Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

17 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:
Enter the cabin number 853 Enter the Category E

Enter your CC user name

xrvlcruiser

Enter the date sailed 1/5/20 Select the appropriate value Select the appropriate value   Select the appropriate value

State the bathing configuration

shower/no tub

Specify any noise problems, if any no noise Would you recommend this cabin to a friend? yes Enter any good, bad, ugly facts about the cabin, or anything special about the cabin or the location.everything was fine

xrvlcruiser - was this Voyager or Mariner?

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2017 at 1:31 PM, UUNetBill said:

To submit your rating and comments, please use the following template and paste the information in a reply - I'll paste the information into the master listings as time allows. Remember, the more folks contribute, the more useful this will be!

PLEASE BE SURE AND SPECIFY WHICH SHIP YOU WERE ON! I could probably figure it out but it's a LOT easier to know up front!

CC Rating Template.xls 32.5 kB · 393 downloads

Bill, here is my review of our Splendor suite

160380534_CCRatingTemplate - Splendor.xls

20 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Mike, got ya, thanks!  Appreciate you taking the time to stuff all four (five?) of these into the template for us.

It was five. Two of them were on the Voyager in the same room  in 2019 & 2020. Our Feb 2020 cruise got cancelled 10 days into the voyage, due to the Corona virus, while we were in Bangkok. It was a big disappointment. However, we were very lucky that Regent made that decision. We were able to get home before various countries started quarantining cruise ships and passengers!

Looking forward to Dubai to Istanbul on the Mariner in April 2021!

Thanks for doing the SuiteGuru.

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2017 at 4:31 PM, UUNetBill said:

To submit your rating and comments, please use the following template and paste the information in a reply - I'll paste the information into the master listings as time allows. Remember, the more folks contribute, the more useful this will be!

PLEASE BE SURE AND SPECIFY WHICH SHIP YOU WERE ON! I could probably figure it out but it's a LOT easier to know up front!

CC Rating Template.xls 32.5 kB · 406 downloads

UUNet Bill's CCRatingTemplate.xls

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

FrequentFloater333 - thanks for the input, very helpful!  Sorry for the delay, I was kind of on vacation last week (not a cruise, obviously).

No worries, Bill.  Happy to pitch in, and in the future, I'll try to be a bit less lazy about sending you a report.  Keep up the good work!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 7/10/2021 at 3:13 PM, Jlhalldc said:

Can't wait to see folks sending their input once again. And can't wait until WE are cruising once again! Thanks for doing this Bill!

I couldn't agree more - I've already even drafted up a new sheet for Grandeur.  Can't wait to be out on the seas again...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

CC Rating Template.xls 32.5 kB · 524 downloads

Splendor - suite 1207

160380534_CCRatingTemplate.xls

Bill, information on 2 suites on Splendor, September 11-October 6.

Splendor, 821, PHB, sigh14, September 2021, Starboard, Fwd, 1 bath, shower, intermittent banging noise, which was unlatched pocket doors in unoccupied suites, yes, would recommend, very convenient location, larger balcony, new 2-door closet configuration works better than PH’s on Explorer. Excellent shower.

Because of noise issue, we were moved to—Splendor, 1009, Splendor Suite, sigh14, September 2021, Starboard, Fwd, 1 1/2 baths, shower, no noise issues, yes, would recommend, comments: terrible closet (small, not enough room for hanging pants and dresses), shower not as good as in PH. Larger balcony. This suite is under the Culinary Kitchen, no noise issues.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, briar14 said:

Bill, information on 2 suites on Splendor, September 11-October 6.

Splendor, 821, PHB, sigh14, September 2021, Starboard, Fwd, 1 bath, shower, intermittent banging noise, which was unlatched pocket doors in unoccupied suites, yes, would recommend, very convenient location, larger balcony, new 2-door closet configuration works better than PH’s on Explorer. Excellent shower.

Because of noise issue, we were moved to—Splendor, 1009, Splendor Suite, sigh14, September 2021, Starboard, Fwd, 1 1/2 baths, shower, no noise issues, yes, would recommend, comments: terrible closet (small, not enough room for hanging pants and dresses), shower not as good as in PH. Larger balcony. This suite is under the Culinary Kitchen, no noise issues.

Forgot to include that the Splendor suite, 1009, has a walk-in shower and a jetted tub.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 3:03 PM, grandmommy987 said:

Thanks so very much for keeping the suite guru up to date.

Does the Mariner have a door to the bedroom, or only a curtain?

Or both?

I appreciate any info.

@grandmommy987 I'm assuming you mean the Mariner suites on (of course) Mariner...which appear to have a double door between the living area and the bedroom.  But it's been eight years and quite a few cruises since I sailed in one - I'll dig through some old pics if I can find them.  Perhaps someone else who has sailed in one can chime in?  

On 10/27/2021 at 3:03 PM, grandmommy987 said:

Thanks so very much for keeping the suite guru up to date.

Does the Mariner have a door to the bedroom, or only a curtain?

Or both?

I appreciate any info.

4 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

@grandmommy987 I'm assuming you mean the Mariner suites on (of course) Mariner...which appear to have a double door between the living area and the bedroom.  But it's been eight years and quite a few cruises since I sailed in one - I'll dig through some old pics if I can find them.  Perhaps someone else who has sailed in one can chime in?  

Huh.  I guess ask and ye shall receive - here's a link to a few photos I took of the suite (917) in 2013.  Keep in mind that the decor and soft goods may have changed but the basic layout is still the same, I'm sure.

Doors and curtains it is!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/muSBrNw4SSjXWoi99

CC Rating Template.xls 32.5 kB · 539 downloads

Splendor 747.xls