait at the entrance. It took all day to transit. Be sure to look out for the amazing bridges and defence monument. Enjoying your posts very much.

We have just finished a similar cruise on MSC Fantasia. (We are usually Celebrity cruisers). We really enjoyed it, especially Jordan and Petra. Jordan is a beautiful country. The Suez Canal transit was fascinating. We entered the canal at around 6.00 am after a bit of a wait at the entrance. It took all day to transit. Be sure to look out for the amazing bridges and defence monument. Enjoying your posts very much.

Thanks Wilma. Really looking forward to Petra. We have a small tour arranged by Jeff. I believe it is a group of 12.

We set sail in about an hour and will be at sea for 5 days. Next stop Jordan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stayed on the ship today and had a hair cut and almost finished my 15 miles of daily walking. I usually don't post many pix of the ship but thought I would post them as a point of reference to compare with after dry dock.

f37280106ee656b9d07a71bf62797c19.jpg

4e9c56fecb0238712503154032dfdb82.jpg

e87d990f7d0ee5d48987b1c2d73efedd.jpg

004b686957e26560b27a6960695acb8c.jpg

b6810ce16665cf22279940ff7000d170.jpg

b5fdc965defe14adbdbb0836dad79e6e.jpg

Are the luminaire menus the same as the MDR?

No the Luminea menus are unique to Luminea. Suite guest can also order items from MDR menu or mix and match.

I believe I posted one earlier. If not will post a couple.

Safe Haven Drill

We are approaching the Gulf Aden and special night time protocol will be in place between sunset and sunrise between April 19 - 23.

Thank you for posting the Safe Haven letter. Very interesting and informative. Glad they take precautions. Would appreciate you posting how the drill goes.

Edited by ecslady

Friday, April 21

Day 2 of 5 at sea. When one looks at the map it is hard to believe the distance between Abu Dhabi and Aqaba is 2,500 miles.

We turned our clocks back last night so everyone including myself were up early. Big surprise was the gym was packed this morning at 7:00 AM.

87a13003a9c93ee5f345cdd2bef69702.jpg

Security is vigilant around the clock as we continue with operation safe haven. It was really windy yesterday but the winds have disappeared and the seas are flat.

092e1fa0decc5ee6f30894fb57c4a2b2.jpg

d27f1c9bb3e200ef816ab18066aee89f.jpg

Megan has arranged live entertainment each sea evening and Michaels Club has been well attended.

e6282847e1c76ae0b904c24583d6817d.jpg

I see a menu for both Ocean liners and Tuscan grill. I thought the Tuscan grill replaces Oceanliners, can you please clarify. Thanks

Norma

They added Tuscan on deck 11 several years ago (before adding Qsine in the same location on all other M class ships). All of the other M class ships have had their deck 3 Murano type restaurants replaced with Tuscan. During the dry dock in May the Ocean Liners restaurant on deck 3 will be replaced with a smaller Qsine plus some number of new cabins.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Very late picking this up but Jim_Iain, do you have to pay for your 'fishy' site or am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes. They charge .99 per alert. Each alert can be numerous cabin levels. You can also tick a box for when cabins are gone or back

Thank you for posting the Safe Haven letter. Very interesting and informative. Glad they take precautions. Would appreciate you posting how the drill goes.

Drill was very relaxed. We were in Michaels club. You only had to be away from the window near the bar. Total exercise was less than 15 minutes and all passengers had to get off the decks 4,11 and 12.

Last evening all the smoking areas were closed and one was created in front of stage. With most of the deck lights off and others turned down star gazing from the open areas was spectacular.

I see a menu for both Ocean liners and Tuscan grill. I thought the Tuscan grill replaces Oceanliners, can you please clarify. Thanks

Norma

I initially thought the same but it will Quizine and a bunch of cabins. I would have to believe will be al least 1/2 of current size. In my opinion a real mistake by Celebrity.

Drill was very relaxed. We were in Michaels club. You only had to be away from the window near the bar. Total exercise was less than 15 minutes and all passengers had to get off the decks 4,11 and 12.

Last evening all the smoking areas were closed and one was created in front of stage. With most of the deck lights off and others turned down star gazing from the open areas was spectacular.

are you allowed out on your balcony at night if the lights are off and curtains closed?

are you allowed out on your balcony at night if the lights are off and curtains closed?

Absolutely not. No one permitted on decks or balconies between 6 pm and 6 am. This is for our safety. This is protocol for all cruise lines.

In 2008 a Oceania Nautical was attacked and the Pirates opened fire on the ship with AK47 rifles. Couple yeas before on another ship pirates launched rocket propelled Hernanes at the ship.

While Constellation is a much larger and faster ship most on board respect the precautions. Last evening we saw three people go under the barriers and out onto deck 12. They were promptly reprimanded.

Absolutely not. No one permitted on decks or balconies between 6 pm and 6 am. This is for our safety. This is protocol for all cruise lines.

In 2008 a Oceania Nautical was attacked and the Pirates opened fire on the ship with AK47 rifles. Couple yeas before on another ship pirates launched rocket propelled Hernanes at the ship.

While Constellation is a much larger and faster ship most on board respect the precautions. Last evening we saw three people go under the barriers and out onto deck 12. They were promptly reprimanded.

Interesting. The live thread in November said you could use your own deck so wanted to see what your drill said.

Interesting. The live thread in November said you could use your own deck so wanted to see what your drill said.

That is interesting. On the pool deck you can't even closer than the open central open space. Loungers are stacked to make a barricade. We are currently in smoking area and almost pitch black

ec52ce0d9a61bdfb61143c39aa2bc35e.jpg