Spa: Do they push the extra products like other lines?

Knighton

A true story. A friend of ours booked a couple of spa treatments on a 7 day Golden Princess Mexican Riviera cruise--back when Golden was doing those. We warned her to have her sales resistance on but when all was said and done she had charged more than $1,000 in product--more than she paid for the cruise.

LOL. How much 'art' did she buy?

Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which product is it? Maybe one of us pushovers has it in our bathroom cabinet gathering dust ;p

I love the spa treatments but avoid them now because of the sales pitch. Pro tip: don't go to a spa treatment after a few drinks. Sales resistance will be nonexistent...

I always have two spa treatments when I cruise and before they start I tell them I am very happy with the products I use at home I am not interested in purchasing any of the products they are planning to use on me so please don't ask me to. Sometimes I will ask for the list and if I am interested I will come back and buy. No one ever pushes me to buy. I think they think I will bite there head off if they do.

Yes, they do. I have purchased Elemis products because I wanted them, not because I felt intimidated. Yes, they are pricey, but I Love Them and they last a very long time. [emoji3]I am in search of some more on the internet and they no longer have the ones I'm interested in [emoji31]

I've purchased an Elemis skin cream and a La Therapie facial cleanser I like online at Amazon and TimeToSpa. Neither offer discounts :(, although the latter has sales from time to time.

I've pretty much given up getting spa treatments on cruises. I feel really intimidated by the pushy sales tactics they use when you get a treatment. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on skin care or so called "weight loss" detox products I'll never use and I got tired of feeling guilty about saying no thanks. I even got to the point of lying on the intake sheet (not mentioning health concerns and medication) so they'd quit finding reasons I should buy all this extra stuff. I've never tried the spa on Princess cruises. Are they just as bad as the other lines? I'd love to get a massage on my upcoming cruise, but it really kills the good feeling a massage gives me when they start selling stuff.

You could tell them when the massage starts that every time they try to push something, their tip goes down. Then when they do believe what you say, the first time they try to push something, respond w "your tip just got cut in half".

Might work.

DON

At the start of any hairdressing appointment I politely enough tell them that I don't find sales tactics relaxing and that if they do it I will walk out and never come back. Seems to work.

I've purchased an Elemis skin cream and a La Therapie facial cleanser I like online at Amazon and TimeToSpa. Neither offer discounts :(, although the latter has sales from time to time.

Thank you for the recommendation for TimetoSpa [emoji2]