Full price for a 9 month baby!!!

We will be going on Celebrity in October and RCI in February. Our son was born in the end of February this year, and I pay full price for him with happiness! Because of this I expect him to be treated with equally service as other passengers.

It will also be a true joy to point out to those potential other passengers rolling their eyes when they sees a BABY! onboard, that he (well me) paid as much for this cruise as them.

Going on a cruise is a matter of our personal choice. Noone force us to book a cruise on RCI or Celebrity, and therefore I am also prepared to pay what it cost. I would choose another type of vacation if I didnt like the cost of it..

We will be going on Celebrity in October and RCI in February. Our son was born in the end of February this year, and I pay full price for him with happiness! Because of this I expect him to be treated with equally service as other passengers.

It will also be a true joy to point out to those potential other passengers rolling their eyes when they sees a BABY! onboard, that he (well me) paid as much for this cruise as them.

Going on a cruise is a matter of our personal choice. Noone force us to book a cruise on RCI or Celebrity, and therefore I am also prepared to pay what it cost. I would choose another type of vacation if I didnt like the cost of it..

I went on celebrity 3 years ago with my oldest. If nothing has changed Celebrity actually gives you free "jarred" food and baby cereal whereas RCI makes you purchase it after you already paid your fare.

I went on celebrity 3 years ago with my oldest. If nothing has changed Celebrity actually gives you free "jarred" food and baby cereal whereas RCI makes you purchase it after you already paid your fare.

Thanks for the information regarding free "jarred" food and baby cereal on Celebrity. This I didnt know. I knew RCI is charging it, but still a better option for us to buy it from RCI than pack it in Norway and drag it all the way to Singapore.....:)

......And what a lucky child he is! He got his C&A and Captains Club membership a week after he arrived. My wife and I will never reach Pinnacle, but our little rascal might got a chance to do so since he got our current level in C&A/Captains!

......And what a lucky child he is! He got his C&A and Captains Club membership a week after he arrived. My wife and I will never reach Pinnacle, but our little rascal might got a chance to do so since he got our current level in C&A/Captains!

Not necessarily. He has your status, but NOT your points. When he turns 18, he has to reach Pinnacle on his own merits. He may very well be D+ based on your history, but he will only have the points he himself has earned.. there are kids with the status, but the points of say Emerald or platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How were you able to get a C&A number before sailing? I want to do the same.

Not necessarily. He has your status, but NOT your points. When he turns 18, he has to reach Pinnacle on his own merits. He may very well be D+ based on your history, but he will only have the points he himself has earned.. there are kids with the status, but the points of say Emerald or platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

.. You are right. And thats why I used the words "might got a chance". Personally, I didnt start to cruise before I turned 30, and living in Norway without any RCI/Celebrity home ports / departure ports close by, the chances for my wife and I to reach Pinnacle is almost equal to zero..

How were you able to get a C&A number before sailing? I want to do the same.

First of all the booking for our RCI and Celebrity cruise was done before he was born. Our booking agent named him "Baby My surname" in my booking. A week after he was born and his name was registred by the authorities, I called RCI and asked them to give him a C&A/Captains Club number. Now he is registred, and Celebrity is pushing out emails directed to him and not me anymore. So far he dont care too much about these emails, and I believe he cries "delete" when they arrives..

The RCI rep actually laughed when I called to register him, since I called just a week after he was born. According to that rep, he was the youngest ever in Norway to get the status level he got...:cool:

Yes. Children fare is fair. The cruise lines max limits include children. Diaper disposal. High chairs. Crib or other sleeping arrangements. Cards verified on and off ship. Children activities. Other passengers annoyed by screaming babies, unhappy toddlers and unpleasantries during meals. Water for their baths or other cleaning. Space on lifeboats and flotation devices. Soiled linens. And probably much more. So absolutely a full fare is fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just so everyone is aware I do not have an issue paying money at all for my daughter to go on the cruise. But I believe paying the same price as myself is to much. £6-700 would not bother me at all
LOL really!! Then you do have an issue!....K.O.:rolleyes:

LOL really!! Then you do have an issue!....K.O.:rolleyes:

You're responding to an early post with the op saying he wouldn't have a problem paying 600-700 pounds for the baby.

He doesn't have a problem at all because he's actually paying under that.

It's one thing to have a philosophical discussion of babies, but we can't bring the OP into it anymore because it was shown he wasn't doing the math correctly and he admitted it.

To all,

I have to admit I have made a mistake!! I admit when I am in the wrong and have got my prices incorrect. Apologies to all!! Different opinions have been benificial though. Thanks to all that have replied.

Nathan

See?

This is based on 2 adults and 1 child. £1449 each! Making £3497 for us to go.

Math error.

...since £1449 times 3 equals £4347.

The £3497 that I'm seeing for that cruise shows the 3rd person rate is heavily discounted.

1c758c4a7cd03323b2d1b2c348bf9104.jpg

CB

Baby's total fare is 599 pounds.

So let's not quote the OP since it was discovered that he is NOT paying full fare at all for baby.

The bottom line is a child, regardless of age, is a passenger and the third passenger rate (or second passenger rate in the case of a single parent) applies. If children cruise "free" it's only if cruising with both parents in the same room. Therefore the double occupancy rate has already been paid in full. It's the same as the third or fourth passenger free promotion that is sometimes offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
GREAT answer! And one more reason I am happy infants, kids pay the same as an adult. BTW - I cruise solo so have to pay full price for my none existent roommate. I don't mind as it is my choice to cruise or not cruise. Sorry - on this issue I don't have sympathy.

Bravo!

So to put it bluntly after all these comments me and my wife to be will be on a cruise!! As it's our honeymoon we will be going on a celebrity cruise in September and we will be taking our pride and joy, our little girl. Yes I have paid for her and if people don't like it tough!!!!!! My little princess will see the world diffenrtly and maybe next year we might take her somewhere different. But for this year if you don't like it come and chat to me!! Enjoy cruisers I will👍

So to put it bluntly after all these comments me and my wife to be will be on a cruise!! As it's our honeymoon we will be going on a celebrity cruise in September and we will be taking our pride and joy, our little girl. Yes I have paid for her and if people don't like it tough!!!!!! My little princess will see the world diffenrtly and maybe next year we might take her somewhere different. But for this year if you don't like it come and chat to me!! Enjoy cruisers I will[emoji106]

Good for you! Do the cruise as you wish. It's your vacation. It's totally up to you if you decide to bring your "pride and joy" on the cruise with you. As long as you're paying for her nobody has the right to object. Enjoy your vacation!

I wouldn't pay that! Go ahead and leave her with one of the grandparents and then you'll have an even better honeymoon, while saving money!

I actually agree with you. But they have decided they would want their daughter to be with them. It's their decision and it should be respected by their fellow cruisers. I'm sure that if the baby acts up & cries they will respond appropriately. So what's the big deal?

So to put it bluntly after all these comments me and my wife to be will be on a cruise!! As it's our honeymoon we will be going on a celebrity cruise in September and we will be taking our pride and joy, our little girl. Yes I have paid for her and if people don't like it tough!!!!!! My little princess will see the world diffenrtly and maybe next year we might take her somewhere different. But for this year if you don't like it come and chat to me!! Enjoy cruisers I will👍

I commend you with your decision, and your decision works for you. If I was a cruiser on the ship, I would love to enjoy the cute baby with you....it would be the 'grandmother' that I am not, but hope some day to be, talking.

This thread was about the cost and the cost is what it is. People that don't like the cost will find cruise ships that don't charge for children.

I have friends that have traveled with their now 7 year old daughter on every vacation they have gone on and to very distant places. Her first vacation was a cruise and she was not a year old. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

ENJOY your cruise!