Balcony dividers on Anthem

We are sailing April 9th on Anthem, have two rooms booked for us and the kids (grand suite and balcony room). They are next to each other, we couldn't get connecting room at the time we booked. My question is... can the balcony divider be opened so we can at least share one balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing April 9th on Anthem, have two rooms booked for us and the kids (grand suite and balcony room). They are next to each other, we couldn't get connecting room at the time we booked. My question is... can the balcony divider be opened so we can at least share one balcony?

The balcony divider can open, with the approval of ship's management.

• 2 weeks later...
The balcony divider can open, with the approval of ship's management.

Thanks how does one go about getting the approval can you get that before you depart

we have 3 joining rooms and would like to have a single balcony

which when we booked got told could be done now just need it done

thanks

Thanks how does one go about getting the approval can you get that before you depart

thanks

No, you cannot get approval pre-cruise. Just ask your stateroom attendant.

Just ask your room attendant -- that's what we did. Funny, it seems to be (withmy experience) a RCCL thing that they will do that -- NCL, and Disney won't. But their dividers are weird -- the divider was more like a door with a door frame, so if opened, you have to step over the frame.

thanks

As has been mentioned just as the cabin attendant and most likely it will be done. However, realize the entire dividers do not open only about half so it is more of an opening between balconies that you can walk through.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I posted "YES" to this very same question about a year ago and was flamed by some top and long time posters, not BOB, that I was ill informed and the only way the balcony could be open was with a hack saw.

I know that this new ship has not seen any rehab and it makes me feel good that this post came up.

I hope those ignorant posters are reading this. Many are still active, but have not posted, nor flamed on this thread.

So, yes, those balcony doors can be opened on Anthem.:halo:

There's a part of me that would like the divider not able to be opened. My brother has the room next to our on an upcoming cruise. ;-)

One of the reasons I like the first gen Voyager class ships.:)

Same thing with us. We had 2 rooms just last march. When we first met our attendant when we first got access to our rooms, he asked us if we had any requests, and the divider was one of them. There was no hesitation at all or mention of getting approval. He just said, "yes sir, no problem.", And it was done by the time we came back from muster.

dp