Breakfast Attire -Sabatini's

Coffeeluvr05

Okay...I guess I need to defend myself (clarify).

By pants, I mean anything with 2 legs (long or short). I did not mean to sound sexist that a "man" would need to wear long pants and a "woman" can wear anything...even PJs if they wanted to.

As for being an Elite member traveling in a suite. There's not much difference in the perks except:

Suite: one day service for laundry

Suite: Sabatini's breakfast

Suite: corsage

Suite: full MDR menu room service

Everything else is also an Elite perk

Elite: 2 mini bars

Elite: Canopes on formal nights only (verses everyday). But without the chocolate covered strawberries...this is a mute point

Elite: free laundry service

Elite: tea service in room

Elite: shoe shine

Elite: amenity bag

and so on. It is the Sabatini's breakfast that sets the two "status's" apart.

Originally posted by kelleherdl I don't understand your qualifier 'especially if you are already an elite member.' I am 4 Star on HAL, but our September BI cruise will be our first Princess cruise. I would certainly expect that I would not be treated any differently at breakfast than other full suite passengers, based on Elite or not-Elite.

Dennis

I, for one, believe that Sabatini's breakfast for suite passengers is the very best perk, especially if you are already an elite member.

I did not mean to imply that you will be "treated" any differently whether you are elite on not-elite. Breakfast at Sabatini's is a suites only perk. All of the other suite perks are similar to Elite Status. And I did state that it was only my opinion.

Edited by cr8tiv1

The corsage is no longer a perk, but have been told by Princess Customer Service who called me that one may ask about it at the Pursers desk and they will oblige.

In its place is Club Class Dining. There is also complimentary Specialty dining on embarkation evening. Upgraded turndown service means they are supposed to change the linens everytime the bed is slept in (I said oh really?) and upgraded chocolates.

Edited by cflutist

We cruised in a suite for the first time in November. Breakfast in Sabitinis was wonderful - quiet with excellent service. We were on the Regal in the Caribbean and dress was the same as MDR. Enjoy! Karen

The corsage is no longer a perk
Off topic, but just wanted to say we received corsage on the first formal night in a suite on the Regal. I guess the room steward didn't the memo from corporate. ;)

One more suite perk not listed above . . . which I know kind if goes without saying . . . is the larger cabin and balcony. That's what is really being paid for - all else are just what they're called - perks (which are nice indeed but not a huge cost to Princess).

One more suite perk not listed above . . . which I know kind if goes without saying . . . is the larger cabin and balcony. That's what is really being paid for - all else are just what they're called - perks (which are nice indeed but not a huge cost to Princess).

Yes, love those 9x17 balconies on the Grand Class ships. Oh and the separate shower and spa tub. Have stayed in 3 PH suites but am really looking forwards to a 900 sq ft owners suite on the Pacific Princess this summer. Still wondering how they will do Club Class Dining as my booking still says early seating (no Anytime dining on that ship).

Yes, love those 9x17 balconies on the Grand Class ships. Oh and the separate shower and spa tub. Have stayed in 3 PH suites but am really looking forwards to a 900 sq ft owners suite on the Pacific Princess this summer. Still wondering how they will do Club Class Dining as my booking still says early seating (no Anytime dining on that ship).

We've also done multiple PHs on multiple ships and then on our latest cruise did an aft OS on the Pacific (since there are no aft PHs). You'll love it as it's a PH with lots more room, a fantastic wall of wood-covered storage, two completely separate baths, and a huge balcony!

And while it is a smaller ship the balcony is half the width of the ship. For the two of us, quite frankly, it was too large. We probably used 25% of the floor space. But it is a great private viewing space to both the back and the side if you're around any nice scenery.

And, of course, there's Breakfast in Sabatini's which on the PP is soooo nice as there are even fewer suiteholders (only 10 full suites) and it has a long wall of floor-to-ceiling windows for a wonderful view of the world while you're enjoying a terrific and relaxing breakfast.

We were in French Polynesia and Breakfast in Sabatini's with a view of those very special islands was one of our treasured memories.

Enjoy!!!!!!!

For us it is the service. They always seem helpful if you want something off the menu (we had asked if they had chocolate croissants but they didn't. The next day they had them and every day after that; they went and got them from the International Cafe). They also remember what you like and don't like and any special needs. My father has to drink thickened water and after the first morning we no longer have to remind them not to put water into his glass but just to bring an empty one.

Agreed. Service is second to none. The menu is not that big, but if they have it on the ship, they will get it for you. They just need one day notice. As far as what to wear, just no gym clothes...:):):)

Bob

Curious on this as we will be in a suite on a future cruise. When we tried to do breakfast in the MDR one day we were dressed for our day and DH had on a tank top and shorts...he was told he needed to have a collared shirt on in order to eat (he had to go back to the room and put on his shirt from last night)...so I am curious if that is the rule as well in Sabatinis?

Can you substitute a free Bloody Mary instead of the free Mimosa in the Sabitini's breakfast, or if I choose to order a Bloody Mary, will they charge for that (assuming I haven't purchased the beverage package)?

Also, if I just wanted pancakes and bacon, is it possible to order that at the Sabitini's breakfast?

Curious on this as we will be in a suite on a future cruise. When we tried to do breakfast in the MDR one day we were dressed for our day and DH had on a tank top and shorts...he was told he needed to have a collared shirt on in order to eat (he had to go back to the room and put on his shirt from last night)...so I am curious if that is the rule as well in Sabatinis?

Tank tops are a no no for men in the DR at any time.

I have been turned away a couple of times at breakfast and lunch.

Ok for women. I have seen women with hairier armpits than mine.......go figure.

Can you substitute a free Bloody Mary instead of the free Mimosa in the Sabitini's breakfast, or if I choose to order a Bloody Mary, will they charge for that (assuming I haven't purchased the beverage package)?

Also, if I just wanted pancakes and bacon, is it possible to order that at the Sabitini's breakfast?

When our FIL ordered BM's he was charged. So I would think other alcohol drinks would be no. You can buy one. The Mimosa is their signature drink.

You can order anything/anyway you want within reason.

I had steak and eggs several days.

Tank tops are a no no for men in the DR at any time.

I have been turned away a couple of times at breakfast and lunch.

Ok for women. I have seen women with hairier armpits than mine.......go figure.

I know I have seen some women in tanks and shorts in the dining room and thought oh no honey....I don't need to see your parts. ..I have my own so I don't need ti be seated across from yours all over the place like they were in the menu or something. ..[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I know I have seen some women in tanks and shorts in the dining room and thought oh no honey....I don't need to see your parts. ..I have my own so I don't need ti be seated across from yours all over the place like they were in the menu or something. ..[emoji33]

I'm with you! I hate it when I go out to eat somewhere and there is blatant exposure of parts and garments that should be left to the imagination rather than prominently displayed. Maybe I'm just old or something but I don't like the slutty way many women dress these days.

100% agree. When I try on a new dress for the cruise make sure nothing is popping out and then I lean forward like I would do at the dinner table and ask my dh if anything is showing and if if I feel or either of us see anything I either dont buy it or see if it can be fixed with fashion tape to close a gap in those cross over dresses. What I will still never understand is the black bra under a really thin white shirt. ..huh....did they not learn that you wear cream or flesh under white. Same thing with the no white shoes after labor day and before easter. I mean simple etiquette is severely lacking in today's society. .such a shame.