Luggage valet anybody

If you're flying Southwest using luggage valet, because there are no seat assignments, I highly recommend the purchase of Southwest's Early Bird boarding for the return trip. There's no telling how late the ship will check you in and this way they're just printing your already checked-in boarding passes.

Southwest has two free bags per person. So put all four bags with those two people and then pay for two Luggage Valet. If you want to pay an extra $50 for two more boarding passes and spread the bags over four people you can, but it is cheaper to print them the way debitoo did.

You can do the same thing for two people traveling with two bags - pay for one Luggage Valet and have ship generate one boarding pass. Other person gets their own another way. Most airlines you can just print a boarding pass at the airport. Southwest doesn't use seat reservations, so that is a whole different issue.

Thanks. I get it now, so luggage valet charges per person. So if one person check in two pieces of luggage we just pay for 2 pieces through the airline but one fee for the luggage valet.

I tried googling if luggage valet is provided for flights into Canada through Air Canada, getting conflicting answers. I guess we wont find out till we are on the ship.

Thanks. I get it now, so luggage valet charges per person. So if one person check in two pieces of luggage we just pay for 2 pieces through the airline but one fee for the luggage valet.

I tried googling if luggage valet is provided for flights into Canada through Air Canada, getting conflicting answers. I guess we wont find out till we are on the ship.

I did not see Air Canada on the list of airlines who participate in Luggage Valet at Port Everglades.

I did not see Air Canada on the list of airlines who participate in Luggage Valet at Port Everglades.

Yup the link you provided didnt show Air Canada. We are going to be at Cape Liberty. Air Canada participates on some of the ships, but its not consistent :(

I've thought about using it in the past but have not because of the unlikely possibility of my bags being lost.

There have been some horror stories on here of people having their bags lost and not having a way to track their bags because of a third party being involved.

Yup the link you provided didnt show Air Canada. We are going to be at Cape Liberty. Air Canada participates on some of the ships, but its not consistent :(

To my knowledge, only ships returning to Port Canaveral and Port Everglades participate in Luggage Valet.

To my knowledge, only ships returning to Port Canaveral and Port Everglades participate in Luggage Valet.

:eek: thanks Bob

I suppose we will have a find a company to store our luggage then, our flight is in the evening.

I've thought about using it in the past but have not because of the unlikely possibility of my bags being lost.

There have been some horror stories on here of people having their bags lost and not having a way to track their bags because of a third party being involved.

Well, back in the day when RC offered airfare (not today's choice air) we used it whenever they had a better rate than on your own.... like $150 round trip PHX-MIA ...can you imagine getting to your departure airport and giving your luggage to the porter, with cruise tags attached and then not seeing them until they arrived in your cabin 2 days later?

So far we have used luggage valet twice, both times no problems, well that is until our airline lost one bag....it was found 4 hours later and delivered to our house the next morning.

Luggage valet is a great service!

Luggage Valet is the best thing ever! We didnt have to do the bag hunt after our cruise, just went to the Mobile Passport line and we were in our cab 15 min after leaving the ship. Right to secuity, no waiting around to check in our bags. The most stressfree end to our trip ever!.

We did notice that the tracking numbers for our bags were listed with our boarding pass so you can track your luggage if it goes missing.

We will always use this service anytime we can.

• 1 month later...
I'm flying on JetBlue out of FLL and have already prepaid for my luggage when I paid for my ticket. Will Luggage Valet still charge me for my luggage?

No.

Does Luggage Valet only work for nonstop flights?

No, it works for flights with connections too.

Anyone had trouble with Pre-Check not printing on the boarding passes RCI prints for you?

Once we had TSA PRE and I used a old printer to print the boarding pass. It would not scan at the security line, so they would not allow us to use the TSA PRE line. Since then I always re-print the boarding pass at the airport.

On our last Allure sailing we used the free luggage valet for suites......... (August 2016)

Well kinda free, some where along the line from RCI picking up the luggage outside the room to our final destination (Cleveland) someone stole a pair of MK sandals, now why they only selected to steal those ..............................

Now back to using the TSA locks.

But I guess if someone wants in a bag bad enough they probably can get in anyway.

Safe travels