Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

Mariner 873 Cat E starboard. Close to the aft elevators, but it's right near a through hallway to the port side cabins, and the cabin attendants park their carts in this area. They also tend to gather and around the carts and may at times be somewhat loud. I wouldn't book this cabin again.

In 2016 on the Explorer for 20 days we were in suite 926 which is mid ship port (F1 category.) Excellent cabin in a good location. The balcony is the more narrow one but still fine for two people. The F1 category is probably the best value on the Explorer.

The location is midway between elevators. Highly recommend this suite.

On the Explorer in 2017 in E 766. Port side aft. The suite itself is great as are all F, E and D cabins. However the location of 766 is aft of the rear elevator. Unfortunately that elevator and staircase do not go all the way down to deck 4. For that reason I would not recommend 766 or any cabin aft of the rear elevator.

50 minutes ago, thomastoo said:

As of December 16th I do not see the posts for Explorer 766 and 926. Am I missing something?

I believe so.  They’re both in the spreadsheet.  Be aware that there’s a tab for each individual deck.  At the bottom, you’ll see them.  Click on which deck you want to view.

Bill,

Here's our entry for our recent cruise on Voyager:

Cabin # Category              Reviewed By      Mo/Yr Reviewed              Port/Starboard/Mid       Fwd/Mid/Aft     Sq Ft (if known) Cabin/Balcony   # Bathrooms      Tub/Shower/Both/Combination               Noise issues?     Recommend?                Comments/positives/negatives/concerns

818         PH B       Portolan               12/2018                Port       Fwd       Suite: 320 ft2 (30 m2), Balcony: 50 ft2 (5 m2)        1 Bathroom                Tub & Shower   No noise              Yes         PH B (and PH A) on Voyager aren’t much larger than the C-H suites (which all have the same interior layout, including PH C), but are a more usable layout.  Note that my following comments are of an unrefurbished PH B since these were excluded from Voyager’s most recent drydock when the H-C suites were redone.  There is a lot of storage space (outside of the closet…more there): shelves on the side above the desk, three drawers beside the desk plus one drawer above the desk kneehole.  Glassware is in a dedicated cabinet in the sitting area which also supports the expresso machine.  The only downside at present is that these suites have not been refreshed for some time and wear is showing on the carpet and cabinetry.

Bill,

I stand corrected on whether or not this suite on the Voyager had been refurbished in 2016...apparently it was though it hasn't worn very well.  So, please use this edited text for my description:

PH B (and PH A) on Voyager isn't much larger than the C-H suites (which all have the same interior layout, including PH C), but is a more usable layout.  There is a lot of storage space (outside of the closet…even more there): shelves on the side above the desk, three drawers beside the desk plus one drawer above the desk kneehole.  Glassware is in a dedicated cabinet in the sitting area which also supports the expresso machine.  The only downside to this suite was that it showed wear inconsistent with being refurbished two years ago: the carpet was stained (and apparently couldn't be cleaned; pieces of carpet were also coming off the baseboard next to the bed).

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year, Bill and hope you have an enjoyable cruise.

Attached are suite reviews for our last two cruises - one tab for Explorer and one for Mariner:

RSSC Suite ratings_flossie_Dec 18.xls

Also an extra bit of feedback from our cruise on Explorer:

A couple we met during the cruise were moved from Suite 1215 (D Concierge) due to noise from the Culinary Kitchen below; speakers in the ceiling of the Culinary Kitchen meant that the occupants of 1215 felt they were part of any class being held!!

Apparently the Executive Concierge admitted a number of complaints from suites positioned both above and below the Culinary Kitchen. So beware of those suites 😮 , especially if you like to spend time in your suite relaxing during the day.

Hi Bill, here is a 3-fer from our current cruise on Mariner. Thanks for putting it together.

Suite: 897

Typical suite layout. Head of bed faces aft. Bathroom has tub/shower combination. Tub is narrow and short.  Requires a large step up. Ceiling is low. Feels very unsafe. Closet space is adequate. Moved to a different suite due to low ceiling – kept hitting head on the ceiling (6’ tall). Occasional vibration (shaking) when underway a certain speeds.

Suite: 883

Typical suite layout. Head of bed faces bow. Bathroom has shower only. Closet space is adequate. Occasional vibration (shaking) when underway at certain speeds.

Suite: 891

Typical suite layout. Head of bed faces bow. Bathroom has shower only. Closet space is adequate. Occasional vibration (shaking) when underway at certain speeds.

WIreless APs:

If wireless connections are important, here are the location of the visible Wireless Access Point locations on Deck 8. I’d expect the locations to be similar on other decks. Overall, wireless connections a strong in most public spaces.

Nearest Suite:

Regards

Explorer 

Suite 816

Sailed Dec 2018

Noise - occasional door banging during the day from 2 service doors across the hall but otherwise very quiet

Comments - It is a lovely cabin, great location as it is close to the forward stairs and elevators and is almost equal distance up or down for walking to public areas, lots of storage, has the larger angled balcony, bathroom is wonderful with both a separate tub and shower and plenty of storage, closet is spacious, comfortable for having room service for 2 for breakfast and lunch, did not have dinner in, great having the bed facing the windows, If the balcony door isn't shut tightly then there could be some whistling but easily fixed by giving it a good slam. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 12:58 PM, 1982CruzStart said:

I thought on Bill's spreadsheet it says what class of suite it is so that is why i didn't post it. Explorer 816  is an F2.  

The infamous F2 - my personal nominee for 'Best Bang for the Buck' on Explorer.  I love those suites.

• Like 1