Jewel of the seas

Hi Everyone

Not very familiar with the Jewel although we were on her a few years ago. Had an aft balcony on deck seven. LOVED IT!!

Can you point me in the right direction for a good balcony? Aft are all booked for the cruise we are looking at,11/26/17

(More familiar with Princess)

Thanks so much for your help!

Reader

Look at the port side 'hump" cabins...the ones on the "edge" of the hump have extra space on the balcony. The "edge" starboard humps don't have as much balcony space.

The deck 7 balconies have the lifeboats directly below...some of the balconies are "extended", but offer less privacy, since the balcony divider doesn't go all the way to the outside railing.

There really aren't any "bad" balconies...but if you can't get an "aft", I'd rather have something near the elevator/stairway foyer!

Although you said balcony so probably does not fit just come off JS 1098 with the supposed obstructed balcony.

It is a great cabin and you get extra balcony/napping space compared to other JS where the supposed obstruction is.

Try for #9576 (our Favorite on Jewel) with a larger than standard balcony and very convenient location. We've never had a noise problem there. #9578 next door is also a possibility although the balcony is a little smaller, but still a bit bigger than standard. Good Luck! :)

Balconies at lower levels on the Jewel cannot see straight down to the water due to the canopies over the life boats. This bothers some people. I was on deck 10 and was not affected but my father was on deck 7 and he didn't like that he could only see out, not down.

Balconies on the hump are not affected because there are no life boats there. But there are only hump rooms on the starboard side, the port side has elevators.

Try for #9576 (our Favorite on Jewel) with a larger than standard balcony and very convenient location. We've never had a noise problem there. #9578 next door is also a possibility although the balcony is a little smaller, but still a bit bigger than standard. Good Luck! :)

9576 is my cabin on choice on Radiance class ships. It's got a large balcony, is sheltered from most of the centrum noise and musters in the Schooner Bar! :D

Had 8594 two weeks ago. Awesome cabin. I'm an early and light sleeper, didn't hear the Centrum at all.

We were in that cabin 2 years ago on our first Jewel Cruise. Loved the position around the centrum and we never heared any noise either.

• 4 weeks later...