Case of wine, sailing tomorrow.

Redsky5292

We are sailing on the Breakaway tomorrow and we are bringing a case of wine with us. Anyone else have experience with this? Should we bring it in the cardboard box that it is currently in? Should we label each bottle with our name and stateroom? Thanks!

We are sailing on the Breakaway tomorrow and we are bringing a case of wine with us. Anyone else have experience with this? Should we bring it in the cardboard box that it is currently in? Should we label each bottle with our name and stateroom? Thanks!

Might as well leave it at home unless you want to pay the $15 per bottle corkage fee.

You can carry it on anyway you wish. I do a rolling wine bag. When you go through security, they will direct you to a table where a person will sticker each bottle and do a charge slip ($15/per bottle) You will then carry it on the ship.

If cabins aren't ready, you can try to access and drop off the wine. This usually is doable.

It's a very easy process and I have never had a problem or a long wait.

On our last cruise we didn't have the UBP so we brought 8 bottles of wine with us. They will label your bottles for you at the desk (off to the side after you go through security) after you have paid the $15 for each bottle. We used a padded backpack-style cooler and it fit the 8 bottles perfectly.

You have to carry it through security with you. If you leave it in your checked luggage, your bag will be confiscated and you'all spend part of your first night in line getting it out of the naughty room.

Each bottle will be tagged once you pay the corkage. It is up to you to get the bottles on the ship and to your room.

Ship cabins can be small and clutter easily, and often don’t offer a lot of hanging options for towels and jackets. However, most cabin walls are metal, which means they’re also magnetic. Before you embark, head to your local hardware store and invest in a few magnet clips and hooks. This will allow you to hang extra wet bathing suits, and help you stay organized as you clip daily itineraries and other important documents to the wall. Remember, these are things you're better off not packing on your vacation.

Ship cabins can be small and clutter easily, and often don’t offer a lot of hanging options for towels and jackets. However, most cabin walls are metal, which means they’re also magnetic. Before you embark, head to your local hardware store and invest in a few magnet clips and hooks. This will allow you to hang extra wet bathing suits, and help you stay organized as you clip daily itineraries and other important documents to the wall. Remember, these are things you're better off not packing on your vacation.

However, don't try to hang your case of wine on the magnetic hooks .... it is too heavy ! :p ;p

...VTX-Al

The least expensive wine I could find on NCL website. I can bring a better quality of wine to my liking and even with the corkage fee will be better off taste wise and $$$ wise.

HOUSE SPARKLING WINE

1738-House-Sparkling-Wine-Large.jpg

Price:

$ 25 96

Might as well leave it at home unless you want to pay the $15 per bottle corkage fee.

• 4 months later...

We are not impressed with the wine selection this trip. So we are bringing our own wine next time and paying the 15 bucks per bottle corkage fee. Makes much more sense and way more economical. We're already on day 4 spent 200 bucks on reds that are just okay not great. We could've brought some amazing cab's. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are not impressed with the wine selection this trip. So we are bringing our own wine next time and paying the 15 bucks per bottle corkage fee. Makes much more sense and way more economical. We're already on day 4 spent 200 bucks on reds that are just okay not great. We could've brought some amazing cab's. Sigh.

I too will be bringing on wine at Civitavecchia. I'll bet a $10eu bottle of Italian wine + $15 corkage will be better than any sub $50 wine offered on the NCL ship. There's a market by the port shuttle pick-up spot.:)

We'll be on the Jade in Nov. and I'm thinking about bringing our own too. Do you have the UBP?? Some ppl say that if you have UBP it's not worth bringing your own (get all the wine they give you by the glass) but I've seen the list they have and I'm not impressed with it.

TIA

We'll be on the Jade in Nov. and I'm thinking about bringing our own too. Do you have the UBP?? Some ppl say that if you have UBP it's not worth bringing your own (get all the wine they give you by the glass) but I've seen the list they have and I'm not impressed with it.

TIA

I'd rather pay a small corkage fee than drink crappy wine regardless of the plan I have. That's just me.

Yea My wife likes sauvignon blanc in which they had maybe 3 all together. So she finds 1 of them just ok.I will drink a cab or 2 with dinner but not a big wine drinker.

I like mix drinks and beer.

I always have the UBP for us and I feel bad they have pruned down the menus so much but she does not say much about it. And I know when I used to bring bottles for her she never drinks much of them because of the hassle so she makes due and does a few other frozen drinks and a few beers on occasion.

So when the UBP came out years ago there was Scotch available now its the nasty stuff they also had better wines and whiskeys all of it gone now. Or upcharges. which does not make sense because of the cost is close on most of it. Unless they are doing it to make it easier to order all the booze.