Age Restrictions

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2017 at 4:10 PM, lovestocruise19 said:

My husband's niece wants to book a Carnival cruise. I just did a payment for my cruise today and it said this in fine print on the bottom:

* If the primary traveler in your room is 24 or under, you will need to add a cruiser who’s 25 or older to your cabin.

* If the primary traveler in your room is 24 or under, you will need to add a cruiser who’s 25 or older to She is 24. So does this mean she can't book a cabin by herself?

I went and tried to look under Carnival's minor policy and found this:

Minor Guest Policy. Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. ... Guests who are 21 to 24 years of age may travel with their minor children.

Minor Guest Policy. Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their That seems to contradict the first rule. Can anyone shed some light on this? Can she, in fact, at age 24, book a cabin by herself?

How did this end up turning out? We have 8 people booked and paid for a cruise in May and came across the same message after payment. Everyone is over 21 and 3 are over 25. 

Edited by Aggieko

On 4/1/2017 at 6:40 PM, lovestocruise19 said:

I just found it strange to see that new message about 24 and under would need someone 25 and older. I will have to call to be sure obviously, but thought I'd get people's opinions or see if anyone had any similar experiences.

It has been that way for a long time now.   My grand daugter was 18 months old for her first cruise.    her parents were 21 at the time.  THey would not let her be booked IN the cabin with her parents as neither one was 25+ 

28 minutes ago, serene56 said:

It has been that way for a long time now.   My grand daugter was 18 months old for her first cruise.    her parents were 21 at the time.  THey would not let her be booked IN the cabin with her parents as neither one was 25+ 

If that is true, Carnival wasn't following their own policy.  The FAQ states this:

"Guests who are 21 to 24 years of age may travel with their minor children."

Age restriction FAQ

And again, this was resolved a long time ago in this necro-thread:

"Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. "

Basically: Assuming you are traveling as a set of two people (no other relatives involved), if you are 21 to 24 years old, you cannot have someone under 21 in your cabin, unless you are married to them or they are your child.

1 hour ago, Aggieko said:

How did this end up turning out? We have 8 people booked and paid for a cruise in May and came across the same message after payment. Everyone is over 21 and 3 are over 25. 

If everyone is over 21, there is no issue.  That message comes up as a matter of routine.  Booked and paid, good to go.

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

Prog Rock. That policy was not in effect back then.   Kids were not allowed to be booked in their own cabins  as a parent needed to boom in with them.    I am glad they changed the rules 

Ah, OK.  I have no idea how old your children/grand-kids are now, so this could have easily been last year.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, lovestocruise19 said:

My husband's niece wants to book a Carnival cruise. I just did a payment for my cruise today and it said this in fine print on the bottom:

* If the primary traveler in your room is 24 or under, you will need to add a cruiser who’s 25 or older to your cabin.

* If the primary traveler in your room is 24 or under, you will need to add a cruiser who’s 25 or older to She is 24. So does this mean she can't book a cabin by herself?

I went and tried to look under Carnival's minor policy and found this:

Minor Guest Policy. Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. ... Guests who are 21 to 24 years of age may travel with their minor children.

Minor Guest Policy. Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their That seems to contradict the first rule. Can anyone shed some light on this? Can she, in fact, at age 24, book a cabin by herself?

If you are married, or in the Military, or unmarried with kids, or married with kids traveling without spouse, than you can book your vacation with no issues, if you are between 21 and 25.  All others can not book their vacations.  The reason is that people that have little kids, or in the military are responsible and/or risk court martial if misbehaving. 

6 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Ah, OK.  I have no idea how old your children/grand-kids are now, so this could have easily been last year.

true--  she is 12 now and that happened when she was 18 months.  I pitched a fit for many months after too.   Now kids can cruise in the cabin across the hall from parents