Are dinner times changed if you leave late in the evening from Juneau or Ketchikan?

seadancer

This might sound weird but when the Infinity leaves port late in the evening (Icy straight point, Juneau and Ketchikan) around 10, 8, & 8:30, does the ship change the dinner times so we can go to Blu or a specialty restaurant to eat?

We know we can go to the buffet but in ISP, we arrive at 3:30 and go on an excursion at 4 that will last 3.5 hours. We would be returning between 7:30-8. We would rather eat at a sit down restaurant on the ship, rather than at the buffet.

Anyway, I guess it's not the end of the world![emoji4] I was just hoping for suggestions. One idea we had was ordering room service before we dock and take some sandwiches on the excursion to tide us over.

Thank you!

I have never seen the dining times changes based on later port departures. For *me* the dining is a low priority on an Alaska cruise (actually on many of my cruises). But I do take note of the dining times in the daily info sheets that come to my room each day.

Sounds like our itinerary as well. We will either eat on shore, or just go to the buffet when we return.

I am interested in restaurant reviews for Ketchikan as we will have more free time there outside of excursions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One idea we had was ordering room service before we dock and take some sandwiches on the excursion to tide us over.

Most cruise lines I'm familiar with don't let you take food off the ship. You should probably check that.

Based on my one Alaska cruise on HAL, they did not change the dining times.

You can only take pre-packaged (Cereal on board or crackers/nuts/granola bars etc. that you bring from home) food off of the ship.

With that said, I have read CC reviews where people took off sandwiches - proud of getting away with something. I have seen bins of fruit on the gang plank that people tried to sneak off...

My experience with Princess (Panama Canal, Mediterranean) when we got in late from excursions-they did open seating-rare but it did/does happen.

It's nice to sit down for a nice hot meal after touring all day! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for your input! I guess we'll eat lunch late and hope it lasts us until after 7:30. It might not be a big deal, it's just that we will be on the excursion from 4-7:30 and we usually eat at 6. We'll adjust! [emoji41]