Customer Support Supervisor says ALL 3 cabin members of spa cabin get perks

gardn198

Just wanted to provide an update - I have spoken to several customer service reps and saw the mockup booking that says only 2 of the 3 people booked in a spa cabin get perks. I just called and asked to speak to a supervisor named Misty and she said that all three get the perks.

Just wanted to provide an update - I have spoken to several customer service reps and saw the mockup booking that says only 2 of the 3 people booked in a spa cabin get perks. I just called and asked to speak to a supervisor named Misty and she said that all three get the perks.

That's nice that they told you that, but be sure you get that in writing!!

Then they need to change the website because it clearly says only the first 2 receive the spa perks. We were in a spa balcony on the Breeze in January and the perks only applied to the first 2 in the cabin. They made that clear when we picked up our wrist bands in the spa.

Important Notes

• Only the first and second guests in a spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; additional guests in the same stateroom are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

Just so I understand....the policy on the website and all the materials say only 2 people in the cabin are eligible....The literature states this. The website state this. Numerous customer service reps state this. Yet you are mad at Carnival because you misunderstood and because you don't want to pay additional for services you should pay for, you want to escalate until you get your way? [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just so I understand....the policy on the website and all the materials say only 2 people in the cabin are eligible....The literature states this. The website state this. Numerous customer service reps state this. Yet you are mad at Carnival because you misunderstood and because you don't want to pay additional for services you should pay for, you want to escalate until you get your way? [emoji849]

Nope. I am mad because I booked on the phone, and was told we would all have access.

I am mad because when you visit the Spa section of help.carnaval.com, it says "guests booked in spa cabins will have access"

I am mad because I would NOT have known otherwise until I happened to see a post about it on here. That would have been a $300 surprise.

I am mad because my friend called and talked to a SUPERVISOR who assured us all 3 would be allowed access (even after she had been told no by a regular rep and then connected to a supervisor who said yes)

I am mad that I called back to get it in writing, and was told a different answer. Had I simply trusted the supervisor's word, we would have showed up thinking all was dandy and had a $300 surprise.

I am not simply throwing a hissy fit because I didn't get my way. I did NOT book online and was not prompted that it would be only two. So far all I can see is if you book online it will alert you this. But I did not book online. This has been the worst customer service experience I have ever dealt with (there have been a ton of other issues with our booking that I won't get into.) I never complain at restaurants, I always tip 20%, I'm nice to customer reps, I'm not entitled. But when I book a cabin and am told and out right lie about what I'm supposed to be getting with what I'm paying for, I get mad.

I don't think the reps lie. They're just untrained, which is very typical of Carnival. This is why a good TA is worth his or her weight in gold. They know all the things the cruise line sales reps are never taught.

Ignore the superior know-it-alls in this and your previous thread. You have every right to be furious. I'd be writing corporate and tracking down John Heald (who has been known to pull some strings in the past).

Thank you. I'm a nice person and they're being rude. If they want to be a jerk to a stranger on the internet it's their prerogative. I'm trying to plan my best friend's bachelorette party and I want everyone to be happy. It's not just about me. These girls have a budget and suddenly it will cost them more and I feel slighted that we weren't told any of this up front. So yes, I'm upset and frustrated and at my wits end trying to talk to someone and get a consistent answer. I don't yell at reps because i know it's their company with the crappy policies, not them. I'm not some person just trying to get a free pass. They misled me and they need to remedy their mistake. I'm not asking for extra stuff, just honor what they told me we were getting. It's not like we're asking for free spa services like a massage or something, we just want the passes to the sauna etc they told us we would all have when I booked it!

Edited by gardn198
Added a sentence.

I don't think the reps lie. They're just untrained, which is very typical of Carnival. This is why a good TA is worth his or her weight in gold. They know all the things the cruise line sales reps are never taught.

Ignore the superior know-it-alls in this and your previous thread. You have every right to be furious. I'd be writing corporate and tracking down John Heald (who has been known to pull some strings in the past).

LOL, ignore us "know it alls" and just listen to you....because you "know it all"? [emoji13]

If you actually READ my post, I didn't claim to know of the OPs conversation. I stated what is apparently in all the available online materials. According to the OP, numerous Carnival agents told her that only 2 occupants get the Spa service at no additional cost. According to Fyree, if someone doesn't agree with you, don't listen to them and label them "know it all". Just listen to people who agree with you, right? [emoji849]

LOL, ignore us "know it alls" and just listen to you....because you "know it all"? [emoji13]

If you actually READ my post, I didn't claim to know of the OPs conversation. I stated what is apparently in all the available online materials. According to the OP, numerous Carnival agents told her that only 2 occupants get the Spa service at no additional cost. According to Fyree, if someone doesn't agree with you, don't listen to them and label them "know it all". Just listen to people who agree with you, right? [emoji849]

Those agents told me this AFTER the original agent I booked with had said we all got access and after I had checked the Carnival help site that says "guests booked in spa cabins get access" - where it does not say only the 1st 2 get access. I was not simply calling until I got a "yes". The story changed AFTER I booked.

