Think prices will drop after the 100 Sale?

Like every other sale by every other company with every other product, some folks will save money over what they just paid and some folks won't.

The past few months my go-to cereal (Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch...don't judge this 52 yr old who still eats that! :)) at the local Safeway has been "on sale" at $1.99 each, $2.00 each, buy one get one free, buy two get one free, etc., etc., etc. as well as regular priced at about $4.00 each.

It's called marketing. If something is priced right for you when you buy it, don't worry about whether someone is calling it a "sale".

Like every other sale by every other company with every other product, some folks will save money over what they just paid and some folks won't.

The past few months my go-to cereal (Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch...don't judge this 52 yr old who still eats that! :)) at the local Safeway has been "on sale" at $1.99 each, $2.00 each, buy one get one free, buy two get one free, etc., etc., etc. as well as regular priced at about $4.00 each.

It's called marketing. If something is priced right for you when you buy it, don't worry about whether someone is calling it a "sale".

Have you ever tried Reese's Puffs? If not I suggest you give it a try. It will change your life!

No, prices will not go down after the current sale. They jack the prices prior to a sale to make a sale seem like you're saving. Then when the sale is over, the higher price becomes the baseline for the next sale. So in effect, prices keep creeping up. When was the last time you found a 3 night cruise for $99 per person in an interior(answer - 3 years ago)? Now it's $235 as a "hot deal" price.

Personally, I have in my mind what I consider the nominal cost. Usually for interior, its about 100/night/person. If i'm on that trajectory I'm happy. If I'm below, i feel like i got a good deal, if i'm above, it will be a justification of sorts (like i paid a little more for my anthem cruise or i paid a little to sail during the summer with the sister's in law's kids).

The prices usually fall on my tolerance level. If it doesn't, than I don't really consider it. Whatever sale that comes on, the bottom line price seems to be the same.

However, I have found that RIGHT after a sale, the prices jump a little until the next "sale" takes place to bring it back down to "normal".

Don't know if it had anything to do with the sale. But I just booked the Indy for a 9 night Christmas Cruise for $70 per person, per night. Total

It's an inside on deck 2 but for that price it's all good.

Personally, I have in my mind what I consider the nominal cost. Usually for interior, its about 100/night/person. If i'm on that trajectory I'm happy. If I'm below, i feel like i got a good deal, if i'm above, it will be a justification of sorts (like i paid a little more for my anthem cruise or i paid a little to sail during the summer with the sister's in law's kids).

The prices usually fall on my tolerance level. If it doesn't, than I don't really consider it. Whatever sale that comes on, the bottom line price seems to be the same.

However, I have found that RIGHT after a sale, the prices jump a little until the next "sale" takes place to bring it back down to "normal".

100/nite/person seems high for insides. We have 5 balcony reservations over the next two years all for under 120pp/nite.

As for "sales". There are none.

100/nite/person seems high for insides. We have 5 balcony reservations over the next two years all for under 120pp/nite.

We just got $70 per night, per person. For a Holiday cruise Call it a "SALE" or an IT faux pah. I have the conformation.

Thanks a bunch to price tracking.

Do you all constantly go to RCI website and dummy book, or is there an easier way to keep track of the price changes? I used to have an app that I could pull up and look at current category prices for different sailings I was watching, but the app is no longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you all constantly go to RCI website and dummy book, or is there an easier way to keep track of the price changes? I used to have an app that I could pull up and look at current category prices for different sailings I was watching, but the app is no longer.

Cruise Critic has a price checking service: http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/

Like others have said, RCCL is infamous for a price hike on a Tuesday/Wednesday, and then a sale on Thurs-Monday, or a 100HR sale, 2 day sale, etc. around a weekend to get you to book.. then the price goes up for a day or two (boy, didn't you feel good knowing you got a great deal!), then they re-image the sale, different terms ($100 OBC, free upgrade, 30% off all guests, 50% off 2nd guest, etc.) and blast out a million more emails about this opportunity. I actually followed a specific sailing for a few months, and the price (when not on sale) never changed by more then $27 total for a family of 4 when booked during any particular sale. and if you don't book during the sale, a good travel agent will book you, and then just readjust it (if not within the final payment period) when the next sale comes up, letting you start to plan, and get the room selection at the time of the original (overpriced) booking period. rebooking only takes them a few minutes, and behind the scenes, is not much off their commission (a few dollars, at best), but they gain more trust and confidence in you as a client...

Like others have said, RCCL is infamous for a price hike on a Tuesday/Wednesday, and then a sale on Thurs-Monday, or a 100HR sale, 2 day sale, etc. around a weekend to get you to book.. then the price goes up for a day or two (boy, didn't you feel good knowing you got a great deal!), then they re-image the sale, different terms ($100 OBC, free upgrade, 30% off all guests, 50% off 2nd guest, etc.) and blast out a million more emails about this opportunity. I actually followed a specific sailing for a few months, and the price (when not on sale) never changed by more then $27 total for a family of 4 when booked during any particular sale. and if you don't book during the sale, a good travel agent will book you, and then just readjust it (if not within the final payment period) when the next sale comes up, letting you start to plan, and get the room selection at the time of the original (overpriced) booking period. rebooking only takes them a few minutes, and behind the scenes, is not much off their commission (a few dollars, at best), but they gain more trust and confidence in you as a client...

This is very true. Going on 4th cruise in May and I'm learning. When I booked recently, one week RCL had the 60% off second person sale and then the next it was 30% off each guest...that is the same thing, definitely not a deal in my book.

I use that as a gauge. I try to get underneath that, but if i hit that especially with taxes and port fees, I'm happy. I've gotten interiors for as low as 65/night/person, but that's a deal, not the line I set. There's a 9 night I'm looking to pull the trigger on that that's at 80/night. Its below the 100/night mark I set so I see this as a good deal.

I've been monitoring cost of a 23 night cruise and find that during the 100 hours sale, the "regular" cost was bumped up by over $2,000! RCCL website makes you think you are getting a discount of $2,040, but want you to pay almost the same price that existed prior to the recent 100 sale. So no deal.

Cruise is not until next year, so I'll just keep on watching for other "sales".