Foolish Things Said on an Oceania Cruise

UDSpud

I have said some foolish things on past Oceania cruises, but the following Caribbean cruise statement of mine may be hard for readers to top.

On the Riviera for the March 6th thorough March 17th cruise I found myself in the Terrace for dinner. the wife, wisely, was somewhere else. After getting some food, I started to look for a place to eat. In the section near the entrance, there was a lady alone at a table for two, at an excellent location,by the window and the small curtain and black metal divider behind her. Since she was the only one in the entire section, I decided to be funny (mostly) and polite (somewhat) and asked her "may I sit in your section? She smiled an said yes or sure. (This later turned out to be Colleen Williamson, the feature singer for two evenings entertainment in the Riviera Lounge.)

Fast forward. Slightly later in the cruise, again a slow night at the Terrace, my wife and I were just finishing dinner. She decided to get a little more desert. Again the section was empty except for us sitting at the same great two person table (IMO). I see the Master (Captain), Mr. Dimitrois Floros coming with a plate of food into this otherwise empty section. I stood and offered him our table and said ...

"This is a great location with an excellent view of the ocean".

After a strange look on his face, I realized what I had said and to whom. I then got a strange look on my face. He offered a thanks, but moved on to another table in the section and was joined by his guest. (It could have been worse, he could have said "I have a pretty good view of the ocean from the bridge")

Feel free to try and top this foolish statement.

I don't know that I would categorize your statement as "foolish". There HAVE been threads here before about foolish comments heard on board ships (not necessarily Oceania ships) ... wish I had a link to them. Some are quite hilarious.

I think one was along the lines of "Celebrity is misnamed because there aren't any celebrities on board" ...;p

Mura

I have said some foolish things on past Oceania cruises, but the following Caribbean cruise statement of mine may be hard for readers to top.

On the Riviera for the March 6th thorough March 17th cruise I found myself in the Terrace for dinner. the wife, wisely, was somewhere else. After getting some food, I started to look for a place to eat. In the section near the entrance, there was a lady alone at a table for two, at an excellent location,by the window and the small curtain and black metal divider behind her. Since she was the only one in the entire section, I decided to be funny (mostly) and polite (somewhat) and asked her "may I sit in your section? She smiled an said yes or sure. (This later turned out to be Colleen Williamson, the feature singer for two evenings entertainment in the Riviera Lounge.)

Fast forward. Slightly later in the cruise, again a slow night at the Terrace, my wife and I were just finishing dinner. She decided to get a little more desert. Again the section was empty except for us sitting at the same great two person table (IMO). I see the Master (Captain), Mr. Dimitrois Floros coming with a plate of food into this otherwise empty section. I stood and offered him our table and said ...

After a strange look on his face, I realized what I had said and to whom. I then got a strange look on my face. He offered a thanks, but moved on to another table in the section and was joined by his guest. (It could have been worse, he could have said "I have a pretty good view of the ocean from the bridge")

Dimitris is a very good friend and Im sure he got a kick out of your comment he has a great sense of humor..

Jancruz1

Does not seem foolish at all to me. Sounds nice and friendly as we all should try to be but some people don't. Good for you. :):)