Misty, just split the difference between the other four girls. Don't let $50 a piece get you this worked up to the point it ruins your cruise even before you go. The rep should have said something about the third guest IMHO.

My name isn't Misty that was the supervisor's name who told us we all get free access to the spa ;p. $50 adds up considering we already all had to pay $50pp to switch ships so that's yet another $50 we need to pay again.

Thats why I research first and ask questions that I don't see answers to and have that stated in writing before I pay for anything, so I can hold them accountable...you've learned the hard way...a mistake you won't make again I'm sure.

Thats why I research first and ask questions that I don't see answers to and have that stated in writing before I pay for anything, so I can hold them accountable...you've learned the hard way...a mistake you won't make again I'm sure.

Right and I normally am an OBSESSIVE researcher (hence why I'm on this site ;)) but we had to act quickly because there were only 2 spa cabins left and I was worried they would get taken so we grabbed them right away. We were moving from a different ship too so this was all done over the phone and not online. Also - it just seems common sense that all 3 guests would have the same perks, so I would never have thought to have asked it anyways. I only found out when it was posted in here and I stumbled upon it.

Thank you. I'm a nice person and they're being rude. If they want to be a jerk to a stranger on the internet it's their prerogative. I'm trying to plan my best friend's bachelorette party and I want everyone to be happy. It's not just about me. These girls have a budget and suddenly it will cost them more and I feel slighted that we weren't told any of this up front. So yes, I'm upset and frustrated and at my wits end trying to talk to someone and get a consistent answer. I don't yell at reps because i know it's their company with the crappy policies, not them. I'm not some person just trying to get a free pass. They misled me and they need to remedy their mistake. I'm not asking for extra stuff, just honor what they told me we were getting. It's not like we're asking for free spa services like a massage or something, we just want the passes to the sauna etc they told us we would all have when I booked it!

I wasn't rude. Just because I didn't just agree with your point of view doesn't make me rude. Funny how you resort to name calling, (you resorted to using "jerk), yet call me rude [emoji108]

I wasn't rude. Just because I didn't just agree with your point of view doesn't make me rude. Funny how you resort to name calling, (you resorted to using "jerk), yet call me rude [emoji108]

Looking at your previous posts, it seems passive aggression is your specialty and you tend to offend people frequently. How about being a little nicer? We're all in the same boat here, hypothetically!

Not Misty, what was the price for a standard inside cabin vs. a spa cabin on your cruise? Would it be cheaper to go standard inside and simply buy a spa pass each or is it not as a good deal?

Thanks for that suggestion - I did try that but it's much more expensive to do it that way unfortunately.

Looking at your previous posts, it seems passive aggression is your specialty and you tend to offend people frequently. How about being a little nicer? We're all in the same boat here, hypothetically!

So now I am rude AND passive aggressive? Yet you called me a jerk, and that's ok? You call me a jerk, yet say I am offensive [emoji848]....Please, point to my post on here where I was offensive to you

You're one of those I usually scroll on by because you don't usually have anything positive to add to the conversation. Such is the case here. Carry on...

So in the future, try to follow your own advice so I don't have to correct you when you are wrong....Carry on sweetie [emoji3]

I am sorry you are having to go through this. I know vacation can be stressful and this is just adding another layer on to it. Unfortunately wrong information is given so many times by the CSRs when booking over the phone and even the supervisors. It's too late now, but maybe for the future find a good PVP. Mine would have walked you through it and made sure you understood everything for the beginning. Incorrect info and the inexperience of the CSRs is why I don't call the 800 number. I know more than a few that I have spoken to. Like I said, it's too late now, but maybe next time. It's something to consider.

I am sorry you are having to go through this. I know vacation can be stressful and this is just adding another layer on to it. Unfortunately wrong information is given so many times by the CSRs when booking over the phone and even the supervisors. It's too late now, but maybe for the future find a good PVP. Mine would have walked you through it and made sure you understood everything for the beginning. Incorrect info and the inexperience of the CSRs is why I don't call the 800 number. I know more than a few that I have spoken to. Like I said, it's too late now, but maybe next time. It's something to consider.

Thank you! I keep hearing people talk about PVPs but how do you get one? My friend (the bride) is calling now and is on the phone with a senior supervisor so we'll see what happens. In the future we understand this but since they told us wrong info up front, we're fighting it. Next time I will just book a regular cabin and not deal with this hassle.