Room service charges May 2017

Malcolm142

We have never had a problem with room service breakfast not turning up (more or less!) on time. I think once it was 5 mins "late" ..and once it was a bit early and woke us up! You chose a 15 minute slot, so if you are worried at all, just chose a slightly earlier time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thankyou and to Mandy Lennon too (can't seem to multi quote on my phone!) sounds well organised

As the OP I was trying to find out what people thought of the future price rises in May or possibly P&O charging for all items on room service.

The good or bad service provided to customers and whether it is delivered 5 minutes late does not help move the topic forward

Thanks

As the OP I was trying to find out what people thought of the future price rises in May or possibly P&O charging for all items on room service.

The good or bad service provided to customers and whether it is delivered 5 minutes late does not help move the topic forward

Thanks

Well sorry but I thought I'd move the subject away a bit from tipping which the thread was starting to do.

Threads often evolve a bit and I found the information provided helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually OP, I think it does help move the topic forward as whether people actually use Room Service or are happy with the service and/or the range offered certainly does have an impact on whether they are prepared to pay any extra for it - thus addressing your question.

Actually OP, I think it does help move the topic forward as whether people actually use Room Service or are happy with the service and/or the range offered certainly does have an impact on whether they are prepared to pay any extra for it - thus addressing your question.

Makes a lot of sense....if room service is "good" then I would be much more likely to use for more than just breakfast, and pay a small amount for the privilege. And if they offered a hot cooked breakfast for a small extra charge then I would have it more often!

Makes a lot of sense....if room service is "good" then I would be much more likely to use for more than just breakfast, and pay a small amount for the privilege.

I would guess room service is something P&O want to offer, as it looks good in the brochure.

However it is something they would prefer people didn't actually use, at it is resource intensive to deliver.

Surely until we see the new Room Service Menus it is hard to give an opinion. I doubt that there will be a charge just for using Room Service. What I imagine there will be is a re-hash of what is on offer on the Menu and, like now, some more Premium items will incur a charge. I don't see any problem with this. Assuming there are items which don't have a charge then no one will be forced to pay. Let's wait and see what the new Menus are then we can have a discussion. At the moment we are discussing an unknown.

We have room service deliver coffee every morning, occasionally have breakfast delivered too. We tip £2, save our coins during the year for this.

We've always found them very prompt & polite.

If you look at the pre-existing items, the ones that are chargeable tend to be cooked items which are generally expected to be hot when you eat them. I suspect that P&O are attempting to expand on the hot cooked items range. This would in my opinion improve breakfast and ease the "Buffet Bundle" in the morning, thus giving an opportunity for improvement there too. The current free of charge items are likely to remain so. Delivery of hot items to cabins requires a lot more input from staff than turning up with a huge trolley of cold items which you can take time to deliver to a comparitively wide geographical group of cabins.

Regards John

Hi everyone , newbie here. I do not think we will be ordering room service and we are not getting a balcony or even a porthole but if we did do you pay in £'s always? thanks

All payments on board go on your on board account. If you want to tip the waiter who brings the food £ coins are one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

All payments on board go on your on board account. If you want to tip the waiter who brings the food £ coins are one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ok thank you, will take some with us ;)