Ruby - Shared Restaurant

Jeter02

For those who have the opportunity to try the Curtis Stone Shared Restaurant on board, what was your thoughts? Was it worth the $39 cover charge? Is it an over abundance of food like you get at Crown Grill? Thank you in advance for your input.

Well worth the cover charge. Not too much food... actually our table wanted to try an extra entree and they upcharged for it, after asking us of course.

I can still taste the wild mushroom dish.... drooooool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those who have the opportunity to try the Curtis Stone Shared Restaurant on board, what was your thoughts? Was it worth the $39 cover charge? Is it an over abundance of food like you get at Crown Grill? Thank you in advance for your input.

There are a few threads with good info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2347030&highlight=share

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2418067&highlight=share

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2473906&highlight=share

Well worth the cover charge. Not too much food... actually our table wanted to try an extra entree and they upcharged for it, after asking us of course.

I can still taste the wild mushroom dish.... drooooool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are there tables for sharing with people if you are a solo cruising? I'd like to give it a try but I don't want to be seated with a couple that are having an anniversary! Awkward!

SHARE: Some love it. Some hate it. Some are totally "meh" about it. The only way you will really know is to try it yourself. The menu doesn't appeal to me but others find it fantastic.

Are there tables for sharing with people if you are a solo cruising? I'd like to give it a try but I don't want to be seated with a couple that are having an anniversary! Awkward!

Nothing to do with sharing tables.

I understood that, this isn't my first rodeo... I meant do they large tables like they do in the main dining room, where you end up sitting with people they don't know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know the answer from personal experience, but I don't think they ever put folks with different reservations at the same table in the specialty restaurants, unless it is requested by all parties. I've never observed this. You should have no issue getting a table for yourself.

Enjoy your cruise and have a great dinner. :D

Let's get this straight... SHARE is not about sharing food, sharing tables or sharing cooking. The share part is that you are going to be sharing the dishwashing. Enjoy! Remember: Clean, Rinse, Sanitize :evilsmile:

Can you tell me what cabin category this is for so I can opt out. :)

Some of the passengers can be enticed to pay for just about anything at any price. :p

And if they enjoy it, so what? It's their vacation. Although, I admit I need to stay out of the boutiques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And if they enjoy it, so what? It's their vacation. Although, I admit I need to stay out of the boutiques.

Just saying.

People will spend extra on anything if you offer it.

It's just a matter of finding the price that will attract enough people to make it profitable.

IMO- $39 for a limited meal - in addition to a missed meal in the DR is outrageous.

We were on the Ruby in October and were excited to try Share- I thought the menu sounded interesting and was expecting to enjoy it. We had a table for 2 (the entire time we were there only 5 tables were used, so reservations weren't needed) We ended up being really disappointed with our dinner- had to send back one of my husbands dishes (and we never do that unless it is inedible, and this was super fishy). They were out of the cheese course I had planned on offering. Now I did love the beet dish that I ordered- so much I could have had a large plate of it for an entrée (although the gnocchi in it were really tough- the rest of the dish was really tasty). Other dinners in the room complained about the dinner as well- we felt pretty bed for the staff. I see they have new menus so It's hard to say if they will be an improvement. As for us, I doubt we will return to Share.

Just saying.

People will spend extra on anything if you offer it.

It's just a matter of finding the price that will attract enough people to make it profitable.

IMO- $39 for a limited meal - in addition to a missed meal in the DR is outrageous.

On the other hand if you look at the price of a tasting menu at a land restaurant 39.00 is pretty good.

We've been a couple of times and enjoyed it.

On the other hand if you look at the price of a tasting menu at a land restaurant 39.00 is pretty good.

We've been a couple of times and enjoyed it.

Actually it's not just $39 p/p. You've got to consider the cost of the missed meal in the DR. Whatever that's worth.

Also most people add some additional tip when in the Specialty restaurants.

All in all it's a pricey meal.

Actually it's not just $39 p/p. You've got to consider the cost of the missed meal in the DR. Whatever that's worth.

Also most people add some additional tip when in the Specialty restaurants.

All in all it's a pricey meal.

I can't imagine that one meal in the DR is worth too much, so with tip SHARE is probably on par with a lower priced tasting menu.