legit sale today! saved 125!

I had originally booked mine direct w/RCL. I found it through one of the online TAs that CC has on their "Find a Cruise" link above for $100 less PP ($500 less total), and I got $100 OBC on top of the price difference. Needless to say I canceled the direct and rebooked w/the TA. I also was able to confirm that I can change the person traveling up to 10 days before the cruise w/no penalty and after that its $50, which is good since one of the tickets is for my college son's GF and while they have been dating for some time you never know . . . the TA rep actually brought it up before I asked b/c she had older kids and completely understood the dynamics.

I have only sailed on Carnival in the past (only because the cost was lower and we were always on a tight budget), but we decided to finally try Royal Caribbean this year in October on Allure of the Seas. I booked in January when they were running the kids sail free sale. I have since been checking prices to see if the price would drop, and I couldn't believe the price difference. It is about $1150 higher right now. I have been wondering if I got a good deal and now I am starting to think I did!!! How often does Royal run those kids sail free sales? If I like Royal I would like to go back next year but I can't afford the prices I see right now. I am so excited to try a different line with some new activities and shows.

After reading about all the price changes, I decided to check on my 29th April sailing on the Anthem. No prices shown. All sold out. Is this normal for a sailing? That's a lot of people. I was on the Anthem in Sep of 2016 and it was great. Looking forward to her again.

After reading about all the price changes, I decided to check on my 29th April sailing on the Anthem. No prices shown. All sold out. Is this normal for a sailing? That's a lot of people. I was on the Anthem in Sep of 2016 and it was great. Looking forward to her again.

I don't think it's uncommon for a sailing to be sold out with only 3 weeks to go.

LOL, I've been tracking the Navigator cruise that sails on Black Friday this year. Every time I get a "Sale-Mail" I do a mock booking. On April Fools' Day it was $109 per person/day, and today's sale was $155 per person/day. Same balcony cabin on Deck 6.

I'm hoping I can get the former price if or when I actually pay a deposit. Waiting for final payment date and family news first.

A balcony cabin on Independence 8 nights Norwegian Fjords was 1,810 USD per person (already ridiculously high, in the past we always paid about 1,100 max per person for similar cruises) before the current sale.

Now it is 1,960 per person already including the great deal of every third night free.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We leave Labor Day weekend - maybe because it's hurricane season??

Your savings is much higher since you are sailing on a new ship, Harmony, and in a suite. Since the sale is discounting days and your daily rate in a suite is much higher than what someone pays for a balcony, you would expect your savings to be higher.

act now for the 100 hour sale! few days ago i got 1894 for my trip. today is 2162 plus 200 credit!

as an aside, i guess the half price deposit sale isnt often. i havent seen it since i booked in FEB

I called re: my existing 2018 reservation on Jewel and - although the base price went up $100 - I was able to get a $75 pp OBC credit which lowered the overall price by $50 (better than nothing;-)

Just ran our May 2018 Norway fjords cruise on our TAs site with the "sale". almost $700 more that we are paying based of the old 30% off sale when we booked onboard the Millenium a few weeks ago and transfered it to our TA this week.

The "new" sale actually lowered prices so I decided to book it. Navigator 9-night, Black Friday 2017 sailing went back to $109 per person/ per day after a couple of days at $155 pp/pd.

Funny, I screwed up and somehow booked the exact same cruise for 2018, but a year later and a day earlier. Royal's phone lines were very busy but I got my reservation moved back to 2017.