Cuba ? still not sure

Taylor D

My grown kids and there spouses and my wife and I are all going on a Bahamas cruise in July, when it's done everyone needs to get back to work right a way on the West Coast except me so i'm thinking of going on the four day cruise to Cuba just to see it meet the people and try Cubien food. The bad part is paying double so just when I think i have covered it all when I call she says by the way you need a Visa and that will be another $70. I have never been on NCL before but can't they just say that on the cruise information. She says you can get the Visa on your own but she has no idea how to do it, Not the best first impression I got with NCL so far.

My grown kids and there spouses and my wife and I are all going on a Bahamas cruise in July, when it's done everyone needs to get back to work right a way on the West Coast except me so i'm thinking of going on the four day cruise to Cuba just to see it meet the people and try Cubien food. The bad part is paying double so just when I think i have covered it all when I call she says by the way you need a Visa and that will be another $70. I have never been on NCL before but can't they just say that on the cruise information. She says you can get the Visa on your own but she has no idea how to do it, Not the best first impression I got with NCL so far.

Personally that I won't go to Cuba for two days . Cuba is large beautiful country . If you look thru the government , the people are friendly and easy going.

If you can take a land tour to Cuba.

It is not NCL or any cruise line's responsibility to inform or assist with ANY countries' passport or visa requirements. If you are a US citizen you should visit the state department website. If you need additional help you need to use a travel agent to advise you.

This is spelled out in NCL's faqs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reference OPs intial post - OP, this is standard for any cruise itinerary that requires a Visa, Cuba is jus the first Caribbean port to require a Visa for US passengers. But, if you cruise in Africa, Asia, middle east, etc, all those ports require visa's and it's really up to the passenger to do the leg work on knowing what countries require Visas, how much they are, are how to get them. Often cruise lines will get them as a courtesy, but not always. Sorry you feel blind sided but this is a standard practice- not NCL doing anything wrong.

Unless things have changed in the last little while. They didn't hide anything from us on a walking tour in Havana.

I think a Canadian on a land tour is going to get something different than the OP, US passenger on a US company's cruise ship.

We did get driven past Cuban Farm Prison's.

How about the mass graves?

January 12 - In the largest mass execution of former officials since Castro's victory, Cuban communists shot 71 supporters of Fulgencio Batista over a seven-hour period, then buried them in a mass grave.

How about the mass graves?

January 12 - In the largest mass execution of former officials since Castro's victory, Cuban communists shot 71 supporters of Fulgencio Batista over a seven-hour period, then buried them in a mass grave.

January 12 1959