Use Your Royal Caribbean OBC Prior to Boarding

In the past, if you wanted to use your Royal Caribbean OBC to book an excursion, beverage or dining package, or whatever, you had to wait until you get on board to use it. Now, you can go into your Cruise Planner and use your Royal Caribbean OBC to purchase those things ahead of time instead of paying for it with your credit card before hand.

Now, this does not apply to travel agent OBC which you can't use until your board the ship.

I was told this is a new program that was recently rolled out. It's a good deal as far as I'm concerned.

I am now under 60 days until cruising. I went on and added my Royal Visa points for OBC. I normally wait until closer but wanted to see if they would show up like my Royal given OBC. So far it has not been added but I am hopeful that it will available before getting on the ship too. If available, we will go ahead and use it for a Royal excursion. If not, we will probably stick with independent excursion as it is less cost. I will keep checking & try to update if the Visa OBC shows up.

BLAMBKY, we cruise in June and we also have points from RCCL Visa to redeem for OBC. Please let me know if you are able to use yours in the cruise planner before you cruise. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just traded my RCCL Visa points for OBC. How long does it take for it to show up? Where can I check to see if it has been applied to my account?

They apply Visa points redemptions in order of sailing, so if your sailing is far in the future, it could be a few weeks. If your sailing is in thenext month ot so, you should see it show up as a pop up when you bring up your Cruise Planner.

They apply Visa points redemptions in order of sailing, so if your sailing is far in the future, it could be a few weeks. If your sailing is in thenext month ot so, you should see it show up as a pop up when you bring up your Cruise Planner.

Thank you kind Sir!:cool:

I just traded my RCCL Visa points for OBC. How long does it take for it to show up? Where can I check to see if it has been applied to my account?

We have had it show up in 24 hours and in one case it was 3 months